Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    Agree with that was speaking to one of my unfortunate spud mates and he was saying rather than a few holding mids they needed someone to create something when Bale aint turning up and now Bales on his way it is more of a problem, figured Holtby might push on this year but dunno if it will be enough (hopefully not)
    I think that is where Willian would have been a perfect fit for them. We're quite lucky they missed out on him.

ReputationRep:
    Shame Spurs won again but they're not convincing. Okay their new players will need time to bed in but so far their only goals have been penalties. As I said, they are desperate for some creativity, Sandro, Capoue and Paulinho are all too similar. Their fullbacks are also pretty poor, I would be surprised if they don't bring in a LB before the window closes.

Should be a good game next week, will be intriguing.

ReputationRep:
    £26m Cardiff 3-2 £331m Man City :rolleyes:
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    We will win against Spurs next week. I'm sure of that, despite lack of signings I still believe our team is stronger with more experience... What now spurs can't even win a game without a penalty decision? PATHETIC, they need someone to come 'bale' then out eh .
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by 419)
    You have to use common sense and choose pick what to believe. 99.9% certain Poldi isn't leaving.
    Exactly, especially with them 2 goals he scored yesterday. His place at Arsenal is sealed tight. Arsene even said so.

ReputationRep:
    Spurs have quantity but not quality, we are the opposite.

Players like Rosicky, Wilshere and Cazorla would walk into the spurs side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)

Wilshere would limp into their side

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    Wilshere would limp into their side
    Crip walk infact

ReputationRep:
    is dembele injured at the moment? - isnt he spurs creative midfielder? (minus bale)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    is dembele injured at the moment? - isnt he spurs creative midfielder? (minus bale)
    Dembele isn't creative. He's just got a decent shot on him and a bit of strength tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Either one of Sandro, Paulinho and Capoue would probably walk into the Arsenal side, as you're so desperate for a DM. These type of comparisons don't really prove anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Players like Lloris, Vertonghen, Sandro/Paulinho and Soldado would walk into the Arsenal side.

See what I did there?

ReputationRep:
    This really has the makings of the most open title race in recent times. The so called big teams are gonna draw and lose a few games. We'll never have a better chance to mount a challenge - if we stay consistent, you never know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tbh everyone thinks they will be title contenders at the start of the season. We may then see numerous teams getting their reality checks by November

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    We will win against Spurs next week. I'm sure of that, despite lack of signings I still believe our team is stronger with more experience... What now spurs can't even win a game without a penalty decision? PATHETIC, they need someone to come 'bale' then out eh .
    Stronger in what sense? If you guys want to compete in all competitions then you need depth. Whats funny is that even last season there was a concern that Wenger was overplaying some of his players like Wilshere and Cazorla because he hardly rotated. With your current squad that situation is going to be worse, since you have even less players than last season. You can't rely on the whole first 11 to perform consistently through the whole season, that's absurd. I mean if you guys were 2-0 down to Spurs who would you have on your bench to 'Bale' you out?

All the top European teams have options, you don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stopmessing)
    Stronger in what sense? If you guys want to compete in all competitions then you need depth. Whats funny is that even last season there was a concern that Wenger was overplaying some of his players like Wilshere and Cazorla because he hardly rotated. With your current squad that situation is going to be worse since you have even less players than last season. You can't rely on the whole first 11 to perform consistently through the whole season, that's absurd. I mean if you guys were 2-0 down to Spurs who would you have on your bench to bring on who could 'Bale' you out? All the top European teams have options, you don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wenger is bringing in players. Probably 3 or 4 and that will give us the depth we need once we welcome back Ox and Diaby. It'll give us a squad size of about 22/23.

As for being two nil down to spurs. Cough. 5-2, ring any bells?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    Tbh everyone thinks they will be title contenders at the start of the season. We may then see numerous teams getting their reality checks by November
    Usually the Everton's and Newcastles who don't have the squads to keep it up. Arsenal need to bring people in, the CB issue is the biggest for me. 3 CBs just is not enough, its the bare minimum you want to enter a game with let alone a season. Then the striker issue, still not convinced by Giroud, and beyond him you're limited. I think Arsenal need 3 players,of standard before you can talk about a title challenge, CB, DM/CM, and ST.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)
    Wenger is bringing in players. Probably 3 or 4 and that will give us the depth we need once we welcome back Ox and Diaby. It'll give us a squad size of about 22/23.

As for being two nil down to spurs. Cough. 5-2, ring any bells?
    I'll believe it when I see it. Oh and that match where you had a man advantage for more than 3/4 of the game?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stopmessing)
    I'll believe it when I see it. Oh and that match where you had a man advantage for more than 3/4 of the game?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No. Haha.

Your memory obviously isn't as good as you think it is. 5-2 has become a bit of a theme at the Emirates. The one before that when we trailed 2-0 at half time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)
    No. Haha.

Your memory obviously isn't as good as you think it is. 5-2 has become a bit of a theme at the Emirates. The one before that when we trailed 2-0 at half time.
    Ohhhh right.... you're talking about the very last game between you two sides where you were trailing 2-0 at HT? Ahh finally we're on speaking terms! And talking about themes at the Emirates.... Hasn't empty seats and booing become quite a regular theme over there recently? Or is my memory deceiving me again? :rolleyes:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.