(Original post by Tom.x.Gotze)
    We got bummed by Bayern.
    You'd know a fair amount about that.
    Soz not soz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    You'd know a fair amount about that.
    Soz not soz.
    Mario is the only one for me. Soz not soz.

Legit 9/10.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Un ****ing acceptable that we were only clapped by Mertesacker and Cech after the final whistle. We spend so much money to see a ****-show like that, we at least deserve an acknowledgement.

ReputationRep:
    Bellerin still out. How many chances is Debuchy going to screw up for us...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    No words for Debuchy..

Hope Bellerin is back soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Could just play flam at right back. Or risk Debuchy again in the hope that he regains form with game time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Looking for Arsenal fans in this thread after they've lost a game be like...

Looking for The Shed End on this thread after being banned like...

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised Chambers isn't being played at right back tbh

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Princess Lyrical. Or Queen Cersei

With Chambers at RB last season: W5 D2 L4. Would have to look at his individual performance then to be sure whether he is suitable for RB

ReputationRep:
    I doubt SR or LP had anything to do with it tbh

ReputationRep:
    So we have injuries to 10 players, 6/7 of whom are potential starters & yet we can still field:

Cech
    Debuchy Merta Gabriel Monreal
    Coq Santi
    Campbell Ozil Alexis
    Giroud

That side will beat a lot of teams imo, the games it'll lose will probably be via the weak links.. & even then Cech is more than capable of saving us. A few seasons ago we'd have been ****ed.

That really is something in terms of squad depth..

Considering Kosc, Bellerin, Ramsey, Theo & Ox return pretty soon.. we don't have much to worry about. They'll be back for the Xmas period which is so crucial.

Reckon the next two or three games will need to be ugly wins, which we're more than capable of.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That side is no worse then the one we had in 2013/2014 tbh
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    That Wenger interview is pretty ****ing bizarre, to be honest. What is it with the French? Cantona was the same.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by SA-1)
    So we have injuries to 10 players, 6/7 of whom are potential starters & yet we can still field:

Cech
    Debuchy Merta Gabriel Monreal
    Coq Santi
    Campbell Ozil Alexis
    Giroud

That side will beat a lot of teams imo, the games it'll lose will probably be via the weak links.. & even then Cech is more than capable of saving us. A few seasons ago we'd have been ****ed.

That really is something in terms of squad depth..

Considering Kosc, Bellerin, Ramsey, Theo & Ox return pretty soon.. we don't have much to worry about. They'll be back for the Xmas period which is so crucial.

Reckon the next two or three games will need to be ugly wins, which we're more than capable of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Definitely.

Bar the few week links in our squad who don't even need to start (Flam, Arteta, maybe Chambers until he learns CB properly), we are more than strong enough to deal with most teams we will be facing.

Players like Gibbs, Debuchy, Campbell & Mertesacker just need to perform to the standard that they are capable of, which is only going to happen if they get game time (and when Mert has Kosc back alongside him).

ReputationRep:
    it'll be the "rebirth of Alli Dier" on Monday morning's papers...

ReputationRep:
    Albeit I haven't watched him this season, but wonder if Debuchy got some regular starts he'd be a lot better than he is at the moment. Sure the erratic performance here and there doesn't help. His two freak injuries last season disrupted any momentum too, he's better than he is at the moment, though he was overrated initially I thought, as he was never that good a defender as such, with more attacking qualities.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Albeit I haven't watched him this season, but wonder if Debuchy got some regular starts he'd be a lot better than he is at the moment. Sure the erratic performance here and there doesn't help. His two freak injuries last season disrupted any momentum too, he's better than he is at the moment, though he was overrated initially I thought, as he was never that good a defender as such, with more attacking qualities.
    That why I reckon its only a matter of time before he comes good again, but by then Bellerin will be back lol.

Tbh its pretty obvious he was only meant to be a temporary replacement for Sagna. Wenger knew of Bellerin's potential long before he came into the first team - he just didn't bank on him pocketing Hazard and the like so early on.

Debuchy's definitely gone before next season. I'm interested as to whether Jenko will be willing to come back and play second fiddle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Use Err Name)
    That why I reckon its only a matter of time before he comes good again, but by then Bellerin will be back lol.

Tbh its pretty obvious he was only meant to be a temporary replacement for Sagna. Wenger knew of Bellerin's potential long before he came into the first team - he just didn't bank on him pocketing Hazard and the like so early on.

Debuchy's definitely gone before next season. I'm interested as to whether Jenko will be willing to come back and play second fiddle.
    If Debuchy does go then Jenko will come back in imo, and Wenger will probably play between the two. I imagine one or the other will be used like Gibbs - I.e, bringing them on to close down a game to replace someone like Ozil.

I don't think Debuchy will leave this season tbh, as much as he cries about not being played.. I can't see him starting anywhere atm

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    That Wenger interview is pretty ****ing bizarre, to be honest. What is it with the French? Cantona was the same.
    What was bizarre about it? It was so poetic. It could easily be a chapter from the prophet.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.