(Original post by Fideo)

Haha I know so many girls
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1420302325.491952.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  24.2 KB
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fideo)
    At our age that could definitely be the case but I reckon as you get older men are more likely to drink more and even become alcoholics as they tend to have more addictive personalities and maybe use it as a way of coping with stress whereas women have better outlets.

Haha I know so many girls like that, boys just seem to have more hobbies in general
    That's a good point, maybe it just depends on what age group you survey. At our age range (18-25) it'll definitely be women.

I just don't understand it, all guys have at least 1 interest whether it's football, gym, cars, gaming but you meet so many girls who just don't have anything. One girl I know graduated last summer and she's stayed here living with her friends still at uni, in 6 months she's made no effort to find a job and she's just pissing away her savings on going out multiple times a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Hasn't it been proven that women drink more than men when requirements are taken into account? Women suffer from the effects of alcohol more so it's easier for them to get drunk, they get worse hangovers etc.
    I'm sure I've seen that as well hence my post.

It certainly wouldn't surprise me, I've known so many women who have absolutely no hobbies or interests besides going out with ''the girls''.

ma girlies pmsl xox

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    That's a good point, maybe it just depends on what age group you survey. At our age range (18-25) it'll definitely be women.

I just don't understand it, all guys have at least 1 interest whether it's football, gym, cars, gaming but you meet so many girls who just don't have anything. One girl I know graduated last summer and she's stayed here living with her friends still at uni, in 6 months she's made no effort to find a job and she's just pissing away her savings on going out multiple times a week.
    That girl is probably depressed tbh or she has a lot of money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDukem)
    Born in 1994.

It feels weird how people that were born in 2000 will be/are 15 (/16 I think) this year. My first memories are around 1997/8 :eek:
    Yeah it feels weird time is going by way too quickly. Need to make something of it.

(Original post by IceJJFish(II))

Forgot I haven't done it. It just seems like there's no achievements as of yet and I'm nearly 20, the new year got me thinking this.
    You're doing dentistry fam, will be on serious K in the future. You have achieved a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)

You're doing dentistry fam, will be on serious K in the future. You have achieved a lot.
    Thanks man appreciate it. I guess so, it's just I see that as a future thing (as I don't graduate for years), just at this point in the present I don't have anything if that makes sense? Been reading a lot recently and you see examples of 16 year olds leading Armies in war or making groundbreaking discoveries in science. I know these are exceptional people but still.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/30665320

Biebs supports Everton LOL..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/30665320

Biebs supports Everton LOL..
    He looks awful in that pic, I'm usually a fan of his dress/fashion sense but jeeez.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    That girl is probably depressed tbh or she has a lot of money.
    Nah she's not depressed, just very work shy/lazy. She was claiming job seekers until they wanted her to take some classes, then she signed off :rolleyes: I really don't like people with that kind of attitude, never speak to her she's just a friend of a friend.

Not sure how people are happy to live like that anyway, this is my 6th week of unemployment and i'm bored ****less!

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, can i join tis misc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    I'm sure I've seen that as well hence my post.

ma girlies pmsl xox

:lol: Rofl, just such **** bants. They have no banter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biggusdiccus)
    hey guys, can i join tis misc?

Hi FK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Hi FK
    It's not me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Nah she's not depressed, just very work shy/lazy. She was claiming job seekers until they wanted her to take some classes, then she signed off :rolleyes: I really don't like people with that kind of attitude, never speak to her she's just a friend of a friend.

Not sure how people are happy to live like that anyway, this is my 6th week of unemployment and i'm bored ****less!
    So there is a direct correlation between having a job and you being successful in the eyes of your peers?

You make me laugh. For all you know she is starting a company, has higher ambitions and is forming plans or she is simply lazy.

Most individuals make decisions to hastily and fall into the trap of becoming a specific part of society, and die. Job done. Clap Clap.

Real success does not happen overnight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JulianRothschild)
    So there is a direct correlation between having a job and you being successful in the eyes of your peers?

You make me laugh. For all you know she is starting a company, has higher ambitions and is forming plans or she is simply lazy.

Most individuals make decisions to hastily and fall into the trap of becoming a specific part of society, and die. Job done. Clap Clap.

hi SUG

ReputationRep:

I disagree with this. It's a pipe-dream to believe you're gonna be that one who makes the big bucks, and in any case the people that do will be visibly hard-working. Best chance you've got in this world is to get your head down, work your ass off and hope you get a big break.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:

I have no respect for people who just laze around doing nothing without good reason (e.g illness, disability).

Who's dupe are you anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Hi FK
    hi ar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I have no respect for people who just laze around doing nothing without good reason (e.g illness, disability).

Who's dupe are you anyway

I told you he's SUG

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    I disagree with this. It's a pipe-dream to believe you're gonna be that one who makes the big bucks, and in any case the people that do will be visibly hard-working. Best chance you've got in this world is to get your head down, work your ass off and hope you get a big break.
    No offence mate. But only past experience and past success determines what your capabilities are as an individual.

I guess you have never ventured into any form of entrepreneurship venture to test yourself and your creativity.

England is a very working class society. You need someone to hold your hand whilst you walk the street.

Go to America and tell any guy before he starts a venture, well hold on a minute, you do realise you're taking a huge risk?

There is no risk when everything logically points to success.

You have the blueprint? Now do you want to do it or do you want the world to hold your hand?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.