Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frappe framboise)
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE!!!!!!!!!! A huge bat just flew into my room!!!! I've bombed out of there and am camping out in the living room :yikes:
    I literally gasped when I read this lol.
    I feel for you :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fliortia)
    I sent my History papers off to Edexcel for a remark and they reappeared the same day without so much as a single UMS mark changed after paying £84 and the entire history department telling me that they could suggest no improvements for my answers - and many other people had similar experiences that I know. I would be wary of the exam boards.
    Well, obviously your experiences vary from mine. I do think, however, that OP (and you) would wonder about what could have been if you hadn't sent your papers off for a remark. What course/uni are you hoping to get into?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usernameishard)
    just got my results, massive shock and really low but enough to get into uni, failed one of my final units :O
    :hugs: I'm sorry. Dw, there are plenty course in clearing!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by lilGem)
    That horrible moment when your laptop decides to crash and you get an e-mail from amazon :sigh:
    I got an email saying "Clearing and Adjustment" but couldn't see who it was from, turns out to be a mass e-mail from Kent about it - my heart skipped a little beat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frappe framboise)
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE!!!!!!!!!! A huge bat just flew into my room!!!! I've bombed out of there and am camping out in the living room :yikes:
    Lmao. That made me laugh :laugh::laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryMWilliams)
    I'm only waiting on a chemistry grade, both biology and psychology would have to be flopped 90% to get below a B.

What are your subjects?
    Maths, Geography and Physics.

Maths, I needed an average of 75 between C4 and S1.. eh I just don't know! Geography, I will get that A no problem. Then there's physics. A subject in which I had 3 exams and 2 practicals in this summer's exam series.

I really want AAB so either Maths or Physics needs to swing in my favour...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryMWilliams)
    I got an email saying "Clearing and Adjustment" but couldn't see who it was from, turns out to be a mass e-mail from Kent about it - my heart skipped a little beat.
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryl)
    :hugs: I'm sorry. Dw, there are plenty course in clearing!
    aww thank you but I neeed EE to get into uni and got CDE so I'm good, just depressed that I failed a unit in the course I'm going off to study :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    yeah sleep...about that thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usernameishard)
    aww thank you but I neeed EE to get into uni and got CDE so I'm good, just depressed that I failed a unit in the course I'm going off to study :unimpressed:
    Oh congrats then! Celebrate ;D

ReputationRep:
    Is there really any point in sleeping now ?

ReputationRep:
    I'm very nervous, I don't want a repeat of March today. Good-luck everybody!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Its 9 am where I am. Just got the results by email. Made my offer. God I'm going to LSE, I can't ****ing believe it!!!

Good luck everyone, hope you all make the uni of your choice.

ReputationRep:
    ERGHHH! Just got back from work!
    Walking home was following the thread so much that i walked into a brick wall.. good sign?! not!!

so worried

ReputationRep:
    Dozed off for 15 minutes watching Mad Men Can't believe after everything I find out in less than 2 hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abhiksetia)
    Its 9 am where I am. Just got the results by email. Made my offer. God I'm going to LSE, I can't ****ing believe it!!!

Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    Writing a list of unis and courses with phone numbers already from clearing, to be prepared to the 98% chance of me going through clearing
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by xDanny 117)
    x
    How was Maths for you? What exam board are you on, is it Edexcel?

(Original post by lilGem)
    x
    Clearing preparation in full swing with colour-coordinated plans depending on grades! YES.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abhiksetia)

Congrats

ReputationRep:
    Just woke up and now I know I won't be getting back to sleep - so nervous! Not long to go now :O

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.