georgia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Drewski)
Never! :p:

She was covered in mud! And now she's all fluffy and soft

How much food did you get for £17? If it's one day's worth, then yes, it's too much. If it's food for a week/10 days, then not so bad...

But you don't wash dogs in the shower! That's what the bath is for.

I got (yes I do happen to have the receipt in front of me and I'm only mentioning organic cos it's more expensive and thus bumped the total up...if it was my own money I'd probably have gone for normal): organic apple juice x2, organic soy milk, organic bananas, organic garlic, fresh ginger, organic onions, pitta bread, green lentils, organic rice, fresh coriander, raspberries, maple syrup and honey. So some of that will last a while, other bits will be gone instantly. We spend a lot on food in our household.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by georgia)
But you don't wash dogs in the shower! That's what the bath is for.

I got (yes I do happen to have the receipt in front of me and I'm only mentioning organic cos it's more expensive and thus bumped the total up...if it was my own money I'd probably have gone for normal): organic apple juice x2, organic soy milk, organic bananas, organic garlic, fresh ginger, organic onions, pitta bread, green lentils, organic rice, fresh coriander, raspberries, maple syrup and honey. So some of that will last a while, other bits will be gone instantly. We spend a lot on food in our household.
We don't live in a big/posh house. Our shower is the bath. When I say I showered her, I used the shower attachment.

Well, if you spend a lot, then it can't be a surprise!
georgia
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
We don't live in a big/posh house. Our shower is the bath. When I say I showered her, I used the shower attachment.

Well, if you spend a lot, then it can't be a surprise!

Well that's not putting her in the shower is it. That's showering her off in the bath. There is a difference!

Yeah but normally my mum's the one doing the spending herself so I don't really pay attention to it. I just know we do because my dad whinges about it (but is still happy to eat it!).
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well that's not putting her in the shower is it. That's showering her off in the bath. There is a difference!

Yeah but normally my mum's the one doing the spending herself so I don't really pay attention to it. I just know we do because my dad whinges about it (but is still happy to eat it!).
Meh. Not enough of a one. Nobody in this house has baths - noone fits.

Well, what's the point in not eating it if you've already bought it? Now, if he complained in the shop, he might get somewhere!
georgia
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Meh. Not enough of a one. Nobody in this house has baths - noone fits.

Well, what's the point in not eating it if you've already bought it? Now, if he complained in the shop, he might get somewhere!

Giant family :p: We don't have baths because our one is a horrible whirlpool thingy that the previous owners put in and it's a ***** to clean properly. And it's about the most uncomfortable bath ever known to humankind.

He never goes supermarket shopping, he thinks it's boring. Well yeah, duh, but it means you can actually eat things as opposed to try and make something up out of thin air.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Giant family :p: We don't have baths because our one is a horrible whirlpool thingy that the previous owners put in and it's a ***** to clean properly. And it's about the most uncomfortable bath ever known to humankind.

He never goes supermarket shopping, he thinks it's boring. Well yeah, duh, but it means you can actually eat things as opposed to try and make something up out of thin air.
I'm 6'2, brother's 6'5, dad's 6'0 and mum's just..largish :ninja:

Or he could just go buy somethng cheaper.
georgia
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm 6'2, brother's 6'5, dad's 6'0 and mum's just..largish :ninja:

Or he could just go buy somethng cheaper.
Largish, oh bless her. What on earth is that supposed to mean anyway?! Okay your brother officially so is a giant. You and your dad are just tall :p:

What on earth for? The original thing would have already been bought.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Largish, oh bless her. What on earth is that supposed to mean anyway?! Okay your brother officially so is a giant. You and your dad are just tall :p:

What on earth for? The original thing would have already been bought.

Fat :ninja: My brother isn't officially a giant, you have to be over 6'7 for that :p: [Medical fact, I've been told!]

My dad's also a lot rounder than either me or my brother so doesn't look as tall :p:

To buy things he wouldn't need to complain about.
georgia
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Fat :ninja: My brother isn't officially a giant, you have to be over 6'7 for that :p: [Medical fact, I've been told!]

My dad's also a lot rounder than either me or my brother so doesn't look as tall :p:

To buy things he wouldn't need to complain about.
Pedant, you know what I meant! And haha that means my uncle actually is a giant then...he's 6'10 or something like that.

But then he'd be buying things he doesn't like or doesn't want. He's just as picky with food as my mum and I are, just in a slightly different way. He'd be unlikely to come back with a much cheaper food bill.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Pedant, you know what I meant! And haha that means my uncle actually is a giant then...he's 6'10 or something like that.

Aaah, so that's where you get it from! [And there was me thinking your milkman was the BFG :p:]

I'd like to be taller, tbh :sad: 6'4 sounds so much better than 6'2.
iced_dragon_agility
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
you want be taller????
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It'd be nice, yeah.

I'm not going to do anything about it, and it's not a massive desire. It would be nice, is all.
georgia
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Drew you're plenty tall enough. Especially considering the vast majority of girls are shorter than you!

That uncle is actually an uncle by marriage rather than blood, so nope, I don't get it from him. Both my grandfathers used to be 6' though. Oh and we've never had a milkman :p:
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm not saying my current height isn't good, just that if I had the ability to wave a magic wand and change things about my appearance my height would be amongst the things I change [to be fair, it's not a long list].

I've only ever met one girl taller, but that's not the point.

My uncle [blood - dad's side] is about 6'5, but neither of our grandparents were. My uncle on my mum's side is also about 6'1/2, and our only male cousin is about the same. Generally a pretty tall family. Mum's 5'8.
omicronlyrae
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Drew :hmmm: I'm 5'7" :sad:
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well done..? :dontknow:

Nothing wrong with that. You'll find it far more comfortable on a long haul flight. And considering at some point in the future I'm going to go to the Falklands, that makes a difference.

I'm sure we've all got something we've maybe thought that it'd be nice to change, it just happens that this is mine... It's not a big deal. Just a thought I have every now and then...
omicronlyrae
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Well done..? :dontknow:

Nothing wrong with that. You'll find it far more comfortable on a long haul flight. And considering at some point in the future I'm going to go to the Falklands, that makes a difference.

I'm sure we've all got something we've maybe thought that it'd be nice to change, it just happens that this is mine... It's not a big deal. Just a thought I have every now and then...
Meh, maybe. I just don't think complaining you'd like to be taller at 6'2 is something i understand.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by omicronlyrae)
Meh, maybe. I just don't think complaining you'd like to be taller at 6'2 is something i understand.

i'm not complaining, I'm quite happy with my height. I just wouldn't say no to being taller is all.
Ethereal
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well done..?

In the Falklands shortarses are still giants. The only things to compete with are penguins :p:
Margin for error
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Evening :wavey:

How are youo?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (232)
27.62%
No (608)
72.38%

Watched Threads