Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ggap)
    looks like its gonna b monday or 5 o'oclock.

Im a post-alevel applicant, so i can afford to play the waiting game. What i dont understand is how all u guys with exams in january and three A's to acheive, can spend so much time on TSR. lol
    What's the point getting the offer from LSE if u dont get the grades because u spent all ur time waiting for an offer:confused:

Thats just a query, please dont neg rep me
    as far as I am concerned my academic results are still fine...
    archiving 3A's shouldn't be hard:o:

ReputationRep:
    Because proper studying doesn't happen before the hours of 7pm :P the day is for living, not for being buried in books, plus I like to procrastinate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajp100688)
    Because proper studying doesn't happen before the hours of 7pm :P the day is for living, not for being buried in booksm plus I like to procrastinate!
    Hear hear!

ReputationRep:
    I never find myself working that hard. After 10 mins of work, i spend 20 mins chatting or going on TSR!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ggap)
    looks like its gonna b monday or 5 o'oclock.

Im a post-alevel applicant, so i can afford to play the waiting game. What i dont understand is how all u guys with exams in january and three A's to acheive, can spend so much time on TSR. lol
    What's the point getting the offer from LSE if u dont get the grades because u spent all ur time waiting for an offer:confused:

Thats just a query, please dont neg rep me
    Because we can resit them in May/June.

ReputationRep:
    lol. fair play, fair play. To be honest, i was no stranger to a few bouts of procrastination now and again. But please dont count on resits. Its not a good feeling when u go into the june exams knowing that u will not get another chance to resit.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Jibzy)
    im looking to transfer as well. but iim not sure if i can do so in my first year.
    Hey. Was just wondering, I know you had Nottingham as your Firm and in the end got into Exeter as your Insurance, but how come you want to transfer now? Is there something seriously wrong with Exeter, or is it simply a case of wanting a better university for IB?

ReputationRep:
    Could you put me on the list for Government&Economics, Abitur
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)
    Hey. Was just wondering, I know you had Nottingham as your Firm and in the end got into Exeter as your Insurance, but how come you want to transfer now? Is there something seriously wrong with Exeter, or is it simply a case of wanting a better university for IB?
    hey.
    different reasons really. Exeter really isnt where i feel totally comfortable in (not that its unbearable, but.....)
    in addition, the employment prospects at exeter isnt that great to be honest, even in comparison to Nottingham (even. though exeter is above Nottz in the league tables). Exeter isnt even on the map with regards to IB's. even uni's like reading are better represented in the investment banking industry than exeter. this is worrying.

ReputationRep:
    I base most of my claims on here from what happened last year, but its been right so far...As happy as I am that there have been no rejections. Nobody posted rejections on here before 5.pm last year, and then there were like 8!!!! This makes me sad..., for a second, i thought it was over!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ggap)
    to be honest I think it's quite natural for all of us visiting this page and checking and talking to others that applied to the same uni.
    also I agree with everyone else... who on earth is studying all spare time for a levels?! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amar09)
    I base most of my claims on here from what happened last year, but its been right so far...As happy as I am that there have been no rejections. Nobody posted rejections on here before 5.pm last year, and then there were like 8!!!! This makes me sad..., for a second, i thought it was over!
    what u mean by that?
    the coming 5pm might have tons of rejections?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tribalium)
    what u mean by that?
    the coming 5pm might have tons of rejections?
    Yep, its a definite possibility.
    On This page everyone is giving up on offers/rejection for the day, and then a few minutes later, This happens!

ReputationRep:
    Yep, its a definite possibility.
    On This page everyone is giving up on offers/rejection for the day, and then a few minutes later, This happens!
    it is exactly the situation we are facing
    either today or monday

ReputationRep:
    the tension is great. u could cut the air with a knife. fantastic. Its looks like today is D-day. Im more excited than nervous, the biuld up is better than the actual result.
    You've got to love TSR!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ggap)
    the tension is great. u could cut the air with a knife. fantastic. Its looks like today is D-day. Im more excited than nervous, the biuld up is better than the actual result.
    You've got to love TSR!
    Are you kidding! i'm nervous and not at ALL nervous. Today/Monday is rejection day, NOTHING GOOD can come from today!

ReputationRep:
    But this is exactly what everyone here thought last Friday and Monday, isn't it? What would make today more cement?

ReputationRep:
    Plenty good can come, if we survive today without rejection, then we're a step closer to an offer! If we get rejected then we can act like we never cared and that LSE is full of snobs anyways and we never wanted to go there :P

ReputationRep:
    Its a bit worrying to look back at last years thread and see a few people getting their offers in March/April.

I don't think I can do this every Friday until then, I will be a broken man.

ReputationRep:
    Are you kidding! i'm nervous and not at ALL nervous. Today/Monday is rejection day, NOTHING GOOD can come from today!
    Do you mean that there's absolutely no chance of giving out offers today?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 24, 2009
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.