Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C.Almasy)
    Have to say, Ozil is ****. He should not be starting. Sick of defending him. He looks like a lost boy.
    He was good today. He's playing on the left hand side, hardly has any support from Howedes at left back. He was still involved in the build up for every goal in the first half. Stop being such a fickle idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Anyway, Wenger said on TV tonight that we've signed Alexis Sanchez. Fee reported to be £27m with £3m in add ons by most.

Wonderful signing and fantastic value for money in this market imo
    He did? Where?

ReputationRep:

And now Mertesacker is responsible for the goal conceded according to the Mail...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wor...emi-final.html

Right I've ****ing had it, what exactly has Ozil done that has resulted in some media witch hunt against him this past year?
    Lol they scrambled to change that headline after @ChrisDHWaugh got a bunch of stick! Like I said, Arsenal fans own the internet!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Martin Samuel as well? Supposedly the Mail's only decent writer...

ReputationRep:

And now Mertesacker is responsible for the goal conceded according to the Mail...
    Wait hold on...

Did they just use the term 'auschwitzed'? Are you ****ing serious?

ReputationRep:
    Wait hold on...

Probably not, even by DM standards. Can't find that particular article online.

ReputationRep:
    Wait hold on...

It's not real ffs

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, Wenger said on TV tonight that we've signed Alexis Sanchez. Fee reported to be £27m with £3m in add ons by most.

Wonderful signing and fantastic value for money in this market imo

Source? £27m is a great price for the current market. Considering what has been bought for the same price by other clubs...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    Probably not, even by DM standards. Can't find that particular article online.
    they do have roots of been sympathethic towards the nazi so you never know

ReputationRep:
    Source? £27m is a great price for the current market. Considering what has been bought for the same price by other clubs...
    Many different sources

I follow several accounts with give updates on Wenger's commentary and he said “Alexis Sánchez transfer is almost done. We expect to complete the signing on Wednesday.”

Stan Collymore also said he talked to AW:

Every single ITK account saying much the same and the Spanish media are treating it the same. It is done, and I think £27m is absolutely unbelievable in a market where 2nd division strikers go for £11m and Fellaini is worth the same.

ReputationRep:
    Talksport is the source. They're a useless station but they don't mess around with direct speech

http://talksport.com/football/exclus...r-140708100658

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people are mentioning that he stated it in french commentary while others say he told stan collymore. Nothing concrete that I've found yet but looking good nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    I guess Germany winning the World Cup or not won't have any significance on Ozil's club-level performance next season

ReputationRep:
    This is brilliant, Suarez to Barca getting wrapped up would make this all completely beautiful. #Wenger's.magic.hat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    I guess Germany winning the World Cup or not won't have any significance on Ozil's club-level performance next season
    Just means Podolski will include a new hastag in his tweets probably

#weltmeister #aha
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Sanchez going for the same price as Fellaini makes me want to cry. If only we'd appointed Louis van Goat last year.

Also, sort out who's making the new thread please.

ReputationRep:
    Lack of proven no.9s on the market so Alexis is the next best thing really, that's the way I see it. Also a good transfer for Ozil, we lacked pace heavily last season, but you can bet your house that Ozil will be licking his lips with the possibility of Theo, Alexis and Ramsey on the same team. Think we should still go after someone like Mandzukic because it gives us a rotation option for Giroud, I imagine Alexis will be given a free role in the team to cause havoc but he'll play off someone imo and Giroud has very good link up play.

Also, really impressed by Khedira tonight but it's clear he wouldn't suit Ramsey. Would leave us far too open as you'd have both of them bombing on and no one to cover the CBs. Would like us to have another crack at Gustavo/Bender honestly,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Also, sort out who's making the new thread please.
    And don't do it while I'm sleeping.

ReputationRep:
    Ok so question of the century.

Who's better Fred or giroud ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.