Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Jay Ajayi has to watch his ball security, but he's a special talent and an everydown bell-cow. 1st-2nd round grade, with an NFL comparison of Le'veon Bell. He's the truth. Jacksonville, Atlanta, San Diego would be excellent fits.

I wouldn't have previously thought that Grant Hendrick belongs, but he's had a perfect game so far. His mechanics and pocket presence looks good as well.

ReputationRep:
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAA?

Doug Marrone isn't coming back for the Bills. Most successful season in years, and now the Head Coach is gone. The better quarterback on their roster just slinked into retirement, and now this?! Cripes.

https://twitter.com/buffalobills/sta...29859877367808

ReputationRep:
    The Fiesta Bowl didn't disappoint. The Orange Bowl is pretty darn good as well.

ReputationRep:
    Been a pretty good set of bowl games. TCU were brilliant. Can't wait for the Seminoles against the ducks.

Brady's contract restructure has got a lot of people thinking that he could be coming to an end with the patriots sooner rather than later. Also hear rumblings of the pats wanting to take Rex Ryan on as a consultant.

Really hoping the pats get ravens.

ReputationRep:
    Get in there my beloved fighting Irish!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The Cotton and Outback Bowls were very good. Now, on to the Rose and Sugar Bowls!

ReputationRep:
    Don't watch much NCAA but as far as I can see both of these QBs do things which are going to terrify NFL teams and other things which will really excite them.

ReputationRep:
    Unlike a lot of college QB's Jameis and Mariota keeps his eyes on downfield. I think Mariota will be taken #1 overall, and I think he's really, really good, Jameis is the better prospect. In terms of 'who's the better qb', I'd take Jameis every time, it's just his off-field issues. I'm impressed by Jameis' leadership.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if FSU's D sucks or Mariota is wonderful ..... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    JAMEIS!!! NOOO...FSU had a terrible 3rd quarter. 4 turnovers! He tried to keep the play alive and got punished for it.

He's put the ball in good places...and his receivers have had a case of fumble-itis. Ugh.

ReputationRep:
    A quick summary of the FSU-Oregon Game
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I'm loving this. Exactly what I wanted to see.

ReputationRep:
    Well...that was a very pulseating Sugar Bowl. tOSU were worthy winners.

Bama needed to run the football...Derrick Henry is in the mold of Lacy and Bell. 6ft3, 240lbs, and a former 100m sprinter..I was very impressed with him, although if Bama rushed the ball more it could have been a different outcome. Rush when you are ahead is a pretty effective way to win. Eat the clock, rest up your defense. And also in terms of psychology, it's very important. If you have a defense who can't stop the run...can you imagine how demoralized if they continue to rush the ball? Oh wait...that's pretty much was tOSU did...tOSU sledgehammered 'Bama's rush defense, and burned them through the air. It's clear that tOSU has three potential Heisman winners at QB though.

The Bama defense buckled down late in the third quarter to give them half a chance...only for the offense to short circuit. Forcing a punt deep in the endzone with a bounce to the 23...to throw a pick on the next play was unforgivable. They had 2nd and short thanks to a good gain on by Yeldon...and then two sacks later were punting...Blake Sims has been good this year but there was some questionable decision making . It will be a rebuilding year for Bama, although their fans will expect them to be there or thereabouts.

If you were a special teams aficionado, this was the game to watch. Some big hits on punt and kickoff returns, and a punting masterclass by freshman JK Scott. Scary to think that he's only going to get better :O :O The onside kick was perfectly executed, and was so close to being recovered.

Finally, what was up with this final drive? The game is on the line fellas!!!....smh...

(also 6 defenders around the football beats two wideouts. Everytime.)

ReputationRep:
    All-Pro team is out.

Watt and Gronk the only unanimous votes. Antonio Brown had 49, DeMarco Murray 48 and Justin Houston got 47.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone needs a good laugh...listen to Finebaum. His radio show is basically syndicated throughout the south, and he emphasizes how good the SEC is. FSU and Bama fans are ringing in, thinking the world has ended or something.
    The gist is just OH MY GOD THE BELOVED SEC!!!! WHAT HAPPENED? SEC SEC SEC!

ReputationRep:
    Oh Phylis. That was glorious (in the thickest Alabama accent ever)...SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC.....BAMA WON THE SEC... BAMA WON THE SEC... BAMA WON THE SEC...ROLL DAYUUUM TIDE....THEY WON TWELVE DAYUM GAMES...THEY ARE SEC CHAMPIONS...THEY ARE THE REAL NUMBER1...I'M PROUD OF THEM...THEY WON TWELVE GAMES... ROLL TIDE.

And I'm only slightly paraphrasing.

ReputationRep:
    Glorious.

[EDIT..whoops...that was the same woman who called Finebaum after the Ole Miss loss. Here's the one after the sugar bowl game :') http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12112515

ReputationRep:
    Good Ol' 'Murica. She needs a mental evaluation after that. I just watched the final drive and Jesus it was slow! Did Sims forget he could spike the ball?

ReputationRep:
    Oh my. Hahahahahahaha.

"THE DYNASTY IS JUST BEGINNING! KISS MY BUTT! ROLL TIDE!" was a personal favourite (on the old video).

The second one is even better hahaha. The sighs from him hahaa

ReputationRep:
    Jk Scott is ridiculous. Some if his pints were insane. I think he had a 72 harder as well iirc... :eek:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.