Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Arsenal v Southampton
    Hull v Newcastle
    Manchester United v West Ham
    Liverpool v Leeds

Means another couple of big teams will go out and we probably got the weakest team in the draw at home
    I would've taken Hull over Leeds honestly, but still a good draw.

Can't underestimate those Championship teams - they will love playing a PL team and they'll really go for it.

Being at home is a big deal.

ReputationRep:
    We can put out a weakened side again at home and keep our first XI fresh

ReputationRep:
    By my reckoning it'll come between Sunderland at home and Bournemouth away, can't see us needing to rest players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I would've taken Hull over Leeds honestly, but still a good draw.

Can't underestimate those Championship teams - they will love playing a PL team and they'll really go for it.

Being at home is a big deal.
    Ehh Leeds in patchy form. Newcastle would've been tougher since in good form and Rafa coming back.

Looks like one team will luck out and get the winner of Hull/Newcastle in the semi-finals.

ReputationRep:
    Ehh Leeds in patchy form. Newcastle would've been tougher since in good form and Rafa coming back.

Looks like one team will luck out and get the winner of Hull/Newcastle in the semi-finals.
    Honestly people are underestimating Newcastle - they're certainly better than a lot of Premier League sides at the moment.

The hope is that Hull beat them and we draw them in the semis. Then we thrash United in the final

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Then we thrash United in the final
    You'll get Mourinho'd again except this time we'll nick a win and it will be even more painful for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    You'll get Mourinho'd again except this time we'll nick a win and it will be even more painful for you
    Cute.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Honestly people are underestimating Newcastle - they're certainly better than a lot of Premier League sides at the moment.

The hope is that Hull beat them and we draw them in the semis. Then we thrash United in the final
    Newcastle's second team is better than half the sides in the Premier League. It's farcical how that team got relegated last season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Newcastle's second team is better than half the sides in the Premier League. It's farcical how that team got relegated last season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    With Rafa managing them too, they're actually one of the tougher draws you could get.

They'll get promoted with room to spare and I reckon they'll have a decent return to the PL too.

ReputationRep:
    Klopp, Guardiola, Mourinho, Conte and Rafa all managing in the same league :coma:

Oh, and Wenger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Rafa may have finally picked a good job to go to. Did well at Valencia and Liverpool.

Bad moves to Inter Milan, Chelsea and Real Madrid whereas Napoli didn't work out exactly how he wanted.

Newcastle will come up easily. He'll fix the squad and I'd fancy them to finish 10-16th the following season and 7-13th the year after..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Steve McLaren
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Steve McLaren
    The fact he was even given the job after he couldn't get a Derby side who spent a fortune into the play offs is laughable. Let's not forget they paid more for Bradley Johnson than Leicester paid for N'Golo Kante.

Rafa may have finally picked a good job to go to. Did well at Valencia and Liverpool.

Bad moves to Inter Milan, Chelsea and Real Madrid whereas Napoli didn't work out exactly how he wanted.

Newcastle will come up easily. He'll fix the squad and I'd fancy them to finish 10-16th the following season and 7-13th the year after..
    I've got a bet on them getting more than 106pts. They'll be promoted by March.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool are serious Premier League title contenders this season, according to Sir Alex Ferguson.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37792642

Master of mind games getting involved? He must be really worried for Man Utd..

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool are serious Premier League title contenders this season, according to Sir Alex Ferguson.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37792642

Master of mind games getting involved? He must be really worried for Man Utd..
    He knows how we crumbled last one around so heaping on the pressure early is the only thing he can think to do.

Klopp doesn't bother with mind games or anything though which is refreshing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    He knows how we crumbled last one around so heaping on the pressure early is the only thing he can think to do.

Klopp doesn't bother with mind games or anything though which is refreshing.
    Equally - if we end up doing average he'll come across as an old fool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    Equally - if we end up doing average he'll come across as an old fool.
    I don't think enough people would notice/care though because we aren't expected to win the league.

The jealousy from other clubs is immense though - we've only lost 1 game all season to Burnley (who have been exceptional against big clubs) and people are still talking about it. As soon as we slip up, people are all over it and it's hilarious.
    They play up our supposed defensive frailties even though we've conceded less PL goals than United and only 6 in our last 7 PL games.

ReputationRep:
    And the German seems happy with the praise given to his side from former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson who described them on Thursday as serious title challengers.

"Is it allowed for me to say I like Alex Ferguson?," said Klopp. "I met him before I was Liverpool manager. Nice for him to say something positive."
    #banter
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Karius, Clyne, Lovren, Matip, Moreno, Henderson, Can, Lallana, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino

Subs:Mignolet, Randall, Lucas, Klavan, Wijnaldum, Origi, Sturridge.

ReputationRep:
    Klopp 5 minutes after starting Moreno:

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1477755103.640610.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  19.0 KB

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.