Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Really craving a massive pizza for comfort eating purposes... Unfortunately I think the takeaway may be shut :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zurvan)
    Just before 6PM my first choice university sent an email titled "Congratulations on your success" saying we're looking forward to you joining us blah blah etc - followed by info about scholarships. Then an email several hours later apologizing saying that it due to human error the email was sent prematurely.

Does this mean the congratulations was valid or an error? I swear they're just teasing me to **** with my head.
    It depends whether or not the email went viral to all applicants or not. Though I do doubt this so you may have an unconditional offer and they are covering their backs as they are not supposed to release this information. I cannot say for certain it's 50/50.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemon_triangle)
    Really craving a massive pizza for comfort eating purposes... Unfortunately I think the takeaway may be shut :/
    A cup of coffee ?

ReputationRep:
    Just eat is your friend!!

Really wanna stay til this baby gets to 500 pages and join everyone at 6am to be there with moral support!
    However I may be sleeping before that 500th page comes!

ReputationRep:
    I prepared myself with a full 12 krispy doughnut box...
    It's not helping and I am already on my third one!

ReputationRep:
    Been trying to get to sleep for the past 3 hours but I don't think I will be getting any sleep tonight.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zurvan)
    Just before 6PM my first choice university sent an email titled "Congratulations on your success" saying we're looking forward to you joining us blah blah etc - followed by info about scholarships. Then an email several hours later apologizing saying that it due to human error the email was sent prematurely.

Does this mean the congratulations was valid or an error? I swear they're just teasing me to **** with my head.
    You night as well open the champagne! Congrats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infamous12)
    Been trying to get to sleep for the past 3 hours but I don't think I will be getting any sleep tonight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    me too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have never been so nervous in my life. People just wouldn't understand this feeling unless they've been through it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iCiaran)
    3 years for now, might try and switch up later
    Are you going to do an intercalated year
    I think I'll do a year abroad

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)
    A cup of coffee ?
    Im in bed "trying" to go to sleep, this wasn't a very well thought out plan xD

ReputationRep:
    I don't feel that nervous this year. I was more nervous with my AS levels... I'm not sure if this is a bad sign for me or not I don't particularly feel confident at all, somewhat indifferent. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Longest. Night. Of. My. Life.

ReputationRep:
    watching breakfast club. it's ok..
    just found out I need 95% for edexcel 6fa03 and 6fa04. argh.

ReputationRep:
    First results day I genuinely couldnt sleep in. Most other days I fall asleep after 1-2 hours in bed :/

ReputationRep:
    My firm is Newcastle, insurance Loughborough (for Sociology). I keep having waves of massive stress thinking I'll be in clearing/not be accepted anywhere in clearing, but then moments of 'maybe it won't be so bad and I'll be accepted'. I just want to know!! This waiting is awwwwfuulllll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pomponz)
    I prepared myself with a full 12 krispy doughnut box...
    It's not helping and I am already on my third one!
    Have no shame, when else are 3 Krispy Kremes going to be justified?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninjabutterfly)
    I don't feel that nervous this year. I was more nervous with my AS levels... I'm not sure if this is a bad sign for me or not I don't particularly feel confident at all, somewhat indifferent. :dontknow:
    I'm feeling really nervous and terrified and I'm only getting my AS results. Do you mind me asking what you got for your AS subjects?

ReputationRep:
    Literally can not sleep. So annoying. Watching Gavin & Stacey in an attempt to find solace and drop off.

ReputationRep:
    Short fuse. Going to explode any moment.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.