The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FKLW
Not really because it's relevant. You said that there's no top strikers available, I disagreed, and for the sake of argument let's say there isn't well you've only got yourselves to blame considering you could've had the best football on current form in the world for £50 million. Then you'll proceed to go onto a Chelsea thread when they actually buy a WC striker like Costa and say 'ha ha look how much you paid/ we don't have a sugar daddy/ look at how we maintained top 4 throughout stadium debts' aka typical bull like that.

People say Alexis is enough because psychologically your know that you are inferior to top clubs. You've been conditioned by your manager and by your board to buy one big player then settle for mediocrity. Calling it now that without a WC ST you'll finish 4th.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What WC strikers are available i literally can only think of Mandz at a suitable pricetag. We are not throwing 60mil at Falcao or Cavani because we have other areas to improve as well and both would ask for silly wages and not worth that kind of money atm. The Suarez thing is typical hindsight though, he was never really a 50m player from the seasons before, he only showed that form afterwards, ofc I regret not buying him now though. It's also not only the Arsenal fans that do this, Utd fans would be on Citys thread moaning about it too if they had enough members here and Liverpool fans mock Chelsea about it too.

No-one said Alexis is enough, you can question every fan in the thread and the hardcore WKB at the Emirates know that this isn't enough but its a good start. The reason people haven't put strikers in their predicted line ups is because we haven't been linked to anyone really yet. Its also only the 8th day of the window. Just like how Chelsea finished 4th this season then?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by FKLW
It's well known considering he was banned and they labelled the offer 'derisory' implying they would've sold for more. You pissed them off with the £1 so after that there was no chance.

Also, pls jump of 419's ****.

Your whole argument is a bunch of hypothetical nonsense. It's clearly sour grapes.
Reply 9802
Original post by AR_95
Think I might use this sauce with my dinner actually cheers

Yup do so. Let that Chilean spice your dinner up

:wink:

(Sorry your comment begged for a reply like that :tongue:)
Original post by sr90
He's agreed a deal to join QPR.

He's better than that smh they're probably paying him a lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9804
Original post by De Chirico
Your whole argument is a bunch of hypothetical nonsense. It's clearly sour grapes.

So you decide to ignore the footballing side of things and try and take a moral high horse. I've never seen that before from an Arsenal fan :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9805
Original post by FKLW
It's well known considering he was banned and they labelled the offer 'derisory' implying they would've sold for more. You pissed them off with the £1 so after that there was no chance.

Also, pls jump of 419's ****.

Funny thing is it's obvious you're the one on bacons dick.

Props to you bacon for actually obtaining an aficionado. He's not doing you proud though. He's child work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kruz
He's better than that smh they're probably paying him a lot.

Surprised Liverpool/Southampton/Everton aren't in for him tbh, I would say Arsenal but given the Spurs connection I doubt he'd be interested. He'll be a top CB in a few years time. Remember that Gary Cahill was at a similar sort of level before he joined Chelsea, now he's one of the best CB's in the country.

Hopefully Rio can teach him a thing or two... on the pitch that is. None of that social media bs.
Reply 9807
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
What WC strikers are available i literally can only think of Mandz at a suitable pricetag. We are not throwing 60mil at Falcao or Cavani because we have other areas to improve as well and both would ask for silly wages and not worth that kind of money atm. The Suarez thing is typical hindsight though, he was never really a 50m player from the seasons before, he only showed that form afterwards, ofc I regret not buying him now though. It's also not only the Arsenal fans that do this, Utd fans would be on Citys thread moaning about it too if they had enough members here and Liverpool fans mock Chelsea about it too.

No-one said Alexis is enough, you can question every fan in the thread and the hardcore WKB at the Emirates know that this isn't enough but its a good start. The reason people haven't put strikers in their predicted line ups is because we haven't been linked to anyone really yet. Its also only the 8th day of the window. Just like how Chelsea finished 4th this season then?

Mandzukic is good enough man, I never said anything about Falcao or Cavani because they wouldn't join and are hugely our of budget for everyone bar maybe 5 teams. Suarez was worth it the season before as well tbh considering when you factor in huge inflation and signing a rival player... Can understand if you bought a replacement striker but you didn't so you just had to cough up tbh. I'm the first one to recognise our shortcomings, and I can't talk about last summer considering ours was a shambles as well.

Chelsea are different though. They win big matches which you don't, and the rest of their team is stronger in any case. Why are people suggesting the team is good enough then when including Giroud? Why not right 'ST' like they've been writing 'DM' next to Ramsey then? It suggests that they think Giroud is good enough. WKB fans probably think the title is in reach with Alexis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9808
Original post by 419
What did first sentence of Zurich reply say?

Shoo says in his post and I quote "In terms of attack.......hopefully a new ST". This is the guy that won't stop banging on about Jackson Martinez btw.

Only Stalin seems to suggest that Sanchez might be enough but it's clear that it's speculating ways of fitting Sanchez into the team as it is at the moment. Pretty sure he'd take mandzukic if he became available.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just want to make it clear that it was in Jan that I was banging on about him. Then, not many strikers were available & I would have liked him to be signed on the cheap so that we could sign a better striker in the summer.

I wouldn't even mind having him now, but with other strikers available I'd much rather have someone else.

The reason why I say I wouldn't mind him now is because if we strengthen in other areas, maybe Martinez is the closest to a striker that we'll get
Reply 9809
Original post by 419
Funny thing is it's obvious you're the one on bacons dick.

Props to you bacon for actually obtaining an aficionado. He's not doing you proud though. He's child work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Considering I've openly criticised bacon in the past highlights the fact that that's a lie so no. Also now resorting to ad hom. Well played :yy:

It's obvious that Arsenal fans have created a mafia style system on their thread. If you don't adhere to their rules and opinions then your trolling, "child's work" or baconbuttys **** buddy :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
Mandzukic is good enough man, I never said anything about Falcao or Cavani because they wouldn't join and are hugely our of budget for everyone bar maybe 5 teams. Suarez was worth it the season before as well tbh considering when you factor in huge inflation and signing a rival player... Can understand if you bought a replacement striker but you didn't so you just had to cough up tbh. I'm the first one to recognise our shortcomings, and I can't talk about last summer considering ours was a shambles as well.

Chelsea are different though. They win big matches which you don't, and the rest of their team is stronger in any case. Why are people suggesting the team is good enough then when including Giroud? Why not right 'ST' like they've been writing 'DM' next to Ramsey then? It suggests that they think Giroud is good enough. WKB fans probably think the title is in reach with Alexis.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mandzukic and Giroud are practically identical. Mandzukic the better finisher, Giroud with the better link up play. Everything else pretty much the same.

He's a marginal upgrade on Giroud.

Also agree with De Chirico where you getting this crap from that Liverpool would've sold for 50mil.

Some people seem to be thinking getting 22 goals and 12 assists in your second season, means you're ****. :s-smilie:
Original post by FKLW

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would love Mandzukic then, people have different opinions of him though but he would deffo replace Giroud, anyone who watches Bayern would know this. Apparently he's close to joining Atletico though and for the fee being mentioned I'm furious that we aren't hijacking it but the summers not over yet so i'm not panicking in any case. I will be one of the first to criticise our transfer dealings if this summer fails too tbh. Nah if you take in to account his ban and everything 40mil was a very fair price, there was no hint that he would have this kind of season, maybe the level of Van Persies but not this kind of season imo.

But they lose or draw small matches which we hardly do and tbf we were ok with big matches at home. Well the title was in reach this season without Alexis so I can understand the slight delusion but if they were asked whether they wanted to replace Giroud/Arteta they would unequivocally say yes. Giroud is only poor in the big games anyway, other than that he is better than anyone Chelsea had up front. Its like when Utd fans have Rooney in their starting 11 despite complaining about him all season, obviously for a different reason though. Its true that the board and Wenger have been about the bargain bucket signings lately which does make fans think we are lower than what we should be I agree (I dont think I would go as far as saying brainwashed though) but you can see that changing now, we are finally prepared to offer large sums of money for players, and make marquee signings.
Brazil have ****ed up choosing Fred they should of took pato, robinho and kaka

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9813
Muller is GOAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh ozil..
And even Ozil couldn't score against this woeful brazillian side

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good evening. I'm interrupting Bin. I like to interrupt the conversation with naked bin pictures. Here is a a dirty pic of a bin.
Have to say, Ozil is ****. He should not be starting. Sick of defending him. He looks like a lost boy.
Original post by C.Almasy
Have to say, Ozil is ****. He should not be starting. Sick of defending him. He looks like a lost boy.

This Ozil bashing is ****ing ridiculous. He had a good game ffs, but because he missed that chance at the end, all of a sudden he had a shocker.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C.Almasy

Clearly watched the last 5 minutes and nothing more...

Latest