Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Only Gustavo comes to mind. He does a job at CDM and can act as a 4th CB
    Gustavo ain't going to leave Wolfsburg as of yet. They're aiming to get into the CL and have money to keep him.

You could probably get a ballwinning DM and play him at CB anyway. That's what blackburn did with Phil Jones if they're a lumbering tower with strength to boot and good defensive ability they'd be decent enough as a 4th CB.

But you need another CB anyway, since Vermaelen will probably leave this or the next summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    :lol: (Pm's)

Ok ok ok. I get it, its just the annual rumours anyway, then there's that whole Khedira business too which probs won't happen.
    What's bender's valuation?
    Was like 20 something million. Remember Zurich saying that he was about that price.

Khedira is a weird guy to have as a DM for Arsenal, think you need a guy who can dictate the tempo with his passing as well as be defensively solid, Khedira won't fit that and I think Wenger knows that.

ReputationRep:
    Alexis Sanchez is pretty much the personification of an Arsene Wenger player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Was like 20 something million. Remember Zurich saying that he was about that price.

Khedira is a weird guy to have as a DM for Arsenal, think you need a guy who can dictate the tempo with his passing as well as be defensively solid, Khedira won't fit that and I think Wenger knows that.
    Khedira imo, is not so good a player. He'd be a weak link in any team imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Agree that they do mention they would like a new ST. They then proceeded to imply that they would be okay without one if needs be must. Also it clearly not speculating how to fit in new signings considering Khedira/Schneiderlin are being thrown in there for good measure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes they did, it's called realism. Like I've said, there option are limited and likely scenario is that at best we sign an equivalent to giroud. Number 1 option in everyone's book is that a new striker is signed hence why they all say it first and proceed to look solution if one isn't signed because I repeat realistically there's a good chance one won't be signed due to lack of option.

That contradicts what you're saying which is that all of a sudden no1 wants a ST now Sanchez is here as they see him as sufficient which is you making conclusions to fit your agenda. No one has said out right that one isn't needed anymore. If so, they wouldn't mention wanting a new striker in their post. If they all genuinely thought so, why did they mention it first? And only mention possibility of Sanchez there second? Isn't that a form of settling?

What would you have them do, go on bacon rant? Accuse wenger of not showing ambition for not bidding for Suarez? Chastise Ivan fir not outbidding Chelsea for Costa?

The reason why those names were mentioned is because at the time they posted, reports of them joining was strong. It's atypical of what goes on here in every thread. Stop trying to be obtuse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can't see Bender coming, after we've been rejected x many times. Especially after they have just let Emre Can go.
    Schneiderlin could come although may be difficult as Southampton are getting torn apart and they wouldn't want him to leave as well. May place a high price tag and knowing Arsene he probably won't stick around.
    Khedira I'm not sure about. Shouldn't be a big loss for RM, as they've done well this season, crowned champions of Europe without him. So I think they will be willing to listen to offers. Although the one I'd least like to come.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Has one seen that picture of Arteta working out in the gym on Twitter? He looks Hench.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    linkkkk brahhhhhh, my man mikel.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Khedira is quite slow come to think of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    linkkkk brahhhhhh, my man mikel.
    https://twitter.com/m8arteta/status/476797349319438336

ReputationRep:
    Seems like the kit have been leaked.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    might body a couple of people on the pitch in that destroyer role.

lol jk we still need a new CDM.

ReputationRep:
    The girls in Florence are calling. Ciao.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Where's Peggles? I know a few weeks ago she wasn't happy.

I told you Wenger would come through :cool:.
    Still here! Just preoccupying myself with non Arsenal related bull****!

Signing Sanchez and Debuchy doesn't change the fact that we still need 2 CBs, a DM, GK and ST. Like I previously said, I want to be proved wrong with our summer activity. This is a good start, but I'm not blinded enough by AW to think that those two would make a a great summer. However, some are! :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)

Signing Sanchez and Debuchy doesn't change the fact that we still need 2 CBs, a DM, GK and ST. Like I previously said, I want to be proved wrong with our summer activity. This is a good start, but I'm not blinded enough by AW to think that those two would make a a great summer. However, some are! :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You are not easily pleased

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Yes they did, it's called realism. Like I've said, there option are limited and likely scenario is that at best we sign an equivalent to giroud. Number 1 option in everyone's book is that a new striker is signed hence why they all say it first and proceed to look solution if one isn't signed because I repeat realistically there's a good chance one won't be signed due to lack of option.

That contradicts what you're saying which is that all of a sudden no1 wants a ST now Sanchez is here as they see him as sufficient which is you making conclusions to fit your agenda. No one has said out right that one isn't needed anymore. If so, they wouldn't mention wanting a new striker in their post. If they all genuinely thought so, why did they mention it first? And only mention possibility of Sanchez there second? Isn't that a form of settling?

What would you have them do, go on bacon rant? Accuse wenger of not showing ambition for not bidding for Suarez? Chastise Ivan fir not outbidding Chelsea for Costa?

The reason why those names were mentioned is because at the time they posted, reports of them joining was strong. It's atypical of what goes on here in every thread. Stop trying to be obtuse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well considering the main thing you needed last year (or at least should've been main priority) was a striker so I don't see how it's realism. It just seems to be an superiority complex tbh, then you'll turn around at 'oil clubs' and lambast them for spending millions on players. The lack of options is just bull tbh, because there's plenty of strikers out there to sign but your just too cheap to move and you know it. Mandzukic is out there, why not bid? Why didn't you move for Aubameyang last summer?

Not really a contradiction considering most posters proceeded to talk about how strong the team was, how it could challenge and how scary it is for the opposition to look at on paper. This is suggesting that the team is good enough to challenge, no? Why are fans settling at the start of July for not buying a player who is desperately needed? It's bull and you know it. There weren't many CM's around last year but united fans didn't "settle" for Carrick and Cleverley because we're a winning club.

If I was an Arsenal fan yes I would be thinking what's going on. Bacon is right in that sense- why didn't you sign Suarez last season? Inb4 release Claus was met and scum still refused to sell. Chuck another £10 million, you would've won the league. Costa was fairly unrealistic anyway, Suarez wasn't. Your just butthurt you didn't get him and you know it.

Not really reports with Suarez considering a bid was made official so you can't even make that excuse. How am I being obtuse? It simply comes down to a condition of the mind that Wenger has over the WKB fans who Gazidis and his henchmen have pulled the wool over their eyes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha but I get you though, true it is not enough but still a good start though. This time last year I don't think we had even signed anyone. But steadily I hope Wenger will build on this.

ReputationRep:
    “What will happen to Luis Suarez, will he go? Is he angling for a move? Even just yesterday I heard things from people, newspaper guys who are very close to the ground at Liverpool, saying that the Sanchez deal was actually done” Phil Thomson you tool

ReputationRep:
    Its officially a done deal. Sanchez is an Arsenal player. RAC1 reporting its complete. Will be announced today or tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Arsene on TF1 duty gonna quash some rumours; "Alexis? No no no, some things you hear in media just not true you know, sometimes it is true but not in this case no."

These last 10 pages would be yammed up before the national anthems are done.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love if we signed caulker

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.