ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Meaty_man)
    Oh wow, sounds like you're having it pretty rough :hugs: Have you tried getting over your fear of phones before, instead of avoiding it? I must say im guilty of avoiding things a lot, but i am trying to overcome stuff now, slowly.

Just the whole fear of phones thing is quite limiting to you in many ways, and i think its something you can change.

Don't worry about what didn't happen, but be glad about what did happen. Next time if such a situation ever occurs again, you'll be more prepared :hugs:

EDIT: In regards to deciding what topic to write about, just pick any of your ideas, doesn't matter which, and just start it. It doesn't have to be long, maybe even 30 mins, but just write something, and it might make something click and give you better ideas perhaps.
    I managed to sort out tonight's room issue by calling but it was awkward and I had to repeat several times.

I had cbt for it last year but it was too hard and I gave up I'm getting a little better but sometimes it's just too hard.

Thanks for the essay advice! I'll give that a go later. I'm supervising the group for a film night so I can at least do some of it then. Just really get myself into such a state worrying it'll never be good enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    I managed to sort out tonight's room issue by calling but it was awkward and I had to repeat several times.

I had cbt for it last year but it was too hard and I gave up I'm getting a little better but sometimes it's just too hard.

Thanks for the essay advice! I'll give that a go later. I'm supervising the group for a film night so I can at least do some of it then. Just really get myself into such a state worrying it'll never be good enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pat yourself on the back though, doing something that terrifies you, and repeatedly, isn't easy! Yeah i heard cbt doesn't work for everyone, but don't know until you try.

I worry a lot too, but it does make us more alert and aware, which is good for a few things at least. I daresay the constant worry makes you tired? At least it does for me, im not sure if anxiety or depression is my main problem tbh, but they go hand in hand anyways.

I'm sure your essay will end up fine if you put enough time into it Something that has worked for me recently is, instead of saying to yourself "i'll do it later" and constantly putting it off, just do something the moment you think of it, if you can. It may sound strange but mental problems aren't exactly logical

ReputationRep:
    I've had a particularly unproductive reading week and decided to log my thought for the day on coping with a lack of motivation in depression. If you have a few moments spare please check it out and see if you can relate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89zQ-...=youtube_gdata

Incandescent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incandescent)
    I've had a particularly unproductive reading week and decided to log my thought for the day on coping with a lack of motivation in depression. If you have a few moments spare please check it out and see if you can relate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89zQ-...=youtube_gdata

Incandescent
    I've sent you a PM

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunfowers01)
    I've sent you a PM

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just seen it, will reply now

ReputationRep:
    my day
    I am literally having a bad week. I don't know what's wrong with me this week. I have had no motivation for life and just want to sleep all day and everyday. I haven't ran in almost two weeks. I am completely useless as a person.

I have been doing my usual days at work but I have been sleeping as soon as I get home and this is like 5pm. I have been eating more than usual

I don't enjoy anything at the moment and can't concentrate at all.

My LDR has called me out for being sad lately and is like 'how long is this sadness/mood going to last?' When someone that significant in your life doesn't understand then I shouldn't expect anyone else to.

I just want to hibernate

ReputationRep:
    I have meds :woo:
    Also have some meds to hopefully sort my pain out but have lots if bloods robbed from me on tuesday so scared of the outcome eeeeek.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    My fear of phones is getting ridiculous. I need to call and arrange a room change for tonight and I sent an email but I've had no reply yet. My laptop is broken and the repair company are forcing me to call them to arrange pick-up even though they're my DSA suppliers and I've told them a thousand times that my phone anxiety is too bad to do so.

The learning disability group that I help to run has all gone to pot because two of the senior committee members have started some sort of weird argument that they won't leave alone. So there's a chance I'm going to be moved into a position where I need to make lots of phone calls and I'm too sucky to do so. I can at least do it for the group but my heart will think it's about to explode and I'll be a mess.

Why do I suck so much?

And I'm having crazy anxiety because one of the teenagers in my care at the last meeting had a massive panic attack, lost consciousness and stopped breathing. We did absolutely everything correctly but I worry that if the other first aider hadn't been there then my brain would have exploded or I'd have had a panic attack too.

And I can't pick a topic for my stupid essay because I'm crippled with fear over whether I can choose a good topic or not.
    Can you get your girlfriend to help with the phone calls?

I am sure you will find a good essay topic

ReputationRep:
    So, today. :nothing: Was told I am paranoid, that I'm not eating anywhere near enough and found out that hospital is happening a heck of a lot sooner than I thought. :sad: The only way is up I suppose.
    Life. :facepalm:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by tasha96)
    The only way is up I suppose.
    That's the spirit! :yep: :lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    That's the spirit! :yep: :lovehug:
    That's this weeks optimism quota all used up.

:loveduck:

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently involved in a project aimed to support survivors of sexual violence and abuse and raise awareness of the subject. I'm not sure yet if it's OK for me to share the link here (TSR anti-advertising rules, though obviously it's not-for-profit and totally non-commercial). But if anyone is interested in being involved, or would be willing to share the link to the project on their facebook/twitter/other social network, we would appreciate it a huge huge amount.

It's a collaborative project from students at several different UK universities and we all feel really passionately about the subject and really want to spread the word to as many people as possible, so if anyone is interested in contributing, sharing or just having a look, please reply to this post and I'll PM you. Thanks guys.

---

Stuff in my personal life isn't going so well. Spending a lot of time being supervised because I'm generally not that safe on my own. Therapy went pretty horrible yesterday, and considering the possibility that I'm in/going into a mixed episode, due to extreme productivity and speech too pressured/rapid to be understood, but also extreme dysphoria. I'm trying to channel the energy into constructive project (mentioned above) but it's really scary when I see people and they are worried by my mental state. I just feel like I'm one slip away from needing to go to A&E and I really don't want that, but being in this high-energy dysphoria makes me very impulsive, and alongside other issues it's just not that good. I really hope stuff gets better soon. Turning 21 on Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    I've been sectioned.

Could any of you please tell me what I'm allowed to bring with me?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by asdfgah)
    I'm currently involved in a project aimed to support survivors of sexual violence and abuse and raise awareness of the subject. I'm not sure yet if it's OK for me to share the link here (TSR anti-advertising rules, though obviously it's not-for-profit and totally non-commercial). But if anyone is interested in being involved, or would be willing to share the link to the project on their facebook/twitter/other social network, we would appreciate it a huge huge amount.

It's a collaborative project from students at several different UK universities and we all feel really passionately about the subject and really want to spread the word to as many people as possible, so if anyone is interested in contributing, sharing or just having a look, please reply to this post and I'll PM you. Thanks guys.

---

Stuff in my personal life isn't going so well. Spending a lot of time being supervised because I'm generally not that safe on my own. Therapy went pretty horrible yesterday, and considering the possibility that I'm in/going into a mixed episode, due to extreme productivity and speech too pressured/rapid to be understood, but also extreme dysphoria. I'm trying to channel the energy into constructive project (mentioned above) but it's really scary when I see people and they are worried by my mental state. I just feel like I'm one slip away from needing to go to A&E and I really don't want that, but being in this high-energy dysphoria makes me very impulsive, and alongside other issues it's just not that good. I really hope stuff gets better soon. Turning 21 on Sunday.
    Send me some info
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by tasha96)
    That's this weeks optimism quota all used up.

:loveduck:
    I'll make an optimist out of you yet! :yep:

---

Already shared on Facebook :yep: :jumphug: :yep:

(Original post by lonelybrummie)
    I've been sectioned.

Not sure, but good luck! :hugs:

ReputationRep:

---

Ill be happy to share it, i have lots of youth work friends aswell so they may find it interest or know someone who would be perfect for it so send me a link

Hope your able to have a good day on sunday though :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonelybrummie)
    I've been sectioned.

It varies from ward to ward - some places will allow say an MP3 player and headphones, others won't. Good things to bring:
    - entertainment - books, magazines, music if allowed, any portable hobbies (I did a lot of knitting in hospital), pens and paper if you want to draw or write to people (if you're lucky you'll have internet access, but not necessarily)
    - clothes
    - some money (nurses might go to the shops for you)
    - cigarettes/lighter if you smoke (nurses will hold onto them for you)
    - phone/charger (may or may not be allowed)
    - snacks! Hospital food sucks

That's all I can think of for now, I'll update if there's anything else I think of tonight. Good luck!

Has anyone here ever used the crisis chat website IMAlive? They seem to have no available volunteers atm, and it's telling me to keep the chat window open so that when a volunteer becomes free, I can type to them but the window keeps closing itself so I was wondering if that is normal. Thanks

ReputationRep:

---

I'd be happy to share it. :wavey:
    Hugs about the second half of your post. Hope you're okay. :hugs:

ReputationRep:

---

I would be happy to share links / etc.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.