Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    Wenger said there's no chance of poldi going anywhere last nigh so that puts that rumour to bed
    Plus it doesn't make sense to loan out an established player - either keep or sell.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wenger says we won't sign someone - bull****, means nothing

Wenger says someone won't leave - gospel truth

Love it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)

Love it
    He's been known to lie about transfers all the time...

ReputationRep:
    He's been known to lie about transfers all the time...
    Yeah so why dont you take him saying podolski won't leave with a grain of salt then ?

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/08...leave-arsenal/

ReputationRep:
    Yeah so why dont you take him saying podolski won't leave with a grain of salt then ?

My bad. I completely forgot about those 2

Poldi won't leave though. We don't need the money and he's not forcing a leave

ReputationRep:
    You have to use common sense and choose pick what to believe. 99.9% certain Poldi isn't leaving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    You have to use common sense and choose pick what to believe. 99.9% certain Poldi isn't leaving.
    Yeah I agree he won't leave but wengers quotes are a non factor when I am drawing conclusions on the issue

ReputationRep:
    It's quite sad to think if we had sold Alex Song this season then he would have gone for £25mill.

ReputationRep:

Why are you trying to discredit Wenger?

If Wenger said Poldi won't go it's probably the truth because it the most logical outcome.

We're short on players atm, why reduce the depth even more.

Poldi is a quality player as we saw yesterday, he's an asset the the team. He'll only get better in his second season.

Poldi hasn't displayed any signs of unhappiness and confirmed he's happy at Arsenal.

We don't need the money from a potential sale.

I can't think of a time when Wenger has messed around with players and their futures in press conferences.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I agree he won't leave but wengers quotes are a non factor when I am drawing conclusions on the issue
    Yeah, definitely agree.

(Original post by yaboy)
    It's quite sad to think if we had sold Alex Song this season then he would have gone for £25mill.
    How so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Why are you trying to discredit Wenger?
    He discredits himself with quotes like "I have never heard of santi Cazorla" and 'you cannot pretend to be a big club if you sell Nasri and fabregas, they won't leave'

And I don't need a lecture on why he lies I get it I just don't understand how everyone laughs about it and acknowledges he deliberately misleads the media till he says something they wanna hear like we will spend money now and suddenly lap it up

ReputationRep:
    I may be a little biased here but I honestly don't think any of Tottenhams signings are anything special. I think our first 11 team is still better. Provided bale has left of course. But I'm probably just being fickle :dontknow:

ReputationRep:

Love it

I am not feeling too optimistic man, I just think we're going to get the same old transfer deadline day panic buy again and it'll all be bigged up out of proportion by the club. I just don't see how the Cabaye deal is going to really help either, wrong player to buy.

ReputationRep:
    I may be a little biased here but I honestly don't think any of Tottenhams signings are anything special. I think our first 11 team is still better. Provided bale has left of course. But I'm probably just being fickle :dontknow:
    I think Paulinho will prove to be an astute signing, the best of the Tottenham lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Disagree. I think its you being slightly stubborn. It doesn't take a genius to see they've strengthened in areas they needed to. Still think they need a left back though and a winger providing Bale leaves of course.

Won't argue about player by player comparisons since it can't be done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Disagree. I think its you being slightly stubborn. It doesn't take a genius to see they've strengthened in areas they needed to. Still think they need a left back though and a winger providing Bale leaves of course.

Won't argue about player by player comparisons since it can't be done
    I'm watching them now and the only player to stand out is Capoue. Imo the current arsenal team is more clinical and efficient. Their new signing need time to gel

ReputationRep:
    Soldado improves Tottenham's first team but otherwise its all depth, difference between Paulinho and Sandro is probably negligible and same with Capoue and those 2, and then some Chadli geezer. They did need a bit of depth if they wanna go deep in the europa again though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I'm watching them now and the only player to stand out is Capoue. Imo the current arsenal team is more clinical and efficient. Their new signing need time to gel
    Well going by the first few games is a bad idea as you said they need time to gel. :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Spurs are desperate for some creativity, that's for sure. It's all good having a clinical striker but he needs the service, Soldado isn't a player who can regularly create chances from nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    Spurs are desperate for some creativity, that's for sure. It's all good having a clinical striker but he needs the service, Soldado isn't a player who can regularly create chances from nothing.
    Agree with that was speaking to one of my unfortunate spud mates and he was saying rather than a few holding mids they needed someone to create something when Bale aint turning up and now Bales on his way it is more of a problem, figured Holtby might push on this year but dunno if it will be enough (hopefully not)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.