Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    just everything is stupid and blah. mood is rubbish, motivation non existent, so unstable and generally seriously unhappy.
    how are you doing?
    Ergh that sounds ****. :console: I might be remembering wrong (in fact I probably am) but did you talk to the samaritans recently and they actually helped?

I'm really not good either. Medication doesn't seem to be working so much that I'm not even sure it is "medication" and not something else. :sigh: It's taking all my strength to not do what the voices are saying.
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Sorry to hear things are going so badly for you. I'd give the antidepressants a go, they might make you feel better and tbh you're probably better off doing what they say. But I know how scary it can be. :hugs:
    I basically have to do as they say otherwise I'm "refusing treatment" and I'm in this place longer.

ReputationRep:
    What gets you lot through your illnesses? for me it was meditation and being spiritual

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CescaD96)
    I basically have to do as they say otherwise I'm "refusing treatment" and I'm in this place longer.
    Yeah, like it's all voluntary until you're there and find out that actually it's a lot less voluntary than they initially made out. It really sucks. I hope you get well and out soon.

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Yeah, like it's all voluntary until you're there and find out that actually it's a lot less voluntary than they initially made out. It really sucks. I hope you get well and out soon.
    Hopefully I'm out soon but it seems like they don't even have an idea what to do with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pathway)
    Just hardto explain

I feel like he did what he did so he knew that it would **** me up so then its easier to control me
    Hm, rationalizing is probably really hard, but try it. Nobody can control you, otherwise you would not even in your mental illness "just feel" that you are controlled, but I am pretty sure, you just did, what you do? Try to think at last time? Probably pattern repeats?

Thank you.

----------

Day 1: 6 ****ing phials of bloods taken today. 4 from one arm, 2 from the other when my blood stopped flowing. Christ.

Skipped dinner here because I was crying. Just want to go home. :cry2: How will this help me? They want to put me back on silly antidepressants.
    The blood taking is only to rule out other illnesses, I think. Just to rule out, your state is caused by something easily treatable with meds for physical illnesses.

Why are they silly?

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Nathanielle)
    Hm, rationalizing is probably really hard, but try it. Nobody can control you, otherwise you would not even in your mental illness "just feel" that you are controlled, but I am pretty sure, you just did, what you do? Try to think at last time? Probably pattern repeats?

The blood taking is only to rule out other illnesses, I think. Just to rule out, your state is caused by something easily treatable with meds for physical illnesses.

Why are they silly?
    I'm anemic already. :rolleyes: I don't need anything else wrong with me.

I've been on them already and they did nothing for me, just made me ill.

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    More blood tests.

ReputationRep:
    Being pushed over the edge by the neigbours builders banging in the roof. Normally it would just be an irritance but with a dissertation to write I'm already feeling stressed.

ReputationRep:
    More blood tests.
    Ah the excitement of hospital.

(Original post by jelly1000)
    Being pushed over the edge by the neigbours builders banging in the roof. Normally it would just be an irritance but with a dissertation to write I'm already feeling stressed.
    :hugs: Can you go to the library or somewhere else quiet?

ReputationRep:
    irrationally angry . ****ing sick of this ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Ah the excitement of hospital.

:hugs: Can you go to the library or somewhere else quiet?
    Unfortunatley now I'm at home the uni library is 100 odd miles away and I don't know what the internet situation is like at the local ones. I can at least go to my dads if the noise carries on say tomorrow but I'm going out later in the opposite direction to where my dad lives.

ReputationRep:
    irrationally angry . ****ing sick of this ****
    :hugs:

(Original post by jelly1000)
    Unfortunatley now I'm at home the uni library is 100 odd miles away and I don't know what the internet situation is like at the local ones. I can at least go to my dads if the noise carries on say tomorrow but I'm going out later in the opposite direction to where my dad lives.
    Ah ok, that's annoying. Maybe putting on some music would make the builders less distracting?

ReputationRep:

Ah ok, that's annoying. Maybe putting on some music would make the builders less distracting?
    Yeah I'll try that, thanks for the suggestion.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I'm back from college... And it went well. :woo:

ReputationRep:

:hugs: how are you?

------------------
    stupid incoherent rant about ED/PTSD
    Spoiler:
    Show
    feel like crying everything is ****. hair is falling out in clumps, everything hurts. feel like crap. so much fatigue. plagued by nightmares so cant even sleep. intrusive memories and disturbing images. cant figure out whats safe to eat. cant stop body checking either. dizzy alll the time. and the stupid thing is they wont even take me seriously because i'm ata "healthy weight". can't even drink right now because keep having panic attacks. but yeah everything is fine lol. cba w this **** anymore. so dumb

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: how are you?

------------------
    stupid incoherent rant about ED/PTSD
    Spoiler:
    Show
    feel like crying everything is ****. hair is falling out in clumps, everything hurts. feel like crap. so much fatigue. plagued by nightmares so cant even sleep. intrusive memories and disturbing images. cant figure out whats safe to eat. cant stop body checking either. dizzy alll the time. and the stupid thing is they wont even take me seriously because i'm ata "healthy weight". can't even drink right now because keep having panic attacks. but yeah everything is fine lol. cba w this **** anymore. so dumb
    I'm not bad, just having a little laze between doing stuff.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Who've you spoken to about this? It might be worthwhile making a list of your symptoms/behaviours and giving it to someone else, who might take you more seriously. You're clearly not doing well and you deserve to get treatment for it all :hugs:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm anemic already. :rolleyes: I don't need anything else wrong with me.

I've been on them already and they did nothing for me, just made me ill.
    How's the hospital? Are you coping? Finding it helpful?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not bad, just having a little laze between doing stuff.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Who've you spoken to about this? It might be worthwhile making a list of your symptoms/behaviours and giving it to someone else, who might take you more seriously. You're clearly not doing well and you deserve to get treatment for it all :hugs:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    my old care co, some random other psych at CMHT, and two different GPs at my uni's health centre. my lead professional i've only seen once and i didnt mention it because i was busy freaking out lol. they all say it's anorexia. but they wont do anything about it. dont know if they've even diagnosed me with anything, which i don't really care about tbh i just want help? i've been messed up with food since i was about 10, and i'm 21 now, i'm sick of it. just want it to stop. will try and make a list but tbh i dont even know whats normal and what isnt anymore haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    :hi:
    How's the Noodlyness?

Spoiler:
    Show
    my old care co, some random other psych at CMHT, and two different GPs at my uni's health centre. my lead professional i've only seen once and i didnt mention it because i was busy freaking out lol. they all say it's anorexia. but they wont do anything about it. dont know if they've even diagnosed me with anything, which i don't really care about tbh i just want help? i've been messed up with food since i was about 10, and i'm 21 now, i'm sick of it. just want it to stop. will try and make a list but tbh i dont even know whats normal and what isnt anymore haha
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That's a lot of people not doing their job! :eek: I guess I'd say go back to the main person you're seeing with your list of symptoms, and really focus on what's affecting you and what you think needs to change. I find in general that the more blunt and up front you are about what you want done, the better.

Might also be worth asking other people with similar ED symptoms about what helps/helped them too? You have to be careful with comparing/sort of competing with other people's symptoms sometimes, but if you approach it in the right way I think peer support can be really helpful with most illnesses.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.