Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Planning on submitting about four (which I've got in draft) by September after I finish this internship. Then will go through the rest as quickly as possible.
    i mean for the numerical things

ReputationRep:
    people's thoughts on including a leadership experience in the work experience section on application forms?

e.g. being a treasurer of your finance/investment society.

imo it is still essentially working as I'm managing budgets, raising funding, negotiating sponsorship deals etc.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sky-blue)
    people's thoughts on including a leadership experience in the work experience section on application forms?

imo it is still essentially working as I'm managing budgets, raising funding, negotiating sponsorship deals etc.....
    perfectly sensible, just call it 'work and leadership experience'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sky-blue)

I usually do it, if the form reasonably allows me to. In the sense that if I have to choose my employer from a drop down list, I won't select other and then put down the society. But if it's fairly laxed I will include it. Especially, if they don't ask for a cover letter, and their questions don't cover that sort of stuff, or any situation in which I don't have a chance to mention any leadership/memberships positions.

ReputationRep:
    For those couple of guys interested...

So DB replied to my email. You have to be a penultimate year student to apply. That is confirmed.

I told the Lehman brothers 2.0 to go update their website so it says that clearly on the application form.

ReputationRep:
    what banks don't ask for online tests?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths degree)
    what banks don't ask for online tests?
    GS/JPM/Barc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    GS/JPM/Barc

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! and barc isn't open yet, any idea when it usually opens ?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. Have any of you applied for greenhill ? when I submit my cv and cl i receive the automatic response that they only accept cv/cl in pdf and word format whilst my cv was in pdf...Have any of you encountered the same problem ?

ReputationRep:
    No idea

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalambay)
    Hi guys. Have any of you applied for greenhill ? when I submit my cv and cl i receive the automatic response that they only accept cv/cl in pdf and word format whilst my cv was in pdf...Have any of you encountered the same problem ?
    That's odd, mine worked fine - try converting it again I guess

ReputationRep:
    Ahh that's annoying! Cheers for finding out for sure. Are you gonna apply to off cycle then (is there any)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sreddy17)
    Ahh that's annoying! Cheers for finding out for sure. Are you gonna apply to off cycle then (is there any)?
    Off cycle is penultimate as well. I asked. GS + JPM have off cycles. I'm going to wait for other banks to open.

ReputationRep:
    Most banks open 1st September.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalambay)
    Could you link me the internship application page ? since every time i go onto it through their website nothing loads

ReputationRep:
    Could you link me the internship application page ? since every time i go onto it through their website nothing loads
    https://greenhill.freshminds.co.uk/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how long the rejection come after you did the DB test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexjones1994)
    For those couple of guys interested...

So DB replied to my email. You have to be a penultimate year student to apply. That is confirmed.

I told the Lehman brothers 2.0 to go update their website so it says that clearly on the application form.
    Screw DB then. No wonder they are in the gutter when they are too lazy to consider a full pool of applicants.

ReputationRep:
    love how we are all dissing DB yet would give up one kidney to get on their grad scheme haha

ReputationRep:
    Makes no sense to me. Both start in 2018... why does it matter if you are penultimate or final year. Are they trying to encourage final years with no experience to go for gradschemes instead? Don't understand :L.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.