Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    To help some of you,
    I thought I would get 4A*s and 3As and 2Bs on top of my 2A*S I already got.

The marking is far more lenient than you think.
    To put it this way, I got 11A*s and I never thought it was possible.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExoIceCream99)
    Because me and the other person also want to be lawyers
    And he mentioned it prior to posting his opinion. Doesn't said to be said every time you post.

What made you want to go into law?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nwmyname)
    To help some of you,
    I thought I would get 4A*s and 3As and 2Bs on top of my 2A*S I already got.

The marking is far more lenient than you think.
    To put it this way, I got 11A*s and I never thought it was possible.

Good luck!
    Wow congrats! Are these your iGCSE grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Banking is very competitive it isn't really a fall back option unless its like middle office or back office (less pay, better offers)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francis_e_c)
    Back ups? I know nothing about those fields, but aren't they just as competitive? I mean politics maybe not as much, I'm not sure, but Goldman Sachs is a HUGE company.
    My brother is a trader at Merill Lynch BoA, he's essentially stated that in the banking world it's not what you know, it's who you know. By backup I mean if I decide to do another degree in a year's time, which is highly unlikely but nothing is set in stone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahil19)
    True but they have to give some places to the BTEC kids, as an aspiring lawyer I think someone with ABB in respectable subjects is more qualified than a distinction in a BTEC..
    Ah, I see.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    And he mentioned it prior to posting his opinion. Doesn't said to be said every time you post.

What made you want to go into law?
    My step mum wanted to do it but had kids too early.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeptDz)
    Banking is very competitive it isn't really a fall back option unless its like middle office or back office (less pay, better offers)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    By back up I mean a back up degree not a back up job after a law degree aha
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Early twenties. But she is now at 37 going to get into law as they want experienced women now

ReputationRep:
    My step mum wanted to do it but had kids too early.
    You want to do law because your mum wanted to? I mean, that's fine - but I'm pretty sure saying that at an interview would be suicide lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahil19)
    My brother is a trader at Merill Lynch BoA, he's essentially stated that in the banking world it's not what you know, it's who you know. By backup I mean if I decide to do another degree in a year's time, which is highly unlikely but nothing is set in stone.
    Ah, I see. I'm with you on that though; I wanted to be a doctor for over a year, and then changed my mind very quickly. Nothing is ever set in stone.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    You want to do law because your mum wanted to? I mean, that's fine - but I'm pretty sure saying that at an interview would be suicide lol
    I wouldn't say that at an interview I'm not dumb 😂😂😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by extraordinaire)
    Wow congrats! Are these your iGCSE grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No No my full GCSEs.
    I didn't do IGCSEs.
    I only use it to give assured hope to others, not as a bragging right.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say that at an interview I'm not dumb 😂😂😂
    I still don't get it. So you don't want to do law? Is there pressure for you to do so? - if so, don't do it. Seriously.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I still don't get it. So you don't want to do law? Is there pressure for you to do so? - if so, don't do it. Seriously.
    No it's not the only reason but the reason I started thinking about law was because my step mum was telling me about it so I looked into it.

I also loved Phoenix Wright I mean technically it's my dad's last name so it's my family name...

I also love CSI but i hate dissections in biology and ironically biology is my best science. So I can't do that but I can work with criminals and cases as much as they do.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    At an interview id make up some ******** like I've always wanted to help society in something I'm good at or I was inspired by lawyers and ****.

ReputationRep:
    No it's not the only reason but the reason I started thinking about law was because my step mum was telling me about it so I looked into it.

I also loved Phoenix Wright I mean technically it's my dad's last name so it's my family name...

I also love CSI but i hate dissections in biology and ironically biology is my best science. So I can't do that but I can work with criminals and cases as much as they do.
    OH. That makes more sense. Wait, why can't you do it? If you're more passionate about it? I don't watch CSI but I assume you're referring to forensic science or a detective/policeman/woman? Does it involve a lot of dissection?

I LOVE biology!

ReputationRep:
    At an interview id make up some ******** like I've always wanted to help society in something I'm good at or I was inspired by lawyers and ****.
    I'd probably talk about why I want to study law as an academic subject, whilst trying to avoid cliched thoughts ("Law is all around us" etc).
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    OH. That makes more sense. Wait, why can't you do it? If you're more passionate about it? I don't watch CSI but I assume you're referring to forensic science or a detective/policeman/woman? Does it involve a lot of dissection?

I LOVE biology!
    Same but I'm not taking it for A level, I'd need it if I wanted to do forensics even in a basic uni
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I'd probably talk about why I want to study law as an academic subject, whilst trying to avoid cliched thoughts ("Law is all around us" etc).
    There is ******** that I'm making up and then there's cliches. I'm imaganative.

Also for forensics I'll need a good grade in Chemistry and I suck at chemistry

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.