Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    How's the Noodlyness?

Spoiler:
    Show
    That's a lot of people not doing their job! :eek: I guess I'd say go back to the main person you're seeing with your list of symptoms, and really focus on what's affecting you and what you think needs to change. I find in general that the more blunt and up front you are about what you want done, the better.

Might also be worth asking other people with similar ED symptoms about what helps/helped them too? You have to be careful with comparing/sort of competing with other people's symptoms sometimes, but if you approach it in the right way I think peer support can be really helpful with most illnesses.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    thank you, i'll give it a shot, i'm just worried about being triggering for other people. my best friend is diagnosed with anorexia so i could talk to her, but i don't want to be triggering. so difficult ugh

dont know i feel like such a waste of space/time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pathway)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    thank you, i'll give it a shot, i'm just worried about being triggering for other people. my best friend is diagnosed with anorexia so i could talk to her, but i don't want to be triggering. so difficult ugh

dont know i feel like such a waste of space/time
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Maybe make a thread on here asking for advice from people who've already recovered? I think you're right to be concerned about the effect of talking about this stuff on your friend, but remember too that she'd want to help if she knew you were suffering the same way as her. Definitely a tricky one, but if you ask her what she's comfortable with talking to you about, and both of you are aware of how good/bad you're feeling then hopefully you can both get something out of sharing your problems.

You're absolutely not a waste of anything. :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Ah the excitement of hospital.
    Aye I know. I absolutely love it.

(Original post by Noodlzzz)
    How's the hospital? Are you coping? Finding it helpful?
    I hate it. I want to go home and I'll be asking the doctor soon can I get home treatment. Spent most of yesterday crying but I did try today with the group activities this afternoon (I was ill this morning.)

ReputationRep:
    bleh. in a lot of paiin. had a flashback. feel vulnerable and horrible and just been so down and tired and misrable

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Maybe make a thread on here asking for advice from people who've already recovered? I think you're right to be concerned about the effect of talking about this stuff on your friend, but remember too that she'd want to help if she knew you were suffering the same way as her. Definitely a tricky one, but if you ask her what she's comfortable with talking to you about, and both of you are aware of how good/bad you're feeling then hopefully you can both get something out of sharing your problems.

You're absolutely not a waste of anything. :hugs:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i might, thank you for the advice :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    bleh. in a lot of paiin. had a flashback. feel vulnerable and horrible and just been so down and tired and misrable
    :hugs: Hope you get some respite soon.

ReputationRep:
    Scared, health anxiety really doing me over at the moment . Feel really alone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Scared, health anxiety really doing me over at the moment . Feel really alone
    :hugs: You're not alone. :nah:

ReputationRep:
    can't stop crying and I feel really low...think it's cos I'm tired. Why am I ugly? and why does nobody like me?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Finally got to see a doctor, and they are in agreement with me that home treatment is best for me. :woo:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by CescaD96)
    Finally got to see a doctor, and they are in agreement with me that home treatment is best for me. :woo:
    :woo: yay!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    :woo: yay!
    I hopefully will be out by the weekend.

ReputationRep:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    It's cheered me up.

ReputationRep:
    It's cheered me up.
    So it should! :banana:

ReputationRep:
    struggling to write down things that i need help with. feel like such a loser. they probably dont give a **** anyway/will laugh at me more. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pathway)
    struggling to write down things that i need help with. feel like such a loser. they probably dont give a **** anyway/will laugh at me more. :cry2:
    :hugs: You're not a loser at all. Try using the checklist feature on this website maybe?

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Hope you get some respite soon.
    thanks. unlikely, given the course of the last god knows how many years though. how you doing?

ReputationRep:
    sounds good :yy:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: You're not a loser at all. Try using the checklist feature on this website maybe?
    thank you :hugs: you've been a really big help today

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.