Official LSE Applicants+Decisions 2009 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Capocrimini
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by dorice525)
I understand what people have been saying about the entrance exams and whatnot but how is it fair to compare people who have taken those exams against those who haven't? I am an International Student and I wasn't asked to take the entrance exams but wouldn't it be my disadvantage if I don't get to 'show' myself through the exams like some of the other candidates?

This is somehow confusing and seems unfair! (Not that I'm complaining because it'd be a pain to sit through an entrance exam.. ugh)
Well, the exam is only to demonstrate that the candidate knows the basics. I.e. English and mathematics. I should think that going by PS, reference and grades, they prefer the people doing the entrance exam - they just want to make sure that they know the basics before enrolling them on the degree course. If they, however, fail the test, someone else will have to be considered for a spot - which would be most people still waiting to hear from the LSE. My 2 cents
eyijia
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by steve2006)
not many i think. Hope they arent just stringing us along and then dumping us on the 31st. That would be evil but not unusual of the LSE
hahahah. omg. i really hope that's not the case =P
:eek3:
eyijia
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jinru)
Are you an international applicant?
I am
Nope, i'm a home student.
What nationality are you if you don't mind me asking (the flag kinda gives it away..but i'll ask anyway :yep: )
black&blue
Report 9 years ago
end of the road for me you guys
received an 'unsuccessful' reply last night... emailed them for WHY as my grades have changed since them as I repeated modules. *sigh*
the_enchantress
Report 9 years ago
^ Commiserations... which subject did you apply for?
JohnKennedy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
sorry to hear that black&blue, what course were you applying for?
VanillaLatte
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by HM24)
anyone still waiting for social anthropology? i'm really getting anxious waiting for LSE to reply ):
i do!! got rejected for sociology last friday so all my hopes on that ... but this one guy apparently got an offer that friday so im pretty hopeless and near despiration
arfy
Report 9 years ago
Rejected for Law on Friday.
dawgnut
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by eyijia)
Nope, i'm a home student.
What nationality are you if you don't mind me asking (the flag kinda gives it away..but i'll ask anyway :yep: )
Did you not watch our kick ass olympics?
black&blue
Report 9 years ago
Hey guys, I applied for Law.

aw sorry Arfy, they must not like us overseas OSSD peeps. sorry to hear that

Where you headed to? King's?
the_enchantress
Report 9 years ago
Sorry to hear, arfy.
Were either of you in the gathered pile (black&blue)?
Lubos
Report 9 years ago
Friday is over and I haven't received any decision yet. I took Entrance Exam. Has anybody who wrote that received sth.?
black&blue
Report 9 years ago
whoops. i posted twice.

nope, i wasnt in the gathered pile.
the_enchantress
Report 9 years ago
Oh wow, I guess LSE is slower than I thought. I thought they would have responded to all the non-gathered applicants already.

P.S. Are you from Hong Kong? Just curious because I am!
arfy
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by the_enchantress)
Sorry to hear, arfy.
Were either of you in the gathered pile (black&blue)?
I was not in the gathered pile. I am probably going to go to King's.
KarenC.
Report 9 years ago
Oh wow, I guess LSE is slower than I thought. I thought they would have responded to all the non-gathered applicants already.

P.S. Are you from Hong Kong? Just curious because I am!
I'm from HK! And I'm still waiting for LSE and KCL too :mad: lol...hope tmr will be the day!

What about you? Have you heard back?
black&blue
Report 9 years ago
WOOT! Arfy I'll be seeing you at King's :P

gotta pull my grades up to a 90 average though! what OSSD courses are you taking?
the_enchantress
Report 9 years ago
Nope, I haven't heard back since October, lol.
You should be happy though - you have an offer from UCL, that's amazing already!
Btw, I just noticed your Nottingham offer - are you doing the Canadian diploma or the IB?
the_enchantress
Report 9 years ago
Yup, I do IB! How many subjects do you take for the Canadian diploma? Isn't it stressful to take two more subjects on top of that? IB's stressful enough, I can't imagine doing more, haha.
& to answer your other question, LSE is my top choice but if not (hopefully that won't happen), I'll be heading towards Bristol!
KarenC.
Report 9 years ago
Yup, I do IB! How many subjects do you take for the Canadian diploma? Isn't it stressful to take two more subjects on top of that? IB's stressful enough, I can't imagine doing more, haha.
& to answer your other question, LSE is my top choice but if not (hopefully that won't happen), I'll be heading towards Bristol!
I sent you a private message, so we won't get warned for being "off topic"
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (233)
27.48%
No (615)
72.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise