Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khaleesi98)
    I'll see you then! What course are you applying for? I'm maths & philosophy
    Straight chemistry
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patricio_miguel;[url="tel:61237103")
    61237103[/url]]Could you please tell me how important are interviews? I absolutely screwed my interviews. People say "it's good if you found it difficult, that means they were trying to push you". No, literally I was told "you're wrong" and "let's move on" without actually being able to express my point of view; I just felt so awful
    While we can't comment on individual cases, in general the two (or more) interviews tend to have a large influence on the outcome. It is difficult for interviewees to assess how well a given interview has gone because recall is selective and the performance of others can't be observed. Best to
    try to remain as calm as possible and wait for the decisions on Jan 6th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzizanW)
    Haha, I'm not smart enough for law. I'm applying for mathematics :P
    You've gotta be pretty damn smart for Maths! How are your interviews going? Which college are you at?

(P.S. Love your icon - Muse are one of my fave bands )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am really freaking out about my medicine interview...I'm scared they'll expect me to know something we learnt at AS and I'll have forgotten it or I won't be able to expand on any ideas i have I've been so busy with other interviews I haven't had much time to prepare and I get soooo nervous! Any last minute advice?

ReputationRep:
    i am! physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou77777)
    I am really freaking out about my medicine interview...I'm scared they'll expect me to know something we learnt at AS and I'll have forgotten it or I won't be able to expand on any ideas i have I've been so busy with other interviews I haven't had much time to prepare and I get soooo nervous! Any last minute advice?
    Lol I'm ****ed if they ask about AS stuff too since I remember nothing from last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C. Ashcroft)
    Me too!! It doesn't quite feel real yet...

Anyone else staying in Corpus Christi on the 15th?
    im there from tomorrow til 16th!! what course??

ReputationRep:
    Last minute panick thought before I leave tomorrow- do I need to bring my exam certificates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hareve)
    Last minute panick thought before I leave tomorrow- do I need to bring my exam certificates
    I haven't. I think you'd only have to bring them if your college had specifically told you to- so just double check that they haven't! Otherwise you're fine. Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amycus)
    im there from tomorrow til 16th!! what course??
    I am!! Are you there for Biomed too?

ReputationRep:
    Nope physics !!

ReputationRep:
    yoyo i'm a third year medic at somerville (i still remember when i used TSR for interviews lol, good times). any of you guys got interviews for somerville medicine? they start tomorrow, i might be helping out a bit (not sure though)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amycus)
    Nope physics !!
    Where else have you got an interview? I'm at Corpus Christi and Keble (and I'm terrified!!)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone at Univ tomorrow till Wednesday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C. Ashcroft)
    Where else have you got an interview? I'm at Corpus Christi and Keble (and I'm terrified!!)
    I only know corpus, haven't been given a second yet! (Me too ahhhh)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connieiscrazy)
    You've gotta be pretty damn smart for Maths! How are your interviews going? Which college are you at?

(P.S. Love your icon - Muse are one of my fave bands )

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All of us here are smart in different ways haha. But I don't have the smart required for law. I had a Skype interview with Exeter on Thursday. It went surprisingly well! I'm just hoping that's a good thing haha.

Muse was all I listened to for around 2 years haha. Glad to find another fan!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Considering applying to Oxford next year post A Level. Predicted 2A*1A, 6A*2A1B1C(drama) GCSEapplying for English. I know it's nothing earth shattering, but could I make up for my paper application with really high UMS for my A* predicted ( got near 100% at AS)? ( I know the other place normally look at UMS but the Oxford course is just so much better for me). Obviously there's also the ELAT which could help. Would say Id aim for 3 A*s but my A is in a subject I hate with an ISA which is completely hit and miss... Last year everyone got As in their exams but C/D in the ISA ( science controlled assesment) and ended up with a B. It's a ridiculous paper. Wish I'd done History or psychology instead, but the parents wanted me to go into med school :/ Woukd there be any point trying to attempt to do one of these A Levels next year, so by the time I'd get there if I got an offer I'd hopefully have 3A*A?

Thanks

I sincerely wish you all the best of luck for your interviews by the way !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzizanW)
    All of us here are smart in different ways haha. But I don't have the smart required for law. I had a Skype interview with Exeter on Thursday. It went surprisingly well! I'm just hoping that's a good thing haha.

Muse was all I listened to for around 2 years haha. Glad to find another fan!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fair enough. I am terrible at maths though and I admire anyone who is good at it If you think it went well, then it usually did, but there's no need to over-analyse it, it's done now.

Same! I went through a massive Muse phase but I still listen to them today. I'm seeing them on their Drones tour next year :afraid: What's your favourite album of theirs? I love The 2nd Law and The Resistance

Is anyone else struggling to get over completely messing up an interview? I can't stop thinking about what a stupid mistake I made

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by cakeislife)
      Is anyone else struggling to get over completely messing up an interview? I can't stop thinking about what a stupid mistake I made
      I'm literally spending my days cringing about some of the things I said. I definitely have a habit of being overly negative - I always worry about exams but results have always turned out good - but I honestly feel like I have ruined the last two years' work in the course of three interviews. It sucks.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.