Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    **** that's old no offence. I been feeling bad recently, life has flashed by and at my age I have nothing to really show for myself.
    25 is old?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    25 is old?
    In the grand scheme of things of course not. For me it is I suppose, i think to when I'm 25 and I'll likely be graduated, married etc. which is miles ****ing off.

ReputationRep:
    1991. 23. Feelsgoodman. Seeing the girls I used to go to school with and vast majority of the guys (on facebook) makes me happy. Their aesthetic peak was 16-19, it's been very sharp downhill for them. Terrible lifestyle choices will do that, thing is they will not change. Once they get that bit of fat it accumulates and does not go. Drink, drugs, piss poor diet, no exercise, staying up late on top of all of this all of the time, too much makeup ****ing up their skin etc etc. My parents buying me a gym membership at 16 was one of the best things they ever did for me. I would much rather be boring than look like that, but then again I am Mr.Vain.

Also, a lot of people by my age have had kids or are in long term settled relationships living with their partners. These types of lifestyles would make me feel so suffocated, I am not ready. I won't be for a very long time, if ever. I am still very immature and childish in many ways. But very mature in other ways.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:

I'm glad that I have no connection to anyone I went to school with so I don't have them to compare myself to, I've basically shed my identity. Nobody I know now knows anything about my childhood.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Time is flying by far too quick for my liking. Feels like yesterday I started year 7 and that uni was a lifetime away... :moon:

ReputationRep:

Forgot I haven't done it. It just seems like there's no achievements as of yet and I'm nearly 20, the new year got me thinking this.

ReputationRep:

Scary how the years are just flying by. I can still remember being in secondary school which was a long time ago :rofl:. I still remember in 2010 when i was dreaming of the 2012 Olympics and thinking where i'll be in life at that point :moon:.

Also, i dont know about anyone else but when i was younger i used to always want to be 18 or older and have all the responsibilities i have now (such as working, going uni and such). Oh how dumb i was :lol:. Would love to go back to when i was younger and the only thing i had to worry about was giving in my homework the next day, what i was going to eat, when i was going out to play football with my mates and such.

Life is okay i guess buts its worrying how ive seen some of my mates getting married now and I'm no where near to getting settled down (something my mum keeps reminding me :rolleyes:). Some of my mates have thier own place as well. Damn i feel old.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)

Scary how the years are just flying by.
    It just gets faster as you get older. I've mentioned on here before I felt like I was gonna have a breakdown over this **** a while back, it lasted about five days.

What do you lot reckon happens when you die? This is for people who aren't religious btw.

ReputationRep:
    It just gets faster as you get older. I've mentioned on here before I felt like I was gonna have a breakdown over this **** a while back, it lasted about five days.

What do you lot reckon happens when you die? This is for people who aren't religious btw.
    Time does fly very quickly, I feel like 17-18 were just yesterday but it is nearly 6 years ago now. There is nothing to be upset about though, life is life. My feeling about it all is that we should regret what we do, not what we don't do. Regretting what we did not do is the worst thing. Regretting what we do do is fine as it can be seen as youthful folly.
    It's all about making the time count for something and/or realising that you really don't have it so bad.

I have noticed though at 23-25 how old many people behave. Homeowners, marriages, kids, responsibilities. It is like the youth disappears overnight and that is something that really scares me. It is not getting older in itself that scares me, but being trapped in a lifestyle that I hate. I am way too much of a 'free spirit' to be like that. I see life as an adventure.

I don't believe anything happens when you die, you just die and that is it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Time does fly very quickly, I feel like 17-18 were just yesterday but it is nearly 6 years ago now. There is nothing to be upset about though, life is life. My feeling about it all is that we should regret what we do, not what we don't do. Regretting what we did not do is the worst thing. Regretting what we do do is fine as it can be seen as youthful folly.
    It's all about making the time count for something and/or realising that you really don't have it so bad.

I have noticed though at 23-25 how old many people behave. Homeowners, marriages, kids, responsibilities. It is like the youth disappears overnight and that is something that really scares me. It is not getting older in itself that scares me, but being trapped in a lifestyle that I hate. I am way too much of a 'free spirit' to be like that. I see life as an adventure.

I don't believe anything happens when you die, you just die and that is it.

You don't ever think about what the process might be like? Being alive one minute and dead the next?

I spend a lot of time thinking about this, and the most logical scenario for me is there being some sort of mechanism in your body that is designed to make the process of your body 'shutting down' as trauma free as possible.

That's if you die of natural causes, obviously if you're about to have your head cut off or suffer a violent death you've got those last moments waiting for the attack for example.

ReputationRep:
    You don't ever think about what the process might be like? Being alive one minute and dead the next?

I spend a lot of time thinking about this, and the most logical scenario for me is there being some sort of mechanism in your body that is designed to make the process of your body 'shutting down' as trauma free as possible.

That's if you die of natural causes, obviously if you're about to have your head cut off or suffer a violent death you've got those last moments waiting for the attack for example.

I don't think about the process, hardly going to be pleasant though is it?
    Dying is the easy part. Suffering in pain before you die is the difficult part, illness does that though. When we are older, a big proportion of us will get cancer. Just inevitable. 43% of males, which works out at around 1 in 2 in practice, will get cancer. 22% , around 1 in 4, will die from that. Before we know what hits us, we will be in pain and lose our freedom.

I spend my time appreciating more the fact that I could be very ill in the future and that my days may be more numbered than I think. The illnesses start coming on with age.. progressively of course. I don't see my late 70's as the end of my life because I very well could be dead well before then. With that in mind, I don't treat my time as anything less than precious.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    What year were you lot born in?
    I remember my childhood in the Netherlands so well like it was yesterday.

It's strange to see friends around me turn 19/20, I do so too next month and I'm not particularly over the moon about it. It seems though, that I care less and less about birthdays as time goes on. It's funny cos I hear girls that are like in year 10 or 11 go, "omg can't wait till I'm like 18 or 21 honestly" Little do they know :rolleyes:

I remember in 2009/10, we were going into our GCSE stage. The deputy head of the school gave an assembly and she said these exact words "You're about to pick your GCSE subjects, pick wisely and do well. You will enter university in September 2014, your journey starts now". I remember thinking 'Yeah alright love, that's miles away calm down' but look now, how times flies and how correct she was. I remember that assembly and what she said so very well, I do not know why.

Guess we all just have to make everyday count and and take life as it comes, whilst enjoying it as much as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Born in 1994.

It feels weird how people that were born in 2000 will be/are 15 (/16 I think) this year. My first memories are around 1997/8 :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDukem)
    Born in 1994.

It feels weird how people that were born in 2000 will be/are 15 (/16 I think) this year. My first memories are around 1997/8 :eek:
    Come on pal how could someone born in 2000 be turning 16 in 2015

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fideo)
    Come on pal how could someone born in 2000 be turning 16 in 2015
    I can't shake this one off, I'll just take it :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    I don't think about the process, hardly going to be pleasant though is it?
    Why not? DMT released in your brain when you die, I've read a ton of accounts from people who claim to have had near death experiences or experiences where they've medically died and they seem quite consistent in that not much happened but they felt a sense of peace and warmth.

I've read a couple more that are not as nice including one where you're dead, can't do anything but have an awareness of being conscious within the universe and that's your eternity. **** that.

Dying is the easy part. Suffering in pain before you die is the difficult part, illness does that though. When we are older, a big proportion of us will get cancer. Just inevitable. 43% of males, which works out at around 1 in 2 in practice, will get cancer. 22% , around 1 in 4, will die from that. Before we know what hits us, we will be in pain and lose our freedom.
    That's more than women then?

Hopefully I never go through this or know what it's like.

I spend my time appreciating more the fact that I could be very ill in the future and that my days may be more numbered than I think. The illnesses start coming on with age.. progressively of course. I don't see my late 70's as the end of my life because I very well could be dead well before then. With that in mind, I don't treat my time as anything less than precious.
    Wise words.

ReputationRep:
    That's more than women then?
    Yep. Medically women are a lot stronger than men. So when they say there's no equality they're right- they're better than us :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Twitter app for phones is so crap. Constantly loading when Chrome/Facebook load just fine.

And am I the only one who associates the FA Cup third round traditionally with Saturday the 3rd of January?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Twitter app for phones is so crap. Constantly loading when Chrome/Facebook load just fine.

And am I the only one who associates the FA Cup third round traditionally with Saturday the 3rd of January?
    All the scum Leeds fans come out this year with their rendition of "Jermaine Beckford scored a great goal in the scum ****hole". Detestable. Remember I got beat up the day after they knocked us out by Leeds fans at school as well :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Medically women are a lot stronger than men. So when they say there's no equality they're right- they're better than us :laugh:
    Ah well, still kick their ****ing heads in :cool:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...t-girl-4910404

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 5, 2015
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.