Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on
TSR looking different to you this week? Find out why here. 02-12-2016

(Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Aw well im always here if you want someone to talk to!!
    You did some of the exam! You will have aced what you did!

Damn it wont let me type below the spoiler: so ill do it here.
    Well im trying to be as positive as possible after my bad experience a month ago!
    Plus exclamtion points FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD Im glad you like it
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ah i see. Well i hope you can figure one out soon!
    I just get angry and punch stuff tbh. I wouldnt reccomend that!
    Im glad to hear that!
    Please let me know if i can be of assistance!
    Oh no what happened? (well I don't think I should be asking)
    Thank you.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    X

My brain just feels like it's full of cotton wool right now, I'm trying to work but I just can't concentrate and I keep getting things wrong and it's really annoying :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Oh no what happened? (well I don't think I should be asking)
    Thank you.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    X
    Well i cant say here, no no its fine! I dont mind!
    No worries
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ah i see, im happy to hear that youve stopped!
    I really hope you can find a coping method!

My thread I posted in the Mental Health forum didn't appear. I spent ages typing it as well. Is it there or do I need to write it all over again.

ReputationRep:
    My thread I posted in the Mental Health forum didn't appear. I spent ages typing it as well. Is it there or do I need to write it all over again.
    I'll give it a look now for you

ReputationRep:
    I feel so broken and I don't know what to do I hate myself so much.

I still feel like crap but my day went okay - good exam and got my new glasses today :lol:

(Original post by Deyesy)
    I'll give it a look now for you
    I got a message saying it had been approved but I'm being told it's an invalid attachment.

ReputationRep:
    I still feel like crap but my day went okay - good exam and got my new glasses today :lol:
    New glasses are the best. :cool:

:hugs:

(Original post by FireFreezer77)
    No worries!
    Ah well im sorry to hear that! How long before you can move out?
    I really wish things could improve for you!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Im certain that you dont deserve it!
    Is there anything else you can do to distract yourself?
    I dread to think what that is
    No worries!

Im always open if you want to chat! I wont be offended if you dont want to as you probably dont know me.
    A while
    Thank you me too lol
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Well i do cos im so fat and ugly and useless but thanks :/
    Well I like painting so that is quite theraputic

----------------
    It is so hard to hide everything, wish i could be honest with ppl but that is impossible and wish everyone would stop asking me stupid questions and being suspicious :/
    ~Anon 1

(Original post by Airmed)
    New glasses are the best. :cool:

Yes they are :ahee: I look more geeky than ever :woo: :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Yes they are :ahee: I look more geeky than ever :woo: :lol:

I think I look like a weirdo without glasses now. I also think glasses make my makeup look better when I occasionally wear makeup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Has anyone ever been referred to a psychologist? As you know I've been referred to a psychologist instead of another CBT therapist after everything that happened with the last therapist and I'm just unsure of what to expect when seeing a psychologist. Will I be likely to get more CBT/ERP therapy or will it be more of a talking based approach? I should have asked the GP this yesterday but my mind goes blank when I am in front of someone in authority like a doctor
    I confess to not entirely knowing the ins and outs of the differences but I think clinical psychologists have far more training and have had to conduct research and literature reviews as part of their clinical doctorate. I assume (though this is me guessing things) that they have more experience of working with people with severe/long-standing mental health issues. Whereas therapists train to a lesser extent? :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I look like a weirdo without glasses now. I also think glasses make my makeup look better when I occasionally wear makeup.

Lucky! I can't stand make up and I loom horrible without it anyway so its a lose lose situation :rofl: I look weird with glasses as I only started wearing them all the time a few weeks ago :/

ReputationRep:
    Lucky! I can't stand make up and I loom horrible without it anyway so its a lose lose situation :rofl: I look weird with glasses as I only started wearing them all the time a few weeks ago :/
    I had to wear glasses all the time about six months after I first got them and I thought I looked weird too but you get used to it. I think I look weird now without them. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Has anyone ever been referred to a psychologist? As you know I've been referred to a psychologist instead of another CBT therapist after everything that happened with the last therapist and I'm just unsure of what to expect when seeing a psychologist. Will I be likely to get more CBT/ERP therapy or will it be more of a talking based approach? I should have asked the GP this yesterday but my mind goes blank when I am in front of someone in authority like a doctor
    I had a psychologist for my schizoaffective disorder and she was lovely. In the end we just didn't really gel and she didn't help me look at the things in my past which I would have found helpful so in the end I stopped seeing her. We didn't do CBT or anything it was more like looking at things I had trouble with that week.

I had to wear glasses all the time about six months after I first got them and I thought I looked weird too but you get used to it. I think I look weird now without them. :laugh:
    I'm beginning to get used to them now - apparently I look a lot more smarter now :smug: :ahee: When did you first get them?

ReputationRep:
    I'm beginning to get used to them now - apparently I look a lot more smarter now :smug: :ahee: When did you first get them?
    Smart people wear glasses. 3 years ago, end of my GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    Really been struggling today mainly with BDD and panic attacks which sucks as yesterday I had a great day both in terms of fun and also with minimal symptoms from everything but today its all came back full force

Just want to chill out or sleep but my brain feels like it's going 100mph.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Smart people wear glasses.
    Absolutely.

I'm the only person in my summer class of 24 that wears proper glasses. One girl wears these huge black ones but only for fashion's sake. :/ I don't know how many have contacts but it seems to be a lot more common for people here to wear contacts over glasses. Personally I hate contacts. :yucky:

I have reactions lenses which are great - I don't need to bring a separate pair of sun glasses with me. :cool:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.