Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel S2 - 27th June 2016 AM watch

• View Poll Results: How did you find the Edexcel S2 exam?
    Very hard
    14.71%
    Hard
    33.57%
    Normal
    29.72%
    Easy
    15.42%
    Very easy
    6.59%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    I got variance as 1.58 I think. Don't know how I screwed that up. I got the same mean. For the next part I said they were nearly the same so poisson would be suitable. Would I get the mark? Also grade boundaries for A*?
    A* probably looking at anywhere between 67 and 71 ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taichingkan)
    I did E(A)=pi*E(R^2), which can be found using Var(X)+(E(X))^2 which gave (151/3)pi
    Just realised it, the letter R and r confused me that's why ahhh
    Did you managed the find n question
    I got 1.75= (55.5-0.2n)/root16n, and got minus b^2-4ac so i stop at the multipling step :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RGBlinkFrayXx)
    Yeah, just came on TSR and realised my mistake 😅 Do you think any working out marks are possible here or did I lose all 4?
    You might get a mark for saying E(r) =7

ReputationRep:
    Whats 55/75?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    I said that the mean was the same as the variance... but my mean and variance were not the same in part a... will i get any marks ?
    Probably as they were the same to 1 sf or 2sf, techincally. Right sort of concept so probably but i'm not amazing at stats and by no means an examiner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taichingkan)
    I'm sorry, I'm not the best person to ask, but I would think that should still get you in the A region (80-90 UMS)
    Thank you for your help! 😊👍🏼

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anndz3007)
    Just realised it, the letter R and r confused me that's why ahhh
    Did you managed the find n question
    I got 1.75= (55.5-0.2n)/root16n, and got minus b^2-4ac so i stop at the multipling step :'(
    i think it was root(0.16n) not root(16n), I managed to guess 225 and some other answer in the 300s, rejected cause decimal. So my answer was n=225.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RGBlinkFrayXx)
    Thank you for your help! 😊👍🏼
    It's alright, sorry I couldn't give you a tighter range...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zombaldia)
    Probably as they were the same to 1 sf or 2sf, techincally. Right sort of concept so probably but i'm not amazing at stats and by no means an examiner
    ah I hope they just give me the mark lol... cause in the formula book it has both the mean and variance for the poisson distribution as being both lamba so thats why i wrote it down ...

ReputationRep:
    c1: 90
    c2: 86
    s1: 70

c3: 74
    c4:78
    s2: 55 marks ( maybe a B?)

lol there goes my A

ReputationRep:
    ah I hope they just give me the mark lol... cause in the formula book it has both the mean and variance for the poisson distribution as being both lamba so thats why i wrote it down ...
    Yeah it'll probably be right. Don't worry about it mate. Only 1 mark too

ReputationRep:
    I do think it has got to go down I mean even the final question with Peter and his bins would've confused some people as people assume its more difficult than it actually is, given its at the end of the paper *prays*
    Yeah not many people I asked got it

What is your profile pic? XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Yeah not many people I asked got it

What is your profile pic? XD
    Twitter was sending lots of hate towards Peter so hopefully that counts in our favour .

My profile pic is a page of chapter 2 from c3

ReputationRep:
    Anyone up for doing an unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    Is there an unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keres)
    It would be difficult since many people can't remember answers like 0.8337 ect haha - I'm just hoping that physics and maths tutor would've got hold of the paper and the model answers will be uploaded soon !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imran_)
    c1: 90
    c2: 86
    s1: 70

c3: 74
    c4:78
    s2: 55 marks ( maybe a B?)

lol there goes my A
    Im the exact same, bye bye uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would I get any marks for this?! Question 5) Normal approx...X~B(n,0.2)E(X)=0.2nVar( X)=0.16ntherefore; X~N(0.2n,0.16n) P(X>55)=> CC P(X>=55.5)P(Z>(55.5-0.2n)/rt0.16n)=0.04011-P(Z<(55.5-0.2n)/rt0.16n)=0.0401P(Z<(55.5-0.2n)/rt0.16n)=0.9599Therefore;(55.5-0.2n)/rt0.16n = 1.7555-0.2n= 1.75(0.4)(n^1/2)55-0.2n=0.7n^1/2Then I squares out formed a quadratic and tried to rearrange but it didn't solve (yielded imaginary numbers) How many marks out of 8 would I get if any? Was I on the right lines or have I lost the plot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keres)
    I will if someone gets me the paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermanxxxxxx)
    Im the exact same, bye bye uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
    my firm wanted ABB, so im not too fussed with a B in maths but could've done better

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 20, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.