Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    She went to the school my Nana taught at before she, my Nana, became to unwell, these weren't girls who hated this Country at all, they were deceived by actual Islamic extremists and tricked into running away to ISIS under the illusion of a better life, a loving husband ect. That's why, she likely wasn't even an extremist herself, but tricked, deceived and really betrayed by those likely in a position of intimate trust.
    As much as the girls may have been nice and well rounded at one point, you don't join a terrorist group at war with your country simply for being tricked. It may have been buried deep within, but the hatred was there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    As much as the girls may have been nice and well rounded at one point, you don't join a terrorist group at war with your country simply for being tricked. It may have been buried deep within, but the hatred was there.
    Don't agree, I think you grossly overestimate the intelligence of some people.

ReputationRep:
    At times you seem to have a comic book view of reality. That there exists pure good v pure evil.

There's no such thing as objective morality. There is no inherently good or evil.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    At times you seem to have a comic book view of reality. That there exists pure good v pure evil.

There's no such thing as objective morality. There is no inherently good or evil.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As soon as personal perspective comes into the mix such things do exist

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think that there should be drinks in the bar to celebrate the latest Olympic medals won by the UK team.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I think that there should be drinks in the bar to celebrate the latest Olympic medals won by the UK team.
    More to come later, speaking of which, I really don't get men who do dressage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    More to come later, speaking of which, I really don't get men who do dressage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Equestrian events are one of the few where women and men compete on equal terms.

Sir Bradley and the other cyclists set a world record in the heats
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Equestrian events are one of the few where women and men compete on equal terms.

Sir Bradley and the other cyclists set a world record in the heats
    It's because the greater physical fitness of the men is irrelevant, although the women are certainly more comfortable unless they have massive knockers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Olympic gold and world record.

We rule the Velodrome.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

We rule the Velodrome.
    Only at the Olympics though, according to Hoy we're nowhere near as good in between games.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

We rule the Velodrome.
    Let's not forget the rowing though, Britania rule the waves.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Only at the Olympics though, according to Hoy we're nowhere near as good in between games.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We have to let other nations win sometimes.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    4 gold today, up into third, with another half dozen or so expected over the next few days

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow Bradley Wiggins. Gotta have a shout to be regarded as Britain's best ever sportsman.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Wow Bradley Wiggins. Gotta have a shout to be regarded as Britain's best ever sportsman.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which, to be fair, he probably isn't and won't be regarded as such in 20 years

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Which, to be fair, he probably isn't and won't be regarded as such in 20 years

Posted from TSR Mobile
    5 Olympic Golds and Tour desk France. Not too shabby.
    Murray possibly too given what he's done for British tennis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    5 Olympic Golds and Tour desk France. Not too shabby.
    Murray possibly too given what he's done for British tennis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What, lose a lot?

Just looked at our record and we seem well on track for our best away games.

Good old 1908 though, although I imagine we had empire athletes back then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What, lose a lot?

Just looked at our record and we seem well on track for our best away games.

Good old 1908 though, although I imagine we had empire athletes back then

Posted from TSR Mobile
    First British man to win Wimbledon or any grand slam in over seven decades. First British man to win an Olympic gold in however long?

Who's done better from a British perspective?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    First British man to win Wimbledon or any grand slam in over seven decades. First British man to win an Olympic gold in however long?

Who's done better from a British perspective?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A polished turd is still a turd.

I must say if Rio has done anything for me it's finally pushing me to get down the gym and get rowing, which I've been intending to do for a while. Should also lead to cutting down the smoking further too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A polished turd is still a turd.

I must say if Rio has done anything for me it's finally pushing me to get down the gym and get rowing, which I've been intending to do for a while. Should also lead to cutting down the smoking further too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How is an Olympic Champion, Davis Cup Champion and three times Grand Slam winner a turd?

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.