Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Dat boxing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's a bit colloquial for you Jammy. Are you sure you're feeling ok?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Another Olympic record and gold.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    That's a bit colloquial for you Jammy. Are you sure you're feeling ok?
    The plebishness of boxing rubbing off on me for a moment

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    That national anthem was awful, the players so far behind the music

Whichever team wins, it's a win for the British Empire

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The plebishness of boxing rubbing off on me for a moment

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You should be colloquial like that more often.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Not sure why the media are being sympathetic to the girl killed by ISIS. She was a traitor and should have been executed much sooner.

ReputationRep:
    #RIP

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Not sure why the media are being sympathetic to the girl killed by ISIS. She was a traitor and should have been executed much sooner.
    Traitor or not, young, impressionable people going off on the wrong path is always tragic.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by SoggyCabbages)
    #RIP

A week or so i imagine. No different from him taking a holiday. I await his return.

(now to find out what argument he got banned for )

(Original post by RayApparently)
    Traitor or not, young, impressionable people going off on the wrong path is always tragic.
    Normally i'd agree with you however joining ISIS shows malicious intent to the country. In that same vein although i don't generally support the death penalty, i'd strongly support such treason being punishable by death.

ISIS is the UK's number 2 enemy right now, any sympathies towards them must not be tolerated.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Normally i'd agree with you however joining ISIS shows malicious intent to the country. In that same vein although i don't generally support the death penalty, i'd strongly support such treason being punishable by death.

ISIS is the UK's number 2 enemy right now, any sympathies towards them must not be tolerated.
    That's what happens when people have split loyalties between some dodgy extremism and the country. But I consider the pedophile or the serial killer considerably worse than the ISIS defector - and I wouldn't advocate the death penalty on them either.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    That's what happens when people have split loyalties between some dodgy extremism and the country. But I consider the pedophile or the serial killer considerably worse than the ISIS defector - and I wouldn't advocate the death penalty on them either.
    Joining a death cult that wants to brutally murder us all is better than murder or paedophilia?! And I thought you were sensible for Labour!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Peodophile's and killers are rarely acting in the name of another nation and rarely have ideology behind them.

I'm not somebody who is massively nationalist but pledging loyalty to an enemy of the state must be treated in the harshest possible way to discourage further descent.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Peodophile's and killers are rarely acting in the name of another nation and rarely have ideology behind them.

I'm not somebody who is massively nationalist but pledging loyalty to an enemy of the state must be treated in the harshest possible way to discourage further descent.
    Exactly. At least the people with an ideology think they're in the right - even if they are deeply, deeply wrong.

Hmmm. I somehow doubt executions will help keep people loyal.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Exactly. At least the people with an ideology think they're in the right - even if they are deeply, deeply wrong.

Hmmm. I somehow doubt executions will help keep people loyal.
    Dead dissidents dinna dissent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Dead dissidents dinna dissent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    #RIP

LOL
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I don't support execution, but she took the risk and paid for it. Simple.

ReputationRep:
    She went to the school my Nana taught at before she, my Nana, became to unwell, these weren't girls who hated this Country at all, they were deceived by actual Islamic extremists and tricked into running away to ISIS under the illusion of a better life, a loving husband ect. That's why, she likely wasn't even an extremist herself, but tricked, deceived and really betrayed by those likely in a position of intimate trust.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    She went to the school my Nana taught at before she, my Nana, became to unwell, these weren't girls who hated this Country at all, they were deceived by actual Islamic extremists and tricked into running away to ISIS under the illusion of a better life, a loving husband ect. That's why, she likely wasn't even an extremist herself, but tricked, deceived and really betrayed by those likely in a position of intimate trust.
    In which case Darwinism simply runs it's course

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    #RIP

I thank the Honourable Member for advising us of the Prime Minister's absence.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.