Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just emailed the first draft of my masters dissertation to my tutor. Time to be nervous waiting for a replyyyy! >.<

ReputationRep:
    I may have possibly underestimated the work that needs to go into planning an elective.
    Oh dear. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to my last ever Medical School placement: GI.

It's going to be cold sharp shock after my having Psychiatry and an academic elective for the last 4 months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisLittlePiggy)
    Looking forward to my last ever Medical School placement: GI.

It's going to be cold sharp shock after my having Psychiatry and an academic elective for the last 4 months.
    Reality:

1.) Turn up on day 1. No timetable and Dean doesn't turn up

2.) Wander onto Gastro ward. Smells like ****. No-one is expecting you.

3.) Stand at the nurses' desk for a few hours. Get told by the ward clerk to get out of her way.

4.) Go check your webmail

5.) Clerk a patient since you are feeling guilty for not doing work

6.) Go home

ReputationRep:
    Passed the 3k word count and I've still got one and a half chapters left of my introduction to write. I'm never going to finish this!

Three weeks of labs left as well. I'm going to try and resolve or at least get some closure with this lab hottie this week. I'm not sure what will happen but **** it, I'm an external and have nothing to lose.. right!? I think they're marking my project seminar presentation at the end of this month though... and my exam if I answer the essay they set (it's likely I'll choose it...podcasting the lecture was :sexface:)

ReputationRep:
    I hate that our online lectures are not up to date, I mean when I can find at least 2 things in a lecture that are simply wrong, including recommending a drug that has been taken off the market...

I think I am going to have to email them.
    Plus I will be moaning in feedback about online lectures anyway because I hate them.

ReputationRep:
    Me, 3 hours ago:
    "I'm really going to knuckle down now and get this work done this afternoon!"

Me, 5 minutes ago:
    *Wakes up from 3 hour nap*

FML

ReputationRep:
    This dissertation is a disaster. FML

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i'm no superman)
    Passed the 3k word count and I've still got one and a half chapters left of my introduction to write. I'm never going to finish this!

Three weeks of labs left as well. I'm going to try and resolve or at least get some closure with this lab hottie this week. I'm not sure what will happen but **** it, I'm an external and have nothing to lose.. right!? I think they're marking my project seminar presentation at the end of this month though... and my exam if I answer the essay they set (it's likely I'll choose it...podcasting the lecture was :sexface:)
    Do you get it corrected before submission? If y, supervisor will probably cut and slash some bits for you.

As for the hottie - you only live once! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    After discovering Pretty Lights I'm turning to Dubstep. W-w-what's happening to me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    After discovering Pretty Lights I'm turning to Dubstep. W-w-what's happening to me?
    Linky link?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i'm no superman)
    Three weeks of labs left as well. I'm going to try and resolve or at least get some closure with this lab hottie this week. I'm not sure what will happen but **** it, I'm an external and have nothing to lose.. right!?
    Report back.

ReputationRep:
    My masters dissertation needs to somehow get 40% shorter. FML.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    Reality:

3.) Stand at the nurses' desk for a few hours. Get told by the ward clerk to get out of her way.

6.) Go home

No one was expecting me, no timetable, ward at 100 % occupancy + decants to short stay, checked my mail, did bloods, venflons, clerk ins and then got home at 17:30 wherein I slept for 3 hours on the couch.

Time of my life.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisLittlePiggy)
    No one was expecting me, no timetable, ward at 100 % occupancy + decants to short stay, checked my mail, did bloods, venflons, clerk ins and then got home at 17:30 wherein I slept for 3 hours on the couch.

Time of my life.

:rolleyes:
    Living the dream

ReputationRep:
    Lansley was at the Royal Free today...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0lPJFEjMKo

ReputationRep:
    Reality:

6.) Go home

I think you just summed up my life.

(Original post by Wangers)
    Lansley was at the Royal Free today...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0lPJFEjMKo
    This is my hospital! How did I not know this was happening?
    I would have liked to see him being shouted at by a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    Living the dream
    I lold.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else revising for finals feeling like they're not revising properly/the right things? I was enjoying my first day of GP land yesterday when it struck me I have 9 weeks til finals..ahh! I feel like everytime I read something, I've forgotten it the week later..

ReputationRep:
    How long does it take you guys to get to firms/GP on average and how do you get there?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.