Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how we feeling about tonight guys?

if i'm honest, i'm 10x more confident for the everton match than i am for this one.
    i feel like lennon will use a different style this time around and catch us off guard.
    i have no doubt we'll score but bolton are a decent side and they will be absolutely going all out for this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

if i'm honest, i'm 10x more confident for the everton match than i am for this one.
    i feel like lennon will use a different style this time around and catch us off guard.
    i have no doubt we'll score but bolton are a decent side and they will be absolutely going all out for this.
    I'm feeling quite confident about tonight, even though its away and Bolton will giving it their all our form has been great and our team is 100x better than theirs. My only concern is if we'll be able to put away the chances we create, as long as we are clinical and score early on in the game we should win.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Everton's form has been **** but they'll turn up against you guys as per usual.

Tonight should be interesting, you'll win though.

ReputationRep:
    cheering for you guys tonight actually.

I know it keeps a top team in the tournement, which should be bad for arsenal.. but I would rather you stay in, and increase the number of other top teams that can knock out united..

A game between aresenal vs liverpool, could go either way, especially depending whose ground its on.. and I would quite like to see that fixture..

But I fancy you guys far more for upsetting united and pulling off a performance against them. so hope you stay in, and can do the dirty work for arsenal, by knocking out united
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)

I know it keeps a top team in the tournement, which should be bad for arsenal.. but I would rather you stay in, and increase the number of other top teams that can knock out united..

A game between aresenal vs liverpool, could go either way, especially depending whose ground its on.. and I would quite like to see that fixture..

But I fancy you guys far more for upsetting united and pulling off a performance against them. so hope you stay in, and can do the dirty work for arsenal, by knocking out united
    Good little theory there but never a guarantee! For all we know it could backfire, next round it's Arsenal v United/Liverpool then we get knocked out...next round they get some of the smaller teams, knock them out as well then boom it's a United v Liverpool final.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KFC Buffet)
    The evidence is that he's scored no goals since October and that Lille are awful and not playing the style of football that he should be playing.

Flanagan and Sterling both came into the team after a long period of time where they no doubt improved in training.

I pointed out the worst case scenario on the last page and I don't think £4m is really enough to impact us.

The difference is that Ibe is not a striker and never will be one, whereas Origi is a striker and could have served that purpose for us right now.

The ship has sailed but the ripples it created are still reaching the coast. Not bringing Origi back could be a tsunami on our top four hopes/
    So he's struggling in a Lille side that finished 3rd last season but he was going to arrive at Liverpool and suddenly become our saviour? £4.7mil is a lot of money in the world of FFP. Let's not ignore how many cheap deals we've been making to add to our squad depth. The only reason we didn't see so many cheap deals last summer was because of the Suarez money.

Sterling isn't a striker but he's done well playing as one. Don't see how Sterling, who could never be a striker, is doing well for us but Ibe never could.

Tbh I imagine we wont even see Origi much next season as we'll give him time to develop. I think you forget he's still a raw 19 year old with potential.

(Original post by Dprince)
    Coutinho wasn't playing well at Inter when we brought him, Sturridge wasn't playing well at Chelsea. Aside from that the argument is that players who aren't in form aren't likely to be brought. Could you name any from United who were brought when they weren't in form, or Chelsea, Arsenal, City?
    Sturridge and Coutinho were just being misused at Chelsea and Inter. Balotelli got 41 games under his belt last season at AC Milan. Man Utd, Chelsea and City have always bought at the top end of the market so it's not a fair comparison. They've always bought star youngsters or players in their peak who are in good form. Arsenal have mainly bought youngsters for years now.

I was talking more about transfers like J.Cole where we thought we could bring back to "form".

(Original post by Mackay)
    This discussion about Origi is totally redundant imo. He'll end up being the new ****ing Ngog at this rate.
    Ngog was good We did pretty well to buy for £1.5mil and sell for £4mil
    Only scored one less goal than Origi in 9 less games :awesome:

(Original post by Lúcio)

I had a dream that Lucas scored 2 amazing long range shots
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Ngog was good We did pretty well to buy for £1.5mil and sell for £4mil
    Only scored one less goal than Origi in 9 less games :awesome:
    Amazing thing is that Bolton recouped some money for him when Swansea signed him. He was terrible there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    I'm feeling quite confident about tonight, even though its away and Bolton will giving it their all our form has been great and our team is 100x better than theirs. My only concern is if we'll be able to put away the chances we create, as long as we are clinical and score early on in the game we should win.
    that's fair enough.
    there's no way they'll defend like that again for a full match, especially since they'll be looking to score so we'll have much more space.
    add that to the fact that i believe bogdan (their GK) is out injured, we shouldn't have a problem.
    as for us being clinical, i think sturridge coming back has lifted us all; hopefully we won't have another shocker in front of goal.

you can never underestimate a side with good form and a good manager.
    don't expect a comfortable win, just hope for one.

(Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Everton's form has been **** but they'll turn up against you guys as per usual.

Tonight should be interesting, you'll win though.
    everton have had a terrible, terrible season.
    but of course as we all know for an individual derby game, form seldom matters.

i feel like merely the quality difference will be enough for us to win though.
    there's literally nobody in their side that worries me.
    add that to the fact that coutinho is on fire and we have great cohesion in attack - should be interesting.

i agree; we're much more likely to knock united out than you guys are
    however if it's all the same, i'd rather you both draw each other just for the lols.
    you could have 6 penalties and you somehow wouldn't bloody beat them.

I had a dream that Lucas scored 2 amazing long range shots
    you know it's a dream if lucas scores

ReputationRep:

If they go through, i'm 50% sure you'll draw them in the 6th round

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It's actually been quite refreshing to see LVG give the FA Cup some credit during this week. Sure, it's the only silverware he can win this year - but they are taking it seriously, and they have few excuses now if they fall short.

I'd love to have them at Anfield in the QFs tbh. It would be a totally different game from early-December. If we get past Bolton and Palace, of course.

ReputationRep:
    So he's struggling in a Lille side that finished 3rd last season but he was going to arrive at Liverpool and suddenly become our saviour? £4.7mil is a lot of money in the world of FFP. Let's not ignore how many cheap deals we've been making to add to our squad depth. The only reason we didn't see so many cheap deals last summer was because of the Suarez money.

Sterling isn't a striker but he's done well playing as one. Don't see how Sterling, who could never be a striker, is doing well for us but Ibe never could.

Tbh I imagine we wont even see Origi much next season as we'll give him time to develop. I think you forget he's still a raw 19 year old with potential.
    We don't need to create any more cheap deals because we don't have the gaps in the squad that need filling anymore. £4m is peanuts for a gamble on our CL qualification. Anyway we do differ here and there's nothing left to say.

Sterling has done well playing as a striker because he has immense game intelligence, has been taught/knows how to make in runs behind the back line, and is a serviceable finisher.

Ibe has none of those qualities and has never had, throughout his youth career, whereas Sterling always showed them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    It's actually been quite refreshing to see LVG give the FA Cup some credit during this week. Sure, it's the only silverware he can win this year - but they are taking it seriously, and they have few excuses now if they fall short.

I'd love to have them at Anfield in the QFs tbh. It would be a totally different game from early-December. If we get past Bolton and Palace, of course.
    Nah I don't think it is. Let's be honest, it's the only trophy that Man Utd can win with no Europe, being knocked out the League Cup and being average at best in the league. We took the cups seriously last year too because we had no Europe.

(Original post by KFC Buffet)
    We don't need to create any more cheap deals because we don't have the gaps in the squad that need filling anymore. £4m is peanuts for a gamble on our CL qualification. Anyway we do differ here and there's nothing left to say.

Sterling has done well playing as a striker because he has immense game intelligence, has been taught/knows how to make in runs behind the back line, and is a serviceable finisher.

Ibe has none of those qualities and has never had, throughout his youth career, whereas Sterling always showed them.
    Hmm I dunno. We're probably looking at a new LB to replace Enrique and potentially a new RB if Flanagan/Johnson don't sign a new contract. That along with everyone agreeing that we need to spend big on a striker, a goalkeeper and maybe somewhere in between for a CB. We don't really have many players to sell for much value in the summer? Although our wage bill will go down quite a bit.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Rumoured line-up doing the rounds on Twitter:

Mignolet, Can, Sakho, Skrtel, Moreno, Markovic, Allen, Gerrard, Coutinho, Lallana, Sterling.

Coutinho could have done with a rest alongside Henderson and Lucas imo, perhaps played Sterling in his position and give Borini/Lambert a go up top.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Allen, Gerrard, Moreno, Markovic, Lallana, Coutinho, Sterling

Subs: Ward, Johnson, Lambert, Henderson, Sturridge, Manquillo, Borini

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Allen, Gerrard, Moreno, Markovic, Lallana, Coutinho, Sterling

Subs: Ward, Johnson, Lambert, Henderson, Sturridge, Manquillo, Borini
    shame about allen but it's not a bad team really.
    not sure how well we'll cope without lucas...i guess we'll find out.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    James Pearce says Lucas out with a thigh problem, should be ok for Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    Is Balotelli injured?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Is Balotelli injured?
    No. Just ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubzeh)
    No. Just ****.
    So has he been permanently dropped then or what? When was the last time he played?

Something's not right if he can't even make the bench for a cup game.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    So has he been permanently dropped then or what? When was the last time he played?

Something's not right if he can't even make the bench for a cup game.
    He's basically been told he won't make the team until he completely alters his gameplay.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a Festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.