Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by graemematt)
    You'll be fine...everyone is with finals Well, the vast majority are. Think about it...the MRCP and other entrance exams have a pass rate of about 30%, whereas approximately 98% of people pass finals! It's stressful I know, but just keep on seeing patients and doing some light reading. I personally think it's too late now to write notes, so don't try furiously scribbling down every piece of information about galactosaemia or whichever bizarre disorder you think you don't know enough about. Review the basics and you'll be laughing
    Yeah, I honestly feel with a month to finals that if you don't know how to examine a patient or know how to spot a STEMI you are in deep ****.

My revision is consisting of reading the medical bits of OHCM, surgical talk and plenty of time learning the OSCE 'scripts'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by graemematt)
    You'll be fine...everyone is with finals Well, the vast majority are. Think about it...the MRCP and other entrance exams have a pass rate of about 30%, whereas approximately 98% of people pass finals! It's stressful I know, but just keep on seeing patients and doing some light reading. I personally think it's too late now to write notes, so don't try furiously scribbling down every piece of information about galactosaemia or whichever bizarre disorder you think you don't know enough about. Review the basics and you'll be laughing
    70% fail the mrcp? **** me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    I've heard it said that the difference between undergrad and postgrad exams is that at undergrad, when you walk into the room you've passed, and you have to prove to the examiner why they should fail you. At postgrad, when you walk in you've failed, and you have to prove why they should pass you.

ReputationRep:
    Remember all that basic science we were told we would never know as it was 'not clinically relevant'....? #bitesyourass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    I've heard it said that the difference between undergrad and postgrad exams is that at undergrad, when you walk into the room you've passed, and you have to prove to the examiner why they should fail you. At postgrad, when you walk in you've failed, and you have to prove why they should pass you.
    Nice! I like that.

Edit: Just seen possibly the noobiest thread revival ever-6 years. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4#post36541334

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    Nice! I like that.

Edit: Just seen possibly the noobiest thread revival ever-6 years. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4#post36541334
    Haha! I repped the poster for this. Anyone who genuinely cares about someone else's GCSE homework from 6 years ago has to receive merit for his/her achievements

I really hope the person replies with "thank GOD you finally posted, I've been stuck for 6 years!!!!" ...

ReputationRep:
    Why am I still in the ****ing lab?

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, because I need to pick virgin flies and do heat-shocks at ridiculous hours. It's a shame my supervisor always leaves after lunch. She must think I'm a right wasteman turning up at 10am. If only she saw me work this late.

ReputationRep:
    I ran 16 miles yesterday

Today. Pain.

Why am I putting myself through this? :bawling:

Oh wait, MedicineMan this is your fault

(Original post by MedicineMan)
    x

In other news, found £10 on the ground today

It has been added to my fundraising total

ReputationRep:
    General opinions on outfirms vs infirms @ London?
    Outfirms tend to give better teaching, more involvement and more social.

ReputationRep:
    MRCP isn't even the hardest...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    MRCP isn't even the hardest...
    Isn't the Gas exam the hardest?

ReputationRep:
    Talking about the RCP, they had an EGM today, looks like the physicians are finally mobilising...http://abetternhs.wordpress.com/2012/02/27/rcp/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    Remember all that basic science we were told we would never know as it was 'not clinically relevant'....? #bitesyourass
    Uh oh. Thanks for the warning! :eek:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    Don't even get me started.
    They do have it in the library but you have to go in and photocopy it. Please rant, it would make me laugh in reminiscince

On an entirely different topic, will I get raged at by infection control if technically I'm not allowed a tie but if I wear a tie clip? I saw these "invisible" ones that connect through two buttons and the tie label. I much prefer wearing a tie than open collar and the complete lack of evidence to support the "infection control" claims are making me rage. At least if I get rid of the "dangling around" argument then I should be pretty safe, right? I looked in our trusts dress code but couldn't find anything concrete.
    We got told that if we wore a tie we had to tuck it in halfway down the shirt :dontknow:

(Original post by Beska)
    I love whoever writes our casebooks.
    Wait til the one with hunt the beatles songs in it

(Original post by fairy spangles)
    Was in hospital few weeks ago and the dr kept telling me he was putting salty water through the cannula. My cover was blown a few minutes later.
    By you or someone else?

(Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    tl;dr - How do I break out of the student rut? I miss the real world. As much as I love medicine, my friends and being a student, I seriously need other time. I think I might take up some volunteering role again. (But if I come into contact with a medical applicant who insists on talking to me about medicine I will probably just go ahead and chop my balls off)
    Pick something that you want to do. Join a society that provides it that is in the community. The end.

ReputationRep:
    Not really a fan of sialic acid or atherosclerosis right now...

Will.. finish.. this.. assignment.

ReputationRep:
    Report on psycho-social health needs of older people?

I think I'd rather die.

ReputationRep:
    My OSCE was an apocalypse from hell that destroyed my sense of self.

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait for another **** day in the lab tomorrow(!) :hoppy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    I ran 16 miles yesterday

Today. Pain.

Why am I putting myself through this? :bawling:

Oh wait, MedicineMan this is your fault

In other news, found £10 on the ground today

It has been added to my fundraising total
    You'll thank me WHEN you cross that finish line. Best. Feeling. Ever.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.