The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
bigmansouf
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 9910224)
Tuanzebe does look an interesting prospect from that video. I'd definitely like to see Mourinho playing him in a cup game at least. I disagree on Nick Powell, though. He was sent back from loan at Leicester because of attitude problems and if he's not good enough to get game time at Hull, he won't be good enough for United.

Next year, I'd like to see Fosu-Mensah starting alongside Smalling. I think Blind would make a good Carrick replacement given the chance and better tactics. James Wilson should definitely be playing for us as an inverted right winger if not a striker.

Really, all this speculation hinges on how willing Mourinho is to play young talent.
it lso depends on mancity i think SAF will highlight to mou that they dont want mancity to get an advantage by winning the league which will give pep the confidence and potentially do it again
difeo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by leinad2012)
How ****ing pathetic.

Seriosuly when did United buy the BBC? 5 have your say articles on 5 Mourinho articles in the space of 4 days with minute by minute updates on the current contract negotiations. Now a ****ing "manchester united squad builder" with all the players you've been (falsely) linked with.
Meanwhile there is one tiny article (not even an article, a 1 minute video of Xhaka scoring in the world cup) about arsenal signing one of the hottest young talents in Europe.
Its beyond pathetic now, this is a service paid for with MY licence fee and 90% of the sports articles are about one club. Absolutely embarassing
It's what the people want

Xhaka is nearly 24 and not anything special, it's a nothing story compared to the country's biggest club signing the world's biggest manager
Zayn is Bae
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by difeo)

Xhaka is nearly 24 and not anything special, it's a nothing story compared to the country's biggest club signing the world's biggest manager
#salty

Posted from TSR Mobile
leinad2012
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by difeo)

But it clearly isn't. As the have your say feedback on the articles (where you are meant to discuss the article, i.e. discuss Jose and United) is clogged with the top 20 comments all being about how the BBC needs to stop reporting on it until he officially signs as manager.
Considering Xhaka was in the Budesliga team of the season, he must be a good player. I haven't seem much of him, but have a friend at uni who is from Germany a big bundesliga watcher who says the guy is brilliant, and a great signing. It's the first major signing (yes an ACTUAL signing, not who Jose may "potentially" bring in "once" he becomes manager, of which there are currently 2 articles on the Beeb about and a squad builder article) by a premier league club, and there will be only a handful of bigger signings this summer. A £35mil deal compared to a six figure dispute on image rights over a trademark of a name, which will be resolved within a day or two. Think we know which should be a bigger article.
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 9910224)
Are you for reals?
Yes. Sneijder is the best 10 in the world, coming off a treble winning season, Garay and Gaitan are young, among the best in their league and would be fairly cheap
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
oh he mad
leinad2012
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The stress from uni exams is on show. **** Mourinho, **** United, **** McNulty, **** the BBC
qasidb
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Something tells me, and this is a real stab in the dark, that leinad2012 doesn't like Man Utd and the BBC.
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Honestly he BBC Sport section is such a ****ing state I'd actually back the tories scrapping the entire BBC. What would we actually be losing thats worthwhile? 3 episodes of Sherlock a year, MOTD (which has become so biased and employs ***** like Danny Murphy anyway so no real loss) and 606 on 5 live (which is cancer 50% anyway with Robbie Savage) and that's about it.
History of kiddie fiddling predators and biased government reporters.
Just bin the ****ing thing, if it were a person it would have stage 4 testicular, prostate and breast cancer all at once
Yeh I agree. Sooner the BBC is scrapped or significantly reformed the better. In the mean time I'll continue refusing to pay the TV tax.

Posted from TSR Mobile
M14B
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Any signings or rumours?
Rk2k14
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Can't accept the fact that United will always be a bigger club.
bj27
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
Yes. Sneijder is the best 10 in the world, coming off a treble winning season, Garay and Gaitan are young, among the best in their league and would be fairly cheap
Garay is the best defender at Real Madrid? They've just bought Carvalho from Chelsea and I think Sergio Ramos has a future moving to CB. Arbeloa can play at RB.

I think David Luiz would be great at Barcelona.
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bammy jastard 27)
Garay is the best defender at Real Madrid? They've just bought Carvalho from Chelsea and I think Sergio Ramos has a future moving to CB. Arbeloa can play at RB.

I think David Luiz would be great at Barcelona.
Sergio Ramos? The young Sevilla defender?

Posted from TSR Mobile
swirly
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
But nah bruh, you're right, rather than report about actual signings, you know, reporting the news like journalists should, they should run a fifaesque "squad builder" where you can make a team based on players who have been linked to united in the one thousand rumours quoted by the BBC from the Sun and Metro.

Having just completed the #NewManUtdXI (yes, there's an official hashtag to go with the article, so you can see what your other equally noncy cancer ridden United circle jerkers have picked) squad builder, I have chosen:

Beckenbeur
Roberto Carlos Allah(PBUH) Smalling Ronaldo (think he'd be best utilised at LB personally)
Carrick Rooney (DLP ofc)
Messi Jesus Martial
Rashford
(tough call between Pele, Maradona and Rashford, but felt the latter edged the other 2 as he's got youth on his side and is also established in the premier league and Europa League which will help United next season )

And the worst part, that's a more realistic squad than the ones your fans on twitter posted
oh lord :rofl:
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I get the feeling Fernando Hierros going to move to Bolton.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Can't believe we're in for Batistuta!
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
I heard Dean Boyle wants to sign him for Harchester. Can't see him wanting to drop into the Championship though

Posted from TSR Mobile
leinad2012
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Can I make the next thread? I'll post a really good first post, updated with every new link hot off the press from the bbc about all things United (might need to be paid though, that'd be a full time job). Add in a few McNulty memes to spice things up and maybe.

Have to say I'm pleased you lot have got Mou, it means my team now only have 2 gauranteed losses vs Mou and you lot compared to the 2 vs Mou and 1 at Old Trafford we were used to
Fizzel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
News is driven by clicks. That is why the internet is filled with "you won't believe what this 20 year old girl did in Australia!" type headlines. Clicks mean ad revenue, and even for the BBC, especially under the Tory budgetary squeezes, clicks determine allocation of dwindling resources. There are 100 millions articles on Jose to United because its ultimate click bait, it the two biggest click draws combine into one. Its not the United fans that are the problem its the supports other clubs who just can't stop reading about United. The journalist who writes it or the boss who commissions it will be able to justify it in his Monday morning briefing because it got more clicks than anything else.

No point asking for the BBC to be scrapped or reformed its probably the best example of avoiding the utter ******** news has become. You see that via BBC 4 or BBC world service, allocation of resources on a not for profit basis producing low volume high quality content. The whole Man United squad builder would be 100x worse if the BBC was a private service, you only need to look at the utter **** the tabloids who depend on ad revenue churn out. Problem lies with the fact the vast majority of the population are mongs who love this kind of click bait 20 second attention span kind of stuff. The evolution of tactics at West Ham this season under Billic may be a more worthwhile piece but "Zlatan, Bale and Ronaldo to United?" will get more clicks.
Zayn is Bae
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
Thoughts on Billings and Braithwaite acting like boys in IPL despite what the mother****er did to Stokes? That irks me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (118)
63.44%
No (68)
36.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise