Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I haven't been able to get through to anyone on the IMAlive site all evening, I'm wondering if it's only for US citizens Has anyone here used another crisis chat website/know of any that they can suggest? Want something where I don't have to talk on the phone, don't want my family knowing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I haven't been able to get through to anyone on the IMAlive site all evening, I'm wondering if it's only for US citizens Has anyone here used another crisis chat website/know of any that they can suggest? Want something where I don't have to talk on the phone, don't want my family knowing.
    i know you can email the samaritans, i have done that before, however you dont get an instant reply, they do try to reply within 24 hours though...

(Original post by PonchoKid)
    i know you can email the samaritans, i have done that before, however you dont get an instant reply, they do try to reply within 24 hours though...
    Oh thank you, that's a good option to know about!

ReputationRep:
    Well hey there hallucination bugs! :hi: Long time no bloody see. :nothing: Hate this so much.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys for being here when no one else was

ReputationRep:
    Still feel there's a stigma against me being emotionally withdrawn. There is a reason I don't get too expressive and it's because I'd start screaming if you let me and then have a panic attack

But no it's not OK to be chill and pretty happy I've got to be SUPER HAPPY AND EVERYTHING IS AWESOME AND I'M NOT STRESSED AT ALL AND I'M FULL OF ENERGY EVEN THOUGH I HAD BAD SLEEP BECAUSE?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!

It's just not me. It's why I had to stop drinking.
    But ever since I toned down people have decided I'm 'too depressing' and stopped hanging out with me :/

Even my best friends have done a bit

ReputationRep:
    I'm making the same mistakes I told myself I'd never make again. I'm no use to anyone, just a burden. Tomorrow might actually happen. I feel numb.

warning this is mostly a vent to myself, especially as i rarely ever post in this thread, but i feel sometimes rambling at nobody and writing stuff down helps. does anyone ever feel like nobody knows them...i know its all down to my social incompetence but i wish people would stop making false assumptions about me, it really irritates me and i dont know why. i find it especially disconcerting even my parents don't seem to know me,,,and a lot of my problems and anxiety is all down to them anyway, yet they seem to oblivious to that. and im always trying to better myself but they don't understand that, they don't seem to get all the progress i've made.conversations with them are awkward or plain horrible, we have no common grond and i feel like they dont " see me" im either patronised if lucky, or mostly put down and treated with contempt, just hindering the progress i am making, when everything i've done, i've done by myself.

ReputationRep:
    Day 3 on mirtazapine and i feel like a zombie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunfowers01)
    Day 3 on mirtazapine and i feel like a zombie
    :hugs: It should get better soon - but if it doesn't go see the doctor who prescribed you it and see what they have to say.

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to say thanks so much to everyone who has replied and PM'd me about the project I'm involved in. We really want to spread the word as far as possible, to help everyone affected by sexual violence, and I'm so glad that some of you guys have been willing to help. I've had permission from a moderator to share it in my signature, if anyone else would like to see what we are up to or get involved.

----

Having a chill out day today. Lay in bed until 10.30 and now just watching trash TV. Put some laundry on, for the first time in far too long, and went food shopping (mostly to get change so I could do laundry ).

Having really nasty body image stuff, though. Just trying to tolerate it and not overreact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfgah)
    Just wanted to say thanks so much to everyone who has replied and PM'd me about the project I'm involved in. We really want to spread the word as far as possible, to help everyone affected by sexual violence, and I'm so glad that some of you guys have been willing to help. I've had permission from a moderator to share it in my signature, if anyone else would like to see what we are up to or get involved.

----

Having a chill out day today. Lay in bed until 10.30 and now just watching trash TV. Put some laundry on, for the first time in far too long, and went food shopping (mostly to get change so I could do laundry ).

Having really nasty body image stuff, though. Just trying to tolerate it and not overreact.
    :hugs: Read it and shared on my facebook timeline.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Amador)
    I'm making the same mistakes I told myself I'd never make again. I'm no use to anyone, just a burden. Tomorrow might actually happen. I feel numb.
    ugs: stay strong. You won't alwas be able to see it but you change people's lives for the better in so many ways. It's easy to just think about the negatives but remember there are so many posotives too x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    :hugs: Read it and shared on my facebook timeline.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Spent an entire day staring at the wall in my room again. :sad: It only makes me feel more and more hopeless but I can't bring myself to do anything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    SECRETSANTASECRETSANTASECRETSANTASECRETSANTASECRETSANTA

It's that time again... *jingles bell annoyingly*

MHSS Secret Santa 3.0!

Rules:
    - PM me your name (optional) and address (compulsory!) by 30th of November
    - I'll PM you a random member's details by 3rd of December
    -You have two weeks (until 17th of December) to post your present
    - PM me both when you've sent out and received your present
    - Presents should be £5 or less
    - if you don't want to hand out your name/address but are ok with me having it, PM me and I'll see what we can do.

If you want to take part and you're not on the quote list then that's fine - just PM me and I'll add you in. Also PM me if you want to be taken off the list.
    BUMP!!! Only 3 WEEKS LEFT TO SIGN UP!!!

Everybody has won, and all must have prizes. - Lewis Carroll

Hey everyone.

My friends feel that I should make an emergency GP appointment on Monday due to my mental health, but I think I would be wasting the doctor's time by making an emergency appointment.. At what point is it ok to make an emergency doctors appointment for mental illness?

ReputationRep:
    Stuck in a vicious cycle of bingeing, putting on weight, getting upset with my weight, then bingeing etc. etc. At my heaviest I've ever been. BMI of 28. Great. I seem to be in self destruct mode. Just want to cry. Feel sorry for my bf having to have a whale as a gf.
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey everyone.

My friends feel that I should make an emergency GP appointment on Monday due to my mental health, but I think I would be wasting the doctor's time by making an emergency appointment.. At what point is it ok to make an emergency doctors appointment for mental illness?
    I'd honestly say at the point at which it's affecting your life. Whether that be; school/sixth-form/university work being affected; yourself becoming more isolated and withdrawn from people; thoughts about being a danger to yourself or others; not looking after yourself properly - like not showering for a prolonged period etc.

Any GP with an understanding of mental illness shouldn't make you feel as thought you're wasting their time. It's also best to not leave things till they're 'an emergency' with things like mental health imho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    x
    :awesome:

:jumphug:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.