Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Vain)
    It's netto mate. He's looking for frees.
    Nah, comes in just before it shuts to get the 90% off hot cross buns, shame the transfer market works the opposite way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    Three-fold aim to my post

a) just thought I'd share an interesting viewpoint on the Benzema situation
    b) trying to bait some of you Arsenal thread legends into replying and giving me lolz by telling me that you will get Benzema
    c) mandatory reference to the fact that Arsenal fans are so gassed about signing players from the Big 2 in Spain
    a) nothing interesting about saying something that everyone and their grandmamas knows and one that's been repeated so many times
    b)oh is this your guilty pleasure. have you tried ineedalife.com?
    c)refer to b

Also, if you're trying to get a reaction, use something original. The benzema story is so yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Did you hear the guy on MOTD apparently we have a transfer that's imminent but he didn't state who it was .
    Probably Flamini.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    a) nothing interesting about saying something that everyone and their grandmamas knows and one that's been repeated so many times
    b)oh is this your guilty pleasure. have you tried ineedalife.com?
    c)refer to b

Also, if you're trying to get a reaction, use something original. The benzema story is so yesterday.
    a) it's damn interesting given the source
    b) meh, I like talking about football and it helps with my job, no reason why I can't have a bit of fun whilst I'm doing it. The troll never ends.

Mate come on, we're all friends here, no need to be so hostile and teenage PMS girly.

ReputationRep:
    Also lol at Flamini coming back. lol, lol, LOL

ReputationRep:
    What's the latest with Bendtner?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    Also lol at Flamini coming back. lol, lol, LOL
    Could have done far worse than Flamini tbf, a decent short term solution. For example he would be useful against Fenerbache next week allowing us to rest the main midfielders, but we haven't signed him yet. Saw a few Milan games last season and it's not like he's dreadful or anything.

Now could you please **** off this thread and crawl back into the hole in which you came from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    What's the latest with Bendtner?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Going no where. Tbh, if he brings in a winger, I can see him leaving the striker position for Giroud, Walcott, Bendtner and Pod.

Going forward we're fine so I'm not arsed about our attack tbh. With our pace there will always be chances and with our midfielders there's enough creativity there to make chances for whoever is up front.

Our problems are when we don't have the ball. But I think Bendtner will stay. A world cup obviously means less to him than money so he won't transfer anywhere any time soon.

ReputationRep:
    I'm perfectly happy with this squad. If we bring one or two players it's a bonus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    Saying 'no homo' just makes it more homo :laugh:
    Would definitively get down on my knees and suck Giroud off, no homo.

ReputationRep:
    What so you think of Pablo Osvaldo? No homo. (Maybe just a bit)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In Croatia for the next 2 weeks, had a ticket for the yids but now well out of that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)
    I'm perfectly happy with this squad. If we bring one or two players it's a bonus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We have to buy. First because our squad is paper thin and over the season that will take its toll. Second because we need a bit more quality. This team atm is decent but there's no doubt we're still a bit short.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Striker, Winger and DM.

Flamini will be able to provide good cover at DM and RB.

We've got rid of Santos, Denilson, Chamakh, Gervinho, Arshavin and Squillaci.

So at the moment we have very few liabilities. Just need to get rid of Djourou, Bendtner and Park.

Theoretically we have the capacity to take on 4-5 new players.

ReputationRep:
    Some sources (Telegraph) say Arsenal could loan out Podolski to Schalke, what do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catilina)
    Some sources (Telegraph) say Arsenal could loan out Podolski to Schalke, what do you guys think?
    I know he is on high wages but the squad is so thin and it's not like he is a bad player. I think he should be starting in our current first team every week so will be disappointed tbh.

Everyone knows he could rocket in a left footed shot from 35 yards at any time

ReputationRep:
    I've never been a big fan of Podolski out wide but I don't think it's wise to let him go as he's a great sub to have - either on the wing or up front. But it's a World Cup year and he wants to play regularly and I don't think this year he will be a regular fixture in our first team.

This probably means Wenger has a winger lined up - so hope it's Di Maria.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Marca reporting that we've bid 30m euro for di Maria. Traditionally a paper with strong links to Madrid despite being quite unreliable at times. Make of that what you will. Also saying we're prepared to shell out a similar amount for Michu, which I'd say is most definitely bull.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Striker, Winger and DM.

Flamini will be able to provide good cover at DM and RB.

We've got rid of Santos, Denilson, Chamakh, Gervinho, Arshavin and Squillaci.

So at the moment we have very few liabilities. Just need to get rid of Djourou, Bendtner and Park.

Theoretically we have the capacity to take on 4-5 new players.
    Djourou is out on loan so we won't be seeing him until next summer. Bendtner is proving difficult to get rid of - the thought of him playing for Arsenal again makes me cringe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wenger said there's no chance of poldi going anywhere last nigh so that puts that rumour to bed

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.