Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by molly123x)
    what does this mean??
    Jet fuel can't melt steel beams

ReputationRep:
    what time did you post the biology marks scheme

ReputationRep:
    What was the answer for how to produce GM mosquitos?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlie2k)
    I reckon A* - 48, A - 39, B - 30, C - 21
    Thanks, i'm a little bit more confidant now haha.

ReputationRep:
    what time did u post the b1 marks scheme

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=katiewarriorx;64892411]What did everyone get in the last question? About the pollution indicator?[/QUOT
    I wrote linches

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cirsium)
    Water not actually mentioned on the spec so hard to say. I wouldn't give you credit for it, but I'm a harsh marker
    Zac water is mentioned on the spec because we need it for everyday body functioning. Also, More than 85 % of our body is made up of water and we need water so we can have a healthy body.
    Btw who wants c1 reveision notes

ReputationRep:
    Thats what I put and I sed they calculate the water pollution

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mollywatson)
    What was the answer for how to produce GM mosquitos?
    Gonna be something like:
    * Isolate the gene from the bacteria
    * Cut it out using an enzyme
    * Splice (<-- no way you need this word but I've got my genetics brain on not my biology teacher brain and can't think of a GCSE word) the gene into the DNA of the mosquito

Basically, take it out and put it back in with an extra mark for mentioning enzymes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lut0)
    Loooooool I put CNS for organ in the spinal cord question...wow

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't worry I put muscle hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cirsium)
    Then you've multiplied it by 100 twice...
    2 / 3 is 66.7%
    So 2 x 10^6 / 3 x 10^6 is 66.7%
    And the question was 2 x 10^6 over 3 x 10^EIGHT - so it must be 100 times smaller.
    Omg.... I've just realised what I've done. I though what I had written was right, I completely ignored the existence of the recurring sign on top of the 6...Well that's 1 mark down the drain- atleast I showed working :/

ReputationRep:
    What was the answer to the last question??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skywarrior657)
    Zac water is mentioned on the spec because we need it for everyday body functioning. Also, More than 85 % of our body is made up of water and we need water so we can have a healthy body.
    Btw who wants c1 reveision notes
    Not in the diet bit of B1. I know you need it, and they'll almost certainly give you credit for it (in the same way that they give you credit in B1 for ideas from B2/B3 like the full version of homeostasis) but they shouldn't give you AO1 recall questions on it because it's not actually required knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    I said fish for that indicator question. I had such a bad teacher i had to teach myself the whole course. At least for my last three lessons before the exam we had a good teacher that tried his best to cover the whole course for us.

ReputationRep:
    what time did you post the marks scheme

ReputationRep:
    according to that mark scheme ... i would get 51 marks ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lgaffneg)
    What was the answer to the last question??
    Indicator species needs to be some kind of invertebrate (could name one like mayfly larvae) and the environmental factor is likely to be amount of dissolved oxygen (you can't just say pollution levels because that is given in the stem of the question), and then your other method of measuring it will be something like using a sort of probe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EBRETTLE)
    Ha ha might start revising history for my chemistry exam on Thursday God knows what will come up on there
    To be on the safe side, maybe study how Candy's dog's death foreshadows Lennie's death in Of Mice And Men because that has everything to do with Chemistry :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rim_Taidan)
    according to that mark scheme ... i would get 51 marks ...
    And you're sad????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiewarriorx)
    What did everyone get in the last question? About the pollution indicator?
    I talked about greenery eg trees as a guess :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.