Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JulianRothschild)
    No offence mate. But only past experience and past success determines what your capabilities are as an individual.

I guess you have never ventured into any form of entrepreneurship venture to test yourself and your creativity.

England is a very working class society. You need someone to hold your hand whilst you walk the street.

Go to America and tell any guy before he starts a venture, well hold on a minute, you do realise you're taking a huge risk?

There is no risk when everything logically points to success.

You have the blueprint? Now do you want to do it or do you want the world to hold your hand?
    the only successful people are those who ar e happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I have no respect for people who just laze around doing nothing without good reason (e.g illness, disability).

Who's dupe are you anyway
    No Dupe.

Nobody inherently wants to be lazy. Certain fears paralyse their minds and hopefully they will eventually rise to the occasion.

ReputationRep:
    No offence mate. But only past experience and past success determines what your capabilities are as an individual.

I guess you have never ventured into any form of entrepreneurship venture to test yourself and your creativity.

England is a very working class society. You need someone to hold your hand whilst you walk the street.

Go to America and tell any guy before he starts a venture, well hold on a minute, you do realise you're taking a huge risk?

There is no risk when everything logically points to success.

You have the blueprint? Now do you want to do it or do you want the world to hold your hand?
    None taken. I agree with your points, I just think it's an idealistic view of the world. You're right that the U.S is far more DIY in the industry, but here it's all about ticking boxes, jumping through hoops etc. we can argue about pedantics and creativity to death, end of the day you need money, only way to do that is get a job. You climb the ladder, it's not fun but it has to be done.

ReputationRep:
    No Dupe.

Strong post count

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    None taken. I agree with your points, I just think it's an idealistic view of the world. You're right that the U.S is far more DIY in the industry, but here it's all about ticking boxes, jumping through hoops etc. we can argue about pedantics and creativity to death, end of the day you need money, only way to do that is get a job. You climb the ladder, it's not fun but it has to be done.
    Totally agree. Money is essential.

Let's just say that moving up a social hierarchy, i.e corporate. You require some form of creativity or a way of thinking that is not part of the norm, so either way the majority of individuals are doomed.

The United States simply tells us, that individuals are capable of things far out of their perceived reach.

ReputationRep:
    Totally agree. Money is essential.

Let's just say that moving up a social hierarchy, i.e corporate. You require some form of creativity or a way of thinking that is not part of the norm, so either way the majority of individuals are doomed.

The United States simply tells us, that individuals are capable of things far out of their perceived reach.
    Oh yeah I agree, I was referring to the person who's a graduate, in which conformation is advisable. Like you said individuality does come into play, but that's further down the line when roots have been created and the risk becomes smaller.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    Oh yeah I agree, I was referring to the person who's a graduate, in which conformation is advisable. Like you said individuality does come into play, but that's further down the line when roots have been created and the risk becomes smaller.
    Yep, totally agree with your further down the line roots notion.

Many people should not allow statistics to cloud their judgement.

If you have an idea, that idea is then based on the statistics of that specific idea and your ability, not of the overall majority of ideas.

Many individuals just do not have the drive for the unknown and constant self development. They want to settle.

Jobs are a certain requirement to keep yourself healthy and comfortable, but then what you do after that eight hour work day, determines your future success.

All the best to you.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watching the Darts?

Such a ludicrous spectacle, strangely entertaining though. Looks a proper laugh being there as well with the fancy dress and the walk ons :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Nah she's not depressed, just very work shy/lazy. She was claiming job seekers until they wanted her to take some classes, then she signed off :rolleyes: I really don't like people with that kind of attitude, never speak to her she's just a friend of a friend.

Not sure how people are happy to live like that anyway, this is my 6th week of unemployment and i'm bored ****less!
    I guess so. I'm pretty work shy/lazy although I'm trying hard to change that.

Did you get that tax rebate btw?

ReputationRep:
    No Dupe.

Nobody inherently wants to be lazy. Certain fears paralyse their minds and hopefully they will eventually rise to the occasion.
    I agree.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I guess so. I'm pretty work shy/lazy although I'm trying hard to change that.

Did you get that tax rebate btw?
    I'm horribly lazy, always have been. Always nice to be kept occupied though.

Haven't heard back from them yet! In theory I should get the lot back (which I worked out as being £900) because my earnings from this year are a few £k away from the threshold, but that's probably being a bit too hopeful If I could get a months bills out of it i'd be delighted.

ReputationRep:
    Man learning to drive is hard. I am terrible at it. Have had so many lessons in the past but gave up for 3 years and now I am back near the start again. I just cannot get the gear change/judgment right at junctions and roundabouts, that is the hardest part.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Man learning to drive is hard. I am terrible at it. Have had so many lessons in the past but gave up for 3 years and now I am back near the start again. I just cannot get the gear change/judgment right at junctions and roundabouts, that is the hardest part.
    Roundabouts were hard yeah, literally keep practising. Just don't take risks, don't be too hesitant and trust your judgment. Something that helped me is when being a passenger with parents/older siblings observing how they did everything, when they decided it was a safe gap and when to check mirrors etc. but it's like online tests, practise makes perfect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    I've booked my test now. So actually need to revise for theory.

I don't know I really need to knuckle down on a few things.

ReputationRep:
    I hesitate when I get to junctions and roundabouts because obviously there are times when you cannot see things till late and then you have to make a judgment on gear changing. Stalled today at a busy t-junction (if I remember correctly), was going too slow in first deciding whether to stop or go.

Driving is not one of my strengths lol.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Anyone watching the Darts?

Such a ludicrous spectacle, strangely entertaining though. Looks a proper laugh being there as well with the fancy dress and the walk ons :laugh:
    Darts is a quality night out, went to one of the Premier League nights year ago. You get lots of people who don't really care about the darts and just go for a piss up, it's like going to the student union at uni.

ReputationRep:
    Student loan dropped this morning

Name:  bitcoin-gone.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  13.5 KB

Bloody rent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)

Bloody rent
    I have 8 days of glory until my rent.
    I consider that a challenge...

ReputationRep:

Bloody rent
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:

Bloody rent
    I miss student loan day. Nothing quite like waking up and seeing a free £2000 in your account. Oh what I'd give for that now :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 5, 2015
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.