Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.10%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.57%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.33%

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else excited they've announced Battle and Trade features recently?
    I know it was shown in the trailer (well, I know trading was anyway...) but, battles I didn't quite expect because I didn't think Smartphones would be capable of it. =l

I wonder if Iphone and Android software is cross compatible for trading and battling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Anyone else excited they've announced Battle and Trade features recently?
    I know it was shown in the trailer (well, I know trading was anyway...) but, battles I didn't quite expect because I didn't think Smartphones would be capable of it. =l

I wonder if Iphone and Android software is cross compatible for trading and battling?
    Not hugely.... I can't see how it can be anything more than each player frantically tapping away on their screen :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Just found this series of video which exaggerate mediocre Pokemon. There are 16, I encourage people to watch the whole playlist lol, I just have.

I put the Magikarp one in this post because it's a pretty mediocre Pokemon, well so we thought.

Warning contains swearing.

(Original post by SoggyCabbages)
    Just found this series of video which exaggerate mediocre Pokemon. There are 16, I encourage people to watch the whole playlist lol, I just have.

I put the Magikarp one in this post because it's a pretty mediocre Pokemon, well so we thought.

Warning contains swearing.

That video actually made me lol in real life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    That video actually made me lol in real life.
    This one made me cry inside because I hate Raticate.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, when you place a pokemon in a gym and if your gym is beaten, what happens to your pokemon you placed in there?

Does it automatically appear in your storage again or do you have to go retrieve it?
    Or do you lose it forever?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Guys, when you place a pokemon in a gym and if your gym is beaten, what happens to your pokemon you placed in there?

Does it automatically appear in your storage again or do you have to go retrieve it?
    Or do you lose it forever?!
    Appears back in your bag with 1hp

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screenshot_20160727-111150.png
Views: 159
Size:  185.6 KB

Do you think I have enough yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)

Evolve them into Pigeotto (and/or Pigeot if you like) 😄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)

I had 4 pages of ratatta D:

(Original post by Juno)

(Original post by DarkMagic)
    Evolve them into Pigeotto (and/or Pigeot if you like) 😄
    Personally, I would be against evolving until having higher level of your character. If you take a closer look, the CP of a pokemon is different with each level which means it is pointless to evolve at early stage of the game since you will eventually catch better unevolved ones later in the game. But it is up to you whether you want to play the game competitively or just enjoy the gameplay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)

Catch 1 more pidgey and they you should have 13x3 candies = 39 + trading in 9 which gets you to 48 pidgey candies. You can then evolve 4 pidgey (require 12 candy each to evolve) and there's 2000xp (500x4) for you

At least I think that's how it works..

ReputationRep:
    Should I invest more dust into a single pokemon or should I focus on getting multiple up in CP? I cant decide which would be better :/

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1469622694.093983.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  91.0 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Impressive)
    Personally, I would be against evolving until having higher level of your character. If you take a closer look, the CP of a pokemon is different with each level which means it is pointless to evolve at early stage of the game since you will eventually catch better unevolved ones later in the game. But it is up to you whether you want to play the game competitively or just enjoy the gameplay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    * I agree mostly but not when it comes to Pidgeys. There is no point holding onto Pidgey candies if you can catch at least 10 of them every day. I would assume the trainer of these Pidgeys is a low level, so the XP will be more useful to them as they'll level up faster. I wouldn't use Stardust to power them up yet though.

Personal preference though, like you say.

ReputationRep:
    When there are leaves blowing about should that mean there is a pokemon there? Ive been walking around and there are plenty showing up, I just cant find them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Catch 1 more pidgey and they you should have 13x3 candies = 39 + trading in 9 which gets you to 48 pidgey candies. You can then evolve 4 pidgey (require 12 candy each to evolve) and there's 2000xp (500x4) for you

At least I think that's how it works..
    Well, I could...

Or I could just have an army of Pidgeys!
    I would assume the trainer of these Pidgeys is a low level
    No, I don't train them. I've not figured out how to do that yet.

ReputationRep:
    * I agree mostly but not when it comes to Pidgeys. There is no point holding onto Pidgey candies if you can catch at least 10 of them every day. I would assume the trainer of these Pidgeys is a low level, so the XP will be more useful to them as they'll level up faster. I wouldn't use Stardust to power them up yet though.

Personal preference though, like you say.
    You should still horde it so you have like 100 pidgeys to evolve all at once with a lucky egg, same with ratata

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How do you get the eggs? I walk at least 10km a day during the work week so I could hatch loads of them and charge my phone in between walks when I'm in the office.

Started playing properly last night, so far I've got: 2 Squirtles, Nidoran(m), Zubat, Drowsee, Eevee, Weedle, Shellder, Nidoran(f), Paras, Meowth, Rattatta, Spearow, Goldeen, Caterpie, Pidgey, Venonat and Seaking

I've transferred all my duplicates for candy and then used power up from it. Apart from Squirtle, I want to keep two of those because they're cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    How do you get the eggs? I walk at least 10km a day during the work week so I could hatch loads of them and charge my phone in between walks when I'm in the office.

Started playing properly last night, so far I've got: 2 Squirtles, Nidoran(m), Zubat, Drowsee, Eevee, Weedle, Shellder, Nidoran(f), Paras, Meowth, Rattatta, Spearow, Goldeen, Caterpie, Pidgey, Venonat and Seaking

I've transferred all my duplicates for candy and then used power up from it. Apart from Squirtle, I want to keep two of those because they're cool
    You sometimes get eggs from pokestops so just use more of those. The strategy is to hoard Pokemon and candies until you get a free lucky egg then mass evolve as many Pokemon as you can and transfer the duplicates.

Powering up is useless until you're like level 20 because you catch higher cp Pokemon as you level up. So you may power up one to 200cp and then catch the same one with 300

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pandaseattoast)
    When there are leaves blowing about should that mean there is a pokemon there? Ive been walking around and there are plenty showing up, I just cant find them.
    Leaves mean nothing as far as general consensus goes - the footprints are supposed to be the guide for finding pokemon nearby (but are bugged at present)

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.