The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SA-1
So we have injuries to 10 players, 6/7 of whom are potential starters & yet we can still field:

Cech
Debuchy Merta Gabriel Monreal
Coq Santi
Campbell Ozil Alexis
Giroud

That side will beat a lot of teams imo, the games it'll lose will probably be via the weak links.. & even then Cech is more than capable of saving us. A few seasons ago we'd have been ****ed.

That really is something in terms of squad depth..

Considering Kosc, Bellerin, Ramsey, Theo & Ox return pretty soon.. we don't have much to worry about. They'll be back for the Xmas period which is so crucial.

Reckon the next two or three games will need to be ugly wins, which we're more than capable of.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely.

Bar the few week links in our squad who don't even need to start (Flam, Arteta, maybe Chambers until he learns CB properly), we are more than strong enough to deal with most teams we will be facing.

Players like Gibbs, Debuchy, Campbell & Mertesacker just need to perform to the standard that they are capable of, which is only going to happen if they get game time (and when Mert has Kosc back alongside him).
it'll be the "rebirth of Alli Dier" on Monday morning's papers...
Albeit I haven't watched him this season, but wonder if Debuchy got some regular starts he'd be a lot better than he is at the moment. Sure the erratic performance here and there doesn't help. His two freak injuries last season disrupted any momentum too, he's better than he is at the moment, though he was overrated initially I thought, as he was never that good a defender as such, with more attacking qualities.
Original post by Gob Bluth
Albeit I haven't watched him this season, but wonder if Debuchy got some regular starts he'd be a lot better than he is at the moment. Sure the erratic performance here and there doesn't help. His two freak injuries last season disrupted any momentum too, he's better than he is at the moment, though he was overrated initially I thought, as he was never that good a defender as such, with more attacking qualities.

That why I reckon its only a matter of time before he comes good again, but by then Bellerin will be back lol.

Tbh its pretty obvious he was only meant to be a temporary replacement for Sagna. Wenger knew of Bellerin's potential long before he came into the first team - he just didn't bank on him pocketing Hazard and the like so early on.

Debuchy's definitely gone before next season. I'm interested as to whether Jenko will be willing to come back and play second fiddle.
Reply 9844
Original post by Use Err Name
That why I reckon its only a matter of time before he comes good again, but by then Bellerin will be back lol.

Tbh its pretty obvious he was only meant to be a temporary replacement for Sagna. Wenger knew of Bellerin's potential long before he came into the first team - he just didn't bank on him pocketing Hazard and the like so early on.

Debuchy's definitely gone before next season. I'm interested as to whether Jenko will be willing to come back and play second fiddle.

If Debuchy does go then Jenko will come back in imo, and Wenger will probably play between the two. I imagine one or the other will be used like Gibbs - I.e, bringing them on to close down a game to replace someone like Ozil.

I don't think Debuchy will leave this season tbh, as much as he cries about not being played.. I can't see him starting anywhere atm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay
That Wenger interview is pretty ****ing bizarre, to be honest. What is it with the French? Cantona was the same.

What was bizarre about it? It was so poetic. It could easily be a chapter from the prophet.
Arsene legitimately destroys the field. Dressing like a single man, back in the game.
Original post by atom y humber
What was bizarre about it? It was so poetic. It could easily be a chapter from the prophet.

Exactly. That's what is so bizarre about it.

It's a stark contrast to English footballers, and football personalities.
2014-2015 is going to go down as a really ****ty year for fashion when we look back at it.

Those huge shoes, jeans roled up to see the ankles like you've bought poorly fitting clothes/ waged then 100 times and they've shrunk, girls in some of the most hideous jumpsuits known to man, awful lafs haircuts either swagfag/boyband (some look ok but on the whole they look ********y) or preditor/excon style. Shocking

Only thing worse is some of the south east Asian lads you see on the train, who knew a bowl cut level to the top of the ear and shaved to a 1 belowe was style, or having half one side shaved and the other side swished over. It's painfully poor, and don't get me started on some of these lads outfits, if this is how the young are dressed in south east Asia, then I have no intentions of going there ever because the outfits 90% of them wear make them look like the definition of *****.

I know I'm not the king of style, but how you dress goes a big way to showing your personality and I'd like to think my dress sense isn't dreadful enough that people on the tube look at me like I'm some sort off mug.

To go back to arsenal must win Sunday, going into the internationals on the back of 2losses wouldn't be pretty
Original post by leinad2012
2014-2015 is going to go down as a really ****ty year for fashion when we look back at it.

Those huge shoes, jeans roled up to see the ankles like you've bought poorly fitting clothes/ waged then 100 times and they've shrunk, girls in some of the most hideous jumpsuits known to man, awful lafs haircuts either swagfag/boyband (some look ok but on the whole they look ********y) or preditor/excon style. Shocking

Only thing worse is some of the south east Asian lads you see on the train, who knew a bowl cut level to the top of the ear and shaved to a 1 belowe was style, or having half one side shaved and the other side swished over. It's painfully poor, and don't get me started on some of these lads outfits, if this is how the young are dressed in south east Asia, then I have no intentions of going there ever because the outfits 90% of them wear make them look like the definition of *****.

I know I'm not the king of style, but how you dress goes a big way to showing your personality and I'd like to think my dress sense isn't dreadful enough that people on the tube look at me like I'm some sort off mug.

To go back to arsenal must win Sunday, going into the internationals on the back of 2losses wouldn't be pretty

Thing is, British designers are pretty damn good. It's just that the general populace somehow manage to dress poorly despite that.

Ted Baker for example. Ray Kelvin's work is absolutely magnificent and if you look at their clothing (e.g. blazers) they blend into the very fabric of traditional British surroundings/architecture.
Why hasn't Ramsey's goal v Galatasaray been nominated for the Puskas Award? Shambles.
Original post by leinad2012

Chill out man. What's the issue with people having different style. The world would be so ****ing boring if we all did same ****. Like you said it's all about expression and we live at a time where most people can't express themselves. Most Asian dress better than westerners. SEA is easily from a westerner POV the GOATest region in the world. You're limiting yourself to missing out on a lot.
(edited 8 years ago)
Arsenal fans were furious at Wenger for turning Fabregas down, but he's having the last laugh
Original post by sr90
Arsenal fans were furious at Wenger for turning Fabregas down, but he's having the last laugh

Honestly, even at the time I would have been absolutely raging if we got rid of Ozil for Fabregas. Not to say I didn't want to sign Cesc, I was almost as annoyed that we didn't. He has his flaws but most of the time Arsene is right in the end, especially when it comes to signing players. Still want him gone though unless he can win us the title.
Arsene Wenger is the perfect human being.

Love him more than Arsenal.
Original post by Zürich
Arsene Wenger is the perfect human being.

Love him more than Arsenal.

Please say that was sarcasm. Especially the second statement.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Please say that was sarcasm. Especially the second statement.

yea seen some of your posts.

Speaking as a Highbury man, you try too hard.
btw I'll be the Crown on holloway road from 9am tomorrow

Feel free to say hello to the two blonde guys at the bar who switch to Dutch randomly
Original post by Zürich
yea seen some of your posts.

Speaking as a Highbury man, you try too hard.

I just say what I think man.

Latest