Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    That's a good shout actually - I used to be in a band prior to uni. Was a lot of fun. Could get back into it.
    Do it!

(Original post by Mushi_master)
    Mate, I miss playing in a band so much, couldn't find anyone around uni and prob should have looked harder really. Used to play in a death metal band, was great fun. Unfortunately kinda niche so hard to come by!
    Yeah I can see the appeal in death metal, but not for me (my flatmate used to drum in a death band though). I'm a big Opeth fan but that's as close as I'll get.

Ugh - 2 weeks til my dissertation presentation, and my project supervisor is leaving tomorrow for the interim to go do some physics nd stuff in Japan... good times! :awesome:

BUT on the other hand, I'm currently messing around making important engineering diagrams in google sketchup - I'd thoroughly recommend this freeware awesomeness to anyone else with too much time on their hands!

ReputationRep:

Human remains found in the woods just near my medical school.

ReputationRep:

That's horrible... :/ And quite scary

ReputationRep:

Oh gosh, how old?

I hate that this is my peak time for getting work done, its a stupid routine I've gotten into from working late. But I can't find a biro anywhere, why do I lose all my pens. But poster presentation (its internal for all the iBSc medics so nothing too exciting but there is a prize...) on Thursday and Friday and I'm quite looking forward to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Outfirms have meant other than the non medics I live with I see my non medic friends once every few weeks...

Also realised how little I know and how much I need to know in 11 weeks time. ****. **** ****idty ****.
    Hahah try 5 weeks mate.

And I don't even have the fear in the slightest.

Good times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Hahah try 5 weeks mate.

Good times
    I was sent a list of what we are supposed to know by a keen friend and half that stuff I haven't even done/seen once.
    You see I have the fear but dance takes priority until after this weekend. Which is the main culprit for doing basically nothing this term.

ReputationRep:
    Hahah try 5 weeks mate.

Good times
    Try 3....for finals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    Try 3....for finals.
    Aye, but what exciting place are you off to afterwards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    Try 3....for finals.
    It's not the same!
    You're a real medical student who actually does work haha. I reckon you'd pass finals right now...

ReputationRep:
    It's not the same!
    You're a real medical student who actually does work haha. I reckon you'd pass finals right now...
    I'd have been willing to bet he'd have passed finals if it was last year.

ReputationRep:
    Have any of you ever written a Pitch to the Student BMJ? If so did you get a reply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by planetconwy1)
    Have any of you ever written a Pitch to the Student BMJ? If so did you get a reply?
    I have and I got a reply quite quickly, they were really nice and helpful. Definitely worth an email I think. That reminds me, I need to actually get on and write my article now! Toooo much to doooooo. Good luck with yours!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrs_bellamy)
    I have and I got a reply quite quickly, they were really nice and helpful. Definitely worth an email I think. That reminds me, I need to actually get on and write my article now! Toooo much to doooooo. Good luck with yours!
    Thats great! Good luck with your article. How quickly did they reply? Was it the same day?

ReputationRep:
    So may have signed a disclaimer to probably be on 24 hours in a&e. Perhaps that was a bad idea.

ReputationRep:
    So may have signed a disclaimer to probably be on 24 hours in a&e. Perhaps that was a bad idea.
    You'll have to let us know when you're making your appearance on tv

ReputationRep:
    Never heard of it - what channel etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    You'll have to let us know when you're making your appearance on tv
    I'm just hoping they're gonna use something that makes me look ok and not a 'look at that useless medical student standing around scratching his arse' or something!

ReputationRep:
    On channel 4, think there's been a couple of series now, all filmed at KCH.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously? Channel 4.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just hoping they're gonna use something that makes me look ok and not a 'look at that useless medical student standing around scratching his arse' or something!
    PRSOM

I love this show, it is actually quite good.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.