Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by MouseyBrown)
      I'm literally spending my days cringing about some of the things I said. I definitely have a habit of being overly negative - I always worry about exams but results have always turned out good - but I honestly feel like I have ruined the last two years' work in the course of three interviews. It sucks.

Same here...but I blatantly messed up and didn't realise until halfway through (when they asked me something and then they realised I'd messed up as well) and I'm so worried that I've just messed up so much hard work

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by cakeislife)
      Same here...but I blatantly messed up and didn't realise until halfway through (when they asked me something and then they realised I'd messed up as well) and I'm so worried that I've just messed up so much hard work
      I did similar things! I guess just remember that they are not expecting perfection, interviews are still only one part of an application, we cannot accurately judge how they actually went, nobody will have had a perfect interview, and plenty of people who get in felt their interviews went badly. Those are some of the things I keep telling myself!

But still, I know how you feel. The worst is that I feel like I didn't do my best in them, and could have done better.

ReputationRep:
      Ok friends, so I had an interview at st Hugh's for English, then was asked to stay on another day for an interview at st Catherine's- which college am I more likely to get an offer from, (if I were to get an offer)

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by tesstickles2727)
      Ok friends, so I had an interview at st Hugh's for English, then was asked to stay on another day for an interview at st Catherine's- which college am I more likely to get an offer from, (if I were to get an offer)
      No-one can tell you that as there is still the option of your application being pooled and being picked up by a completely different college

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MouseyBrown)
      I did similar things! I guess just remember that they are not expecting perfection, interviews are still only one part of an application, we cannot accurately judge how they actually went, nobody will have had a perfect interview, and plenty of people who get in felt their interviews went badly. Those are some of the things I keep telling myself!

But still, I know how you feel. The worst is that I feel like I didn't do my best in them, and could have done better.

Most people feel like that after interviews in terms of focussing on the negatives whilst forgetting about any of the positives. But that's what the tutors are looking at, the positives not necessarily the things you didn't say. They're not marking you down for everything you said/did not say but rather assessing your academic potential which cannot be stressed enough.

As hard as it may seem try to focus on your A-Levels (or the equivalent) as well as enjoying the holidays for the time being

ReputationRep:
      Anybody in Oxford that wants to hang out? Exp psy st johns here in Oxford at the moment

ReputationRep:
      Anyone at Keble for compsci right now?
      • Community Assistant
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      I had such a good time at Oxford this week. Wish I could stay there forever. January 6th needs to hurry up!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by EvasiveRose)
      No-one can tell you that as there is still the option of your application being pooled and being picked up by a completely different college
      How will they know they want you if they haven't interviewed you? I'm guessing the college you were interviewed at passes on their comments?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Edminzodo)
      I had such a good time at Oxford this week. Wish I could stay there forever. January 6th needs to hurry up!
      Exactly how I feel!! What have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by opaleyedragon)
      Anyone at Keble for compsci right now?
      Comsci at St. Catz, but my second college would be Keble!

ReputationRep:
      Just arrived at Somerville and have settled into my room.

ReputationRep:
      Hi people!

Sorry for anyone who has already seen this, but I thought I should re-post for those who are having their interviews this week:

This time last year, I was disappointed to not be able to find much information from applicants to Oxford on their interview experiences, so I made a video to try and help you guys out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCYhF8B0pbM

This video is about my own experience - everyone has a completely different experience of interviews, so please don't worry if your reaction to interviews is different to mine!I hope it helps

ReputationRep:
      To everyone who has already had their interviews, I hope you all enjoyed your Oxford experience! Don't worry about how well you performed - it's impossible to tell. Just try and relax and look forward the holidays now!

Best of luck to everyone who still has interviews to go!
      • TSR Support Team
      • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by danniegee)
      Hi people!

Sorry for anyone who has already seen this, but I thought I should re-post for those who are having their interviews this week:

This time last year, I was disappointed to not be able to find much information from applicants to Oxford on their interview experiences, so I made a video to try and help you guys out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCYhF8B0pbM

This video is about my own experience - everyone has a completely different experience of interviews, so please don't worry if your reaction to interviews is different to mine!I hope it helps
      Can't believe you opened your letter on camera, that was very brave!!!

ReputationRep:
      In St Anne's now until at least 15th, maybe 16th

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Plagioclase)
      Can't believe you opened your letter on camera, that was very brave!!!
      I must have been crazy, I know... :P

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by danniegee)
      I must have been crazy, I know... :P
      All it matters was that you enjoyed the interviews

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by hermionegrangcr)
      All it matters was that you enjoyed the interviews
      You sound like my echo

ReputationRep:
      does anyone else think they have post-interview stress disorder? I keep having flashbacks of things I said and cringing

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.