Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Both games had something in common. Atrociously reffereed. Flaccif really just lobs it up and hopes for PI.

Also Lindley ****ing sucks nuts how is he a nfl calibre quarterback. He doesn't even deserve to be a water boy.

There's **** then there's him.
    There's a metric for this. Flacco has led the league in every year since he's been drafted apart from 2009. It's a legit strategy if you've got a good deep threat.

I just feel awful for the Cardinals. I can't think of any team that could survive using their 3rd QB and their 2nd RB. Shame it was them after missing out at 10-6 last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    It was very weird I thought the steelers would get the rub of calls but the ref was all day in the ravens pockets.

Ben was horrible though FairPlay. People saying Ravens pass rush looked ferocious, Ben held on to the ball for so damn long. If that's Manning that balls out long before they get there.
    Didn't watch the first half but I thought they got every call in the second half spot on.

ReputationRep:
    Luck starting well, got a feeling my prediction here could be a poor one.

ReputationRep:
    What a great punt by McAfee.

ReputationRep:
    Bengals fans must get butterflies any time Dalton throws it into coverage. His arm doesn't get the velocity to give him any kind of margin for error in terms of timing and accuracy. So far so good in this game, but there are a lot of QBs I would rather have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    Luck starting well, got a feeling my prediction here could be a poor one.
    I'm on the Bengals too!

I liked that drive. I've never understood why more RBs/coaches don't just leap over the line of scrimmage in short yardage situations.If I was to play football that is something I could definitely do, This kid has got a vertical!

ReputationRep:
    They do but in both short yardage situations on that drive Hill had a seam. Nice bounce on the power run on the 3rd and 1, would like to see that again in all-22. Looked like the end slanted inside the down block and both the full back and the pulling guard swapped assignments and each managed to totally cover up a linebacker.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the Bengals D was supposed to be good. This is awful. No pressure so how do you expect guys to cover!?

Dalton is ****ing ****e. He just cannot pass the ball accurately or to the right people consistently enough to have a good offense without people who can make up for his shortcomings.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they look awful. They look evenly matched against the run and have decent coverage. The Colts OL and Luck are just playing really well.

ReputationRep:
    I did write that when they'd just allowed Luck his 9th completion in a row. They've got a bit better since. Shame Andy Dalton is still making my eyes bleed. He sacked himself and later rushed for 2 yards on a 3rd and 13!

I've now switched over to the darts until the Lions v Cowboys. If Dalton makes a comeback I'll eat my whole collection of hats.

ReputationRep:
    Golden Tate's ability to get yards after the catch is so cool. Can't believe we kept Harvin and let him go.

ReputationRep:
    Golden Tate was such an awesome fantasy pick for me from about round 10 as well. Heroic stuff from Flex and WR2 Bye Week Cover. I knew there was a reason I liked the Lions today. Massive tackles, big play ability. So much goodness.

ReputationRep:
    Darts at 6-6 in a 1st to 7, spicy NFL game going on. I don't know where to look!

ReputationRep:
    Lions will be kicking themselves at giving up a long TD like that.

ReputationRep:
    Still in a great position. Man I dislike Dallas

ReputationRep:
    Now that is how you recover from a turnover.

ReputationRep:
    This is quality. Is Reinbold extra encyclopedic today? The analysis is high level!

ReputationRep:
    Romo determined to make Bailey earn his cheque o.O

ReputationRep:
    You're not kidding! So much pissing around in the pocket. He's not Roethlisberger and he's not Newton so you just can't do that. That flag pick up is an absolute joke! Conspiracy time!

ReputationRep:
    What a ****ing joke that call was. I mean, Martin shanked that punt but seriously they should never have had to punt it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.