Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For medicine, anyone know whether Oxford will use our bmat essay in interview? And do they still consider our bmat scores and gcses and personal statement when deciding about offers?

ReputationRep:
    For medicine, anyone know whether Oxford will use our bmat essay in interview? And do they still consider our gcses and bmat scores when deciding about offers?

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview for PPE at Lincoln, then 3 of us (solid grades candidates) were called back for a further interview at Lincoln with all professors. Then the 3 of us were invited to interviews at different universities the next day.

Does this sound like it was genuine interest from these universities where Lincoln tipped the colleges off that we were quite good or just standardisation which colleges have to do.

ReputationRep:
    Interviews all done. Back home now. Just gotta wait until January 6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nhtw)
    what have people worn to the interview?
    Skirt and tights, long sleeved t-shirt and ankle boots. Not that it matters in terms of getting an offer

I completely messed up one of my interviews because a stupid mistake and now half of it just looks like I got completely the wrong idea and I'm so annoyed at myself Anyone who's previously applied, do you know how they mark you on making a silly mistake?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MaxReid)
      Interviews all done. Back home now. Just gotta wait until January 6
      How do you feel your interviews went?
      My first interview was pretty flat, but the second and third were really enjoyable - I'm feeling optimistic.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by cakeislife)
      I completely messed up one of my interviews because a stupid mistake and now half of it just looks like I got completely the wrong idea and I'm so annoyed at myself Anyone who's previously applied, do you know how they mark you on making a silly mistake?
      You don't need to worry about one silly mistake - in my French interview last year, I made the mistake of translating 'pleuvoir' as 'to cry' instead of 'to rain', for example. Interviewees are human, and the tutors know it! It's OK They're not going to be sitting there putting strike marks against you because of silly mistakes - they want to see how you are as a whole

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by danniegee)
      You don't need to worry about one silly mistake - in my French interview last year, I made the mistake of translating 'pleuvoir' as 'to cry' instead of 'to rain', for example. Interviewees are human, and the tutors know it! It's OK They're not going to be sitting there putting strike marks against you because of silly mistakes - they want to see how you are as a whole
      In my French interview I translated a word from my written work wrong, looking like I'd used it without knowing what it meant! I also got some questions wrong when tested on what I'd done in the entrance exam, as I was nervous at the beginning and not thinking straight. The rest of the interview went well. Will they hold this against me?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Oxfordmist)
      How do you feel your interviews went?
      My first interview was pretty flat, but the second and third were really enjoyable - I'm feeling optimistic.
      I felt they were quite good as well. I posted quite a bit about them in the history applicants thread. They were better than I thought I would say and it was nice that the written work featured quite a lot. It's good that your interviews went well! Good luck for January

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Amselss)
      In my French interview I translated a word from my written work wrong, looking like I'd used it without knowing what it meant! I also got some questions wrong when tested on what I'd done in the entrance exam, as I was nervous at the beginning and not thinking straight. The rest of the interview went well. Will they hold this against me?
      No, no, not at all! The first bit it just meant to be trying to get you settled in anyway. Trust me, the tutors are so used to people being nervous and making silly mistakes!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by danniegee)
      No, no, not at all! The first bit it just meant to be trying to get you settled in anyway. Trust me, the tutors are so used to people being nervous and making silly mistakes!
      Thank you! That's reassuring are you studying French at the moment?

ReputationRep:
      Good luck for January 6th to all those who have finished their interviews! Good luck to those who still have interviews to do!

ReputationRep:
      [QUOTE=MaxReid;61223345]I felt they were quite good as well. I posted quite a bit about them in the history applicants thread. They were better than I thought I would say and it was nice that the written work featured quite a lot. It's good that your interviews went well! Good luck for January[/QUOTE

My written work wasn't mentioned in any of them, nor was my PS, annoyingly.
      Good luck to you too....fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
      I had two interviews at Magdalen for history which I think went fairly well and then got asked to go to another interview at St Hughs which didn't go too well - anyone know what this means? Does that mean i've been rejected from Magdalen?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by qwertyasdfghj)
      I had two interviews at Magdalen for history which I think went fairly well and then got asked to go to another interview at St Hughs which didn't go too well - anyone know what this means? Does that mean i've been rejected from Magdalen?
      Doesn't mean anything much, there are loads of reasons you might be interviewed somewhere else - you could get an offer from either of them. Try not to read too much into it and keep your mind off it until January! Good luck

ReputationRep:
      Ive just finished my two law interviews at Magdalen, first went horrendously the second went really well! Is there any hope for me haha? 😂

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MaxReid)
      Good luck for January 6th to all those who have finished their interviews! Good luck to those who still have interviews to do!
      Thanks so much

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by OVODrake)
      For medicine, anyone know whether Oxford will use our bmat essay in interview? And do they still consider our bmat scores and gcses and personal statement when deciding about offers?
      I once read somewhere that they were blinded of our scores, but that the essays were available for them to read and potentially be used in interview. I'm not sure how truthful that is though, or whether if it is, if they still do that. Don't worry about it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Lainathiel)
      I once read somewhere that they were blinded of our scores, but that the essays were available for them to read and potentially be used in interview. I'm not sure how truthful that is though, or whether if it is, if they still do that. Don't worry about it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Really?! Do you think GCSE's, AS levels, predictions etc are done by department and then the colleges don't actually get to see your grades?
      I really hope they make decisions solely based on interview (even though mine didn't go too swell). I heard somewhere that they score your grades, score your interviews then make decisions based on that. But surely if they invite you to interview the only thing they care about is the interview and not your grades anymore? (can anyone shed light on this?)

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.