x Turn on thread page Beta

Mental Health Support Society Mk X watch

Announcements
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by superwolf)
    *definitely not aimed at criticising anyone, just want to make a point*

I've noticed a trend of people calling themselves fat, and then other people saying they're not. I kind of feel the word fat is unnecessarily pejorative, so of course people are going to disagree with someone calling themselves it - but this might then further confuse the issue inside the head of someone with body image issues about whether they're actually overweight, imagining it all or whatever.

I know a lot of people have issues about their weight/how they perceive their weight and it's good that they're being open about how they feel about themselves, but maybe someone using the word 'fat' to insult themselves might cause others to feel worse about their own body issues too?
    Sorry, I didn't mean to trigger anyone with my posts :sad: Thanks for bringing this to my attention :hugs:

(Original post by Anonymous)

of course you mean your friends and not the calzone :ninja:

hope youve had/having a good night yep:
    Had the calzone :awesome:

Spoiler:
    Show
    And shared starters. AND had a dessert. Ooops :erm:

It was alright seeing my friends but kinda crashed when I came home and my mum wasn't too helpful about it Woke up in the middle of the night and now can't get back to sleep again

(Original post by tasha96)
    Hiding from everyone because I'm hallucinating peoples faces into deamons/shadow monsters again. :cry2: Thought this had stopped.
    Oh lovely, how horrible. I'm so sorry I wasn't around :jumphug: Hope you're asleep now :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    I know a lot of people have issues about their weight/how they perceive their weight and it's good that they're being open about how they feel about themselves, but maybe someone using the word 'fat' to insult themselves might cause others to feel worse about their own body issues too?
    Yeah, I got similar feelings by reading the posts. Sames goes for all this INCREDIBLE YOUNG PEOPLE (22? ) moaning about having no family and no partner. WHAT SHALL I SAY?????? In addition most of the people slighty older than me getting now children, got together way later, so just breathe and don't worry and continue to be confident. YOU ARE WAY TOO YOUNG TO WORRY ABOUT THAT!!!

Yeah, I know, not very nice and I understand that having a boyfriend/girlfriend is awesome, but most of the people here, are really not at a age, where you need to worry. I am saying that to reassure you, not to because I am angry.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    My uni mentor thinks I'm sliding back into mixed state.

I just thought I was having a burst of energy and that's why I wasn't struggling to do a billion things at once but now she's said it I can see it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Waiting to be transferred to an NHS psychiatrist…. going to miss my current psychiatrist…
    Was meant to make an appointment with my psychologist but I don't want to :/
    My weight has ballooned again from bingeing during dissociation episodes…. so I'm now medically overweight again yay :/
    Migraines seem to be back with a vengeance.
    Feel weak and weird and sick.
    Want to cry.
    Can't.
    Meh.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys :wavey: just thought I would let people know how I am doing!

things are looking up I think, me and my girlfriend should be moving in together within a couple of weeks (which is great but stressful!) and I'm gonna be getting a lot of support as well for my dyspraxia and aspbergers which is really good. my mood has been kinda unstable of late though cause of the stress of sorting things out for the move and that, so my GP has put me on daily diazepam to help me stay calm a bit better, and by the sounds of it he and my mum are pushing for me to see a psychiatrist properly so I can get better support for my anxiety and depression.

I guess the main worry is that all of this sounds great but most of it isn't sorted out yet and obstacles seem to keep popping up I am trying to stay hopeful though, cause if everything works out then hopefully I will start to get to the point where I can actually function in the real world and maybe even live a relatively normal life (as normal as I can do anyway with my ear/aspergers/dyspraxia), so fingers crossed! :crossedf:

I hope everyone here is doing okay, I don't always take time to read through the thread much atm so sorry I haven't posted much! lots of hugs from me for everyone, especially those that need them! :grouphugs:

growing up is hard work had to sit waiting for the counsel for an hour just so i could sign some forms today! thought it would be easy!

TW due to violence
    Spoiler:
    Show
    found out my sisters boyfriend has trashed her flat, and i know her tv is broken now, not sure what has happened, but shes not happy at all, i hate him so much, she shouldnt be with him, but shes trying to make it work for the sake of their child, but i hate not being there her while shes in this relationship if he ever hurts my ickle nephew though i seriously wont be happy!

ReputationRep:
    growing up is hard work had to sit waiting for the counsel for an hour just so i could sign some forms today! thought it would be easy!

TW due to violence
    Spoiler:
    Show
    found out my sisters boyfriend has trashed her flat, and i know her tv is broken now, not sure what has happened, but shes not happy at all, i hate him so much, she shouldnt be with him, but shes trying to make it work for the sake of their child, but i hate not being there her while shes in this relationship if he ever hurts my ickle nephew though i seriously wont be happy!
    bloody anon
    also really panniking about the drs going in a bit, and now also need to try get more meds out of them as i have none left, and the ones my mum posted me have gone missing dont know what ill do if they wont give me any, surely they will have to right? especially if i take my old prescription from my old drs???

Hey everyone. I was wondering if I could get some advice.

I have an appointment with a psychiatrist tomorrow, and I was wondering how likely it will be that I will be sent to hospital. I know you guys aren't professionals or anything like that, but I was just looking for some opinions, so that I have a better idea of what may happen tomorrow, and thereby calm me down.

I saw a therapist on Monday who suggested being in a psych unit may be for the best for me.

Basically, I've been having suicidal thoughts, to the extent that I have figured out a plan, where I will carry it out and when (I've checked when I will be alone in my house).
    I've also become very paranoid, to the extent that I haven't attended any of my lectures since my course started in September. I currently live with other uni students, but have avoided my kitchen and don't eat very much as a result of that. I also force myself to go for as long as possible without food, almost as a method of self-harm. I have started feeling dizzy now and again, so I try to eat, but normally end up binging then not eating for a while.

It's gotten to the extent that I have started staying in hotels just to avoid people. The most likely thing I can see happening tomorrow is the psychiatrist offering me medication. However, is it likely that she will suggest hospitalisation? And if so, would it be the best option? I know none of you can make such a decision for me behind a computer screen, but other people's opinions would be very helpful right now.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone. I was wondering if I could get some advice.

I have an appointment with a psychiatrist tomorrow, and I was wondering how likely it will be that I will be sent to hospital. I know you guys aren't professionals or anything like that, but I was just looking for some opinions, so that I have a better idea of what may happen tomorrow, and thereby calm me down.

I saw a therapist on Monday who suggested being in a psych unit may be for the best for me.

Basically, I've been having suicidal thoughts, to the extent that I have figured out a plan, where I will carry it out and when (I've checked when I will be alone in my house).
    I've also become very paranoid, to the extent that I haven't attended any of my lectures since my course started in September. I currently live with other uni students, but have avoided my kitchen and don't eat very much as a result of that. I also force myself to go for as long as possible without food, almost as a method of self-harm. I have started feeling dizzy now and again, so I try to eat, but normally end up binging then not eating for a while.

It's gotten to the extent that I have started staying in hotels just to avoid people. The most likely thing I can see happening tomorrow is the psychiatrist offering me medication. However, is it likely that she will suggest hospitalisation? And if so, would it be the best option? I know none of you can make such a decision for me behind a computer screen, but other people's opinions would be very helpful right now.

Thanks in advance.
    It sounds like hospitalization might be on the cards for you what with having a plan and date that's usually a pretty big warning sign. There's also the fact you're not eating which is problematic too. However, going to hospital is a last resort and doctors prefer to keep people in the community if at all possible. It might be that they get the crisis team to check on you rather than admitting you. The crisis team can come visit everyday to talk to you and make sure you're ok, they can also give you medication if it seems like it wouldn't be safe to leave it with you.

I think you should be as honest as possible with the psychiatrist, even if that leads to getting admitted. Psych wards aren't nice places to be but they can keep you safe and that's what's important. Given that you have a suicide plan you're obviously not in a good place right now. BUT just because you're ill right now doesn't mean things will be that way forever. You'd also be able to be stabilized on medication which can make a lot of difference to your life.

Hope this helps, best of luck for tomorrow. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    falling apart and im scared, dont know what to do :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Why does everything have to be so bloody difficult? :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Really disappointed in myself. Ate so healthily all day and now I am panic bingeing for no reason and have also just ordered pizza/ice cream delivery…. ffs I am going to become even more overweight now. I had a migraine all day which I am using as an excuse to stuff my face even though it is irrelevant. Why the **** do I have to consume so much food when it is food that makes me unhappy in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    Why does everything have to be so bloody difficult? :cry2:
    I can completely relate to all your posts at the min.. big hugs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 05autyt)
    I can completely relate to all your posts at the min.. big hugs
    Sorry things aren't so good at the moment. :hugs: The offer to PM is always there, if it would ever be helpful. :yep: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry things aren't so good at the moment. :hugs: The offer to PM is always there, if it would ever be helpful. :yep: :hugs:
    Sorry for you too.. And thanks! I just don't know where I am at atm :/ im confused and scared. I don't even know what to do anymore.. so i'll probably take you up on that some time when ill be better conversation. All I ever seem to do is drive people away
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Not a good day. Forgot my tablets 2 days in a row.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Been all over the place all day and freaking out over tiny things. I threw my mouse on the floor and a bunch of stuff across the room then sulked and punched the bed for lilke and hour (while on skype to my bf) cos I wanted to click the mouse once. I also ended up hanging up on my bf randomly and then hurting myself a bit.
    After that I decided to take my tablet even though it was late and my bf is going to remind me to take them tomorrow.

He's trying to get me to go to all ofmy lectures and everythiung but I just cant. it's too much to handle. I can't even remember to eat half the time!

I'm so pathetic! I cant even remain a stable person without ******* drugs! hOU AM i MEANT TO ACHIEVE ANYTHING IN LIFE IF I'M THIS DSMN MESSED UP!?

ReputationRep:
    I know this isn't really mental health but seeing as I post in here anyway….

I've been told today I sound as if I am dyspraxic by my DSA assessor… however she couldn't actually tell me how I get assessed and diagnosed. Anyone know this? Would make a lot of sense.

ReputationRep:
    Horrible day at university, better than not attending and not following at all, but how shall I pass the exams like that or even enjoy my studies?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    My fear of phones is getting ridiculous. I need to call and arrange a room change for tonight and I sent an email but I've had no reply yet. My laptop is broken and the repair company are forcing me to call them to arrange pick-up even though they're my DSA suppliers and I've told them a thousand times that my phone anxiety is too bad to do so.

The learning disability group that I help to run has all gone to pot because two of the senior committee members have started some sort of weird argument that they won't leave alone. So there's a chance I'm going to be moved into a position where I need to make lots of phone calls and I'm too sucky to do so. I can at least do it for the group but my heart will think it's about to explode and I'll be a mess.

Why do I suck so much?

And I'm having crazy anxiety because one of the teenagers in my care at the last meeting had a massive panic attack, lost consciousness and stopped breathing. We did absolutely everything correctly but I worry that if the other first aider hadn't been there then my brain would have exploded or I'd have had a panic attack too.

And I can't pick a topic for my stupid essay because I'm crippled with fear over whether I can choose a good topic or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    My fear of phones is getting ridiculous. I need to call and arrange a room change for tonight and I sent an email but I've had no reply yet. My laptop is broken and the repair company are forcing me to call them to arrange pick-up even though they're my DSA suppliers and I've told them a thousand times that my phone anxiety is too bad to do so.

The learning disability group that I help to run has all gone to pot because two of the senior committee members have started some sort of weird argument that they won't leave alone. So there's a chance I'm going to be moved into a position where I need to make lots of phone calls and I'm too sucky to do so. I can at least do it for the group but my heart will think it's about to explode and I'll be a mess.

Why do I suck so much?

And I'm having crazy anxiety because one of the teenagers in my care at the last meeting had a massive panic attack, lost consciousness and stopped breathing. We did absolutely everything correctly but I worry that if the other first aider hadn't been there then my brain would have exploded or I'd have had a panic attack too.

And I can't pick a topic for my stupid essay because I'm crippled with fear over whether I can choose a good topic or not.
    Oh wow, sounds like you're having it pretty rough :hugs: Have you tried getting over your fear of phones before, instead of avoiding it? I must say im guilty of avoiding things a lot, but i am trying to overcome stuff now, slowly.

Just the whole fear of phones thing is quite limiting to you in many ways, and i think its something you can change.

Don't worry about what didn't happen, but be glad about what did happen. Next time if such a situation ever occurs again, you'll be more prepared :hugs:

EDIT: In regards to deciding what topic to write about, just pick any of your ideas, doesn't matter which, and just start it. It doesn't have to be long, maybe even 30 mins, but just write something, and it might make something click and give you better ideas perhaps.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.