• Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by tasha96)
    :awesome:

:jumphug:
    Going to reply to your text once I've finished this paragraph in my assignment :yes: :hugs: Progress is slow though >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    Going to reply to your text once I've finished this paragraph in my assignment :yes: :hugs: Progress is slow though >.<
    Just nice to see you posting in here again. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    urg hthey're telling me to run bit i cant because theres nowhere safe lef to run and i want them to stop i want them out o my head now :cry:

ReputationRep:
    im refusing to look on all new sites or watch the news currently, cos there is a tsunami or something on course for cambodia i think, and my brothers in thailand at the moment and i really dont want anything to happen to him im sure he will be safe, but there is a real risk that they could get caught up in it

also spending the evening looking for baby sleeping bags for my sister, i know i cant physically help her out at the moment, especially when shes going through a break up, but i like to help her out. just wish i could be there for my nephew, hes getting so big and im not there to see him

boyfriends sister is back this weekend again, so im currently spending all the time i can hiding as i know she hates me, i can feel it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha96)
    urg hthey're telling me to run bit i cant because theres nowhere safe lef to run and i want them to stop i want them out o my head now :cry:
    :hugs: well done for not doing what they say. You don't need to run you can beat this :console: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, anybody got tips for coping with third year? I'm starting to feel bogged down by workload and commitments :/

and I'm supposed to be thinking about applying for post-grad but I think I missed the boat. I hate feeling so slow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)
    Hey guys, anybody got tips for coping with third year? I'm starting to feel bogged down by workload and commitments :/

and I'm supposed to be thinking about applying for post-grad but I think I missed the boat. I hate feeling so slow
    :hugs: sorry this isn't going to be helpful to you at all but I'm in the same boat I'm bogged down and only in my first term of uni. Just feeling like giving up tbh. My head of department is wondering if I'm well enough to even be at uni… ffs I'm nearly 21 I can't waste my whole life away with depression.
    Hope things aren't too bad for you. Try not to worry about post-grad, you could always take a year out after uni to get yourself in the zone so to speak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HairyCanary)
    :hugs: sorry this isn't going to be helpful to you at all but I'm in the same boat I'm bogged down and only in my first term of uni. Just feeling like giving up tbh. My head of department is wondering if I'm well enough to even be at uni… ffs I'm nearly 21 I can't waste my whole life away with depression.
    Hope things aren't too bad for you. Try not to worry about post-grad, you could always take a year out after uni to get yourself in the zone so to speak.
    It's OK, it's just nice to know I'm not some sort of defect of humanity and that everyone struggles

:hugs: It gets better, trust me. First year is the year to settle in nicely, but even in second year my workload wasn't too bad. I think it's more the fac it's condensed/each time I've had a greater level of independence/I feel kinda lonely sometimes

I want to sort my sleeping pattern out, that contributes a lot to how I feel both anxiety and depression-and it'd be fair to say possibly OCD, although that might be anxiety, it's hard to tell the difference sometimes!

:hugs: hope you're alright

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)
    It's OK, it's just nice to know I'm not some sort of defect of humanity and that everyone struggles
    your.not on your own, I only have to do 1 module per semester this year and I'm struggling and failing already

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Should be going to a party in a bit

Apart from that the last few days have been quite good actually, looks like I'm finally beginning to make friends . I am also remembering to take my meds now so thats good too.

ReputationRep:
    Had a couple of days off uni so had a chance to sort my head out.. but from Monday it's no break till christmas, coursework open coursework, and it's going to be a long long slog. Thing is I know after around the third week I'll just be burnt out and feel like I can't function any more, but I don't really have any coping mechanisms. It was the same first year too, those last couple of weeks in term are ridiculously tough. Would help if I could sort out my sleeping too, I find that I don't really have any reason to wake at all, have to force myself out of bed with difficulty, and so I don't really like going to bed either and delay it constantly..

Ah well, keep moving forward, hopefully it gets better someday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)

:hugs: It gets better, trust me. First year is the year to settle in nicely, but even in second year my workload wasn't too bad. I think it's more the fac it's condensed/each time I've had a greater level of independence/I feel kinda lonely sometimes

I want to sort my sleeping pattern out, that contributes a lot to how I feel both anxiety and depression-and it'd be fair to say possibly OCD, although that might be anxiety, it's hard to tell the difference sometimes!

:hugs: hope you're alright
    Yeah you're definitely not the only one
    Thanks, what course are you doing? I'm doing French and German and languages just seem to have soooo much work. I have a 2000 word essay in for 21st November and I have no idea what I am doing.
    I know what you mean about sleep affecting everything else. The annoying thing is I find it so much easier to work at night, didn't realise why until I went for my DSA assessment - the lady thought I have light sensitivity/Irlen syndrome, so I guess it being dark makes everything much easier for me. Shame university can't be at night
    Yeah I am not too bad thanks, are you ok? :hugs:

-----

Feeling really hyper, just made myself a coffee, not a great idea but I am going to stay up all night and do work that I should have done over reading week…. not a great idea … screw up my sleep pattern further but hey … I am full of awesome ideas tonight it seems.

If anyone has Skype and wants to talk then I will most likely be awake all night. Just message me and I'll add you or vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    Can't stop it. Not sure wether treatment is useful. Anyone able to shed a light on this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)

My advice (applies to everyone on here struggling with their workload): ask for any and all help available. Ignore the dumbass voice in your head saying you don't deserve it, or that you should be able to do this alone. Be pragmatic. You're in a difficult situation, and the most important aim is to finish uni without compromising your health too much.

Types of help I made use of: DSA (study coach was invaluable for helping with my dissertation), deadline extensions, support from personal tutor, support from individual lecturers, taking time off/going part-time, being allowed to skip lectures when necessary and work from home, help from friends... basically a whole load of stuff. And I'm glad I did it, because it got me through uni.

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't got round to applying for DSA :ninja: :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    My advice (applies to everyone on here struggling with their workload): ask for any and all help available. Ignore the dumbass voice in your head saying you don't deserve it, or that you should be able to do this alone. Be pragmatic. You're in a difficult situation, and the most important aim is to finish uni without compromising your health too much.

Types of help I made use of: DSA (study coach was invaluable for helping with my dissertation), deadline extensions, support from personal tutor, support from individual lecturers, taking time off/going part-time, being allowed to skip lectures when necessary and work from home, help from friends... basically a whole load of stuff. And I'm glad I did it, because it got me through uni.
    I echo all of Superwolf's advice. Keep the uni informed of everything and they can find ways to help you.

ReputationRep:
    Having a **** time of everything at the moment. Feels like everything is broken and it won't get fixed. Haven't felt this low and hopeless in a long time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullettheory)
    Having a **** time of everything at the moment. Feels like everything is broken and it won't get fixed. Haven't felt this low and hopeless in a long time.
    :hugs:

im on skype if you need to moan or just chat about random stuff.

your not hopeless though :nah:
    remember you helped saved that guys life :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I want to much and just am here doing nothing and having no idea what will come, than a mirk. I should fence and go on whatever bounces in my way, as life is just one long game, but I do nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullettheory)
    You're a fantastic guy bullettheory, and I think the best thing about you is that you keep on trying no matter how bad things get. So I know you'll get through these problems too, especially if you let others help you out when possible. :yep: PM/skype me whenever you like, and remember that it gets better. :hugs:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.