Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    has anyone had any remarks back? Has it been successful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masterbob)
    Awe how did it go? I hope it went alright, it will all work out.
    I got A* in Maths and Bio. A in Chem and Physics. B for my epq which was mostly done a day before i submitted it T_T. I'm satisfied even though i could have put more effort in it. I guess I'll drop Oxbridge and apply to another uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IRoranth)
    How do I know if I've got full marks in a paper or not?

In one of my GovPol papers, it says '100 a' under Mark Equiv, and in the other paper it says '93 a'

Is this UMS or raw mark???? And is the 100 a representation of full marks, really need to know please, thanks.
    You need to go on the ums convertor and find out the distribution of ums with raw marks. Aqa and ocr do it, don't know about other boards. They have tables showing the ums for each number of marks. You need to find the number of marks needed for full ums in the table.

ReputationRep:
    I want to chem eng and i got Bs in my maths biology and chemistry what unis should i go for

ReputationRep:
    My offers still have not replied to me , ive rang up twice now and theyve told me to wait untill monday the 22nd for a reply maybe...WTF!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KythingToWrite)
    Ah, that sucks. I'm doing Physics and Astrophysics. Have you got an accommodation offer yet?
    It's gonna take me a while to get used to the slang I think

Couple of weeks? That's terrifying. Visas take ages here as it is.
    Did you call them up or email?
    I emailed them. Visa takes 15 working days so it's best that you explain your situation to UEA so they can speed up the process of producing your CAS.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys i was wondering, how many of you study over summer? I usually wake uo around 8 and study for 4 hours. ( splitting each subject). I was just curious if i am not the only sad person to do it xD. I just feel its better to be ahead if class and im proud bc i have finished both c3 and c4 and almost all of my computer science project.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit confused with some of my results and wondered if anyone had any thoughts it previously remarking experience? I take English Lit, RS, Art, and psychology for AS level with all of them being the new linear exams apart from RS which is old style. I got As in all of them apart from English which I got a C! Which is weird as I'm predicted an A for it and have never got below a B in any practices? But when looking at my grades for both papers I got a high A nearly full marks in Paper 2 but a U in Paper 1?? My teacher is convinced it's a marking or clerical error but I'm scared it's not, but the jump from an A to a U is big? The exam board is AQA and I've applied for a remark and recall of the script but don't know what the likelihood of it going up is??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahmzo)
    Hey guys i was wondering, how many of you study over summer? I usually wake up around 8 and study for 4 hours. ( splitting each subject). I was just curious if i am not the only sad person to do it xD. I just feel its better to be ahead if class and im proud bc i have finished both c3 and c4 and almost all of my computer science project.
    I beg your pardon? RELAX!

ReputationRep:
    What are you revising for?!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys i was wondering, how many of you study over summer? I usually wake uo around 8 and study for 4 hours. ( splitting each subject). I was just curious if i am not the only sad person to do it xD. I just feel its better to be ahead if class and im proud bc i have finished both c3 and c4 and almost all of my computer science project.
    Well I wouldn't say you have finished C3 and C4 since practice to needed to onbtain high marks.

However I would ask hoe do you self teach it?

I've been wanting to self teach myself FP1,M2 and S2 and just don't know where to start

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been doing anywhere near as much as that. I've done all of M2 & finished the second half of FP1 though. No where near exam standard, just trying to understand the basics ready for September

ReputationRep:
    Is it common to go into clearing with a*a*b? that's what happened to me. But i'm actually thinking of redoing the b subject (physics) and reapplying next year next year, is that a good plan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egtoffee1998)
    I'm a bit confused with some of my results and wondered if anyone had any thoughts it previously remarking experience? I take English Lit, RS, Art, and psychology for AS level with all of them being the new linear exams apart from RS which is old style. I got As in all of them apart from English which I got a C! Which is weird as I'm predicted an A for it and have never got below a B in any practices? But when looking at my grades for both papers I got a high A nearly full marks in Paper 2 but a U in Paper 1?? My teacher is convinced it's a marking or clerical error but I'm scared it's not, but the jump from an A to a U is big? The exam board is AQA and I've applied for a remark and recall of the script but don't know what the likelihood of it going up is??
    I had something very similar happen with my English Lit AS last year; full marks on the coursework, E in the exam. It wasn't a clerical error; I'm just not naturally good at exam technique. I spent the whole year working on that - actually dumbing down my natural writing style - and resat the exam. I came out with full UMS this time around, so don't lose hope. Just take this as a learning experience, and get a script copy so you can see where you went wrong!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qcomber)
    Is it common to go into clearing with a*a*b? that's what happened to me. But i'm actually thinking of redoing the b subject (physics) and reapplying next year next year, is that a good plan?
    Definitely isn't common however is your uni course physics?

Not a good plan - no one likes to be a year behind.
    That's equivalent to A*AA - VERY HIGH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 98matt)
    I haven't been doing anywhere near as much as that. I've done all of M2 & finished the second half of FP1 though. No where near exam standard, just trying to understand the basics ready for September
    I am not exam ready yet either. However i have done 2 past papers so far. I achieved in the 70ish percent for both. I self taught via exam solutions haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths is Life)
    Well I wouldn't say you have finished C3 and C4 since practice to needed to onbtain high marks.

However I would ask hoe do you self teach it?

I've been wanting to self teach myself FP1,M2 and S2 and just don't know where to start
    Examsolutions. He teaches it better than any tutor would, and even better if you dont understand rewind and watch again.

ReputationRep:
    I got ABBB in my AS'.. Considering one of the Bs in linear and the other I'm resitting, am I okay to apply for unis asking for AAA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiera28)
    I got ABBB in my AS'.. Considering one of the Bs in linear and the other I'm resitting, am I okay to apply for unis asking for AAA?
    Speak to your school to find out what your predictions will be based on. If your predictions are AAA-AAB then applying to AAA universities should be fine (just make sure you have a range of choices http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...ity-rejections and look on which? university to find out the % of applicants getting offers - anything below 70% is a risky choice even if you have the predicted grades).

ReputationRep:
    When you miss out on three A*s by three ums

Name:  giphy.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  13.6 KB

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.