Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Yeah but it's a question of who RM will buy. I can see them buying Rodriguez tho..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah they have to buy a striker if Benzema is to leave. Rodriguez is an attacking midfielder, similar to Isco but does occasionally operate as a forward or a false nine. I don't think R Madrid will go for him though but who knows. Benzema won't leave if they signed him though. So I reckon they'd be looking for a striker, preferably Falcao.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger not buying Cesc so that Barca can get a higher price and get the money to buy Suarez so that they can sell Sanchez to us. Genius. Troll. Enigma. Wenger.

ReputationRep:
    Ideally we'd sell Cazorla tbh, dont see how he fits into the team atm with Sanchez/Ozil/Ramsey/Walcott/AOC/Wilshere/Rosicky all able to play as the 3 AMs

Gnabry will have to out on loan to, definitely good enough for the likes of Southampton on loan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Ideally we'd sell Cazorla tbh, dont see how he fits into the team atm with Sanchez/Ozil/Ramsey/Walcott/AOC/Wilshere/Rosicky all able to play as the 3 AMs

Gnabry will have to out on loan to, definitely good enough for the likes of Southampton on loan.
    Sanchez/Ramsey/Walcott will never play as AM though. May as well keep him and tell Rosicky to **** off. An Arsenal 'legend' who spent more time on the injury table milking the club for thousands than on the pitch winning games :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I'd say keep him. Good impact sub to have, can be important when struggling-BVB comes to mind- and injury cover. Also will be vital for rotating for when Sanchez/ Ozil need resting. Loving the depth in midfield. Pretty much content with midfield bar an upgrade on Arteta now.

Sign a striker, a RB, keep Verm and the GK and all set to challenge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Sanchez/Ramsey/Walcott will never play as AM though. May as well keep him and tell Rosicky to **** off. An Arsenal 'legend' who spent more time on the injury table milking the club for thousands than on the pitch winning games :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ideally we should keep all of them for depth and rotation purposes. It'd e ****ing brilliant looking at the bench to see cazorla, podolski, wilshere, rosicky, ox etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    I'd say keep him. Good impact sub and can be important when struggling. BVB comes to mind especially. Also will be vital for rotating for when Sanchez/ Ozil need resting. Loving the depth in especially. Pretty much content with midfield bar an upgrade on Arteta now.

We should be signing one youn cb someone like ginter would be awesome if caulker aint available.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Rosicky is a fantastic footballer in all honesty, I think he's better than Cazorla. Still plays with great stanima and performs in big games unlike Cazorla. Rosicky is the kind of midfielder who plays well with anyone as well, Santi doesnt like playing with Ozil for instance.

And 2011/12 Rosicky was 100% the difference between CL footie and not, and who knows where we'd be without that now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    I'd say keep him. Good impact sub to have, can be important when struggling-BVB comes to mind- and injury cover. Also will be vital for rotating for when Sanchez/ Ozil need resting. Loving the depth in midfield. Pretty much content with midfield bar an upgrade on Arteta now.

Lots of talk about Remy for £10m again tonight. I like that idea all things considered. Different to Giroud, good finisher and happy to be a squad player

Mandzukic going to AM for £17m pisses me off though, should be all over that...

ReputationRep:
    Lots of talk about Remy for £10m again tonight. I like that idea all things considered. Different to Giroud, good finisher and happy to be a squad player

Don't know why but I'm not really convinced by him. Maybe if he does well at Atlético I'll start taking him in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Happy to be a squad player? What does that say about Remy's character? Chamakh 2.0 waiting to happen. Bare in mind he snubbed Newcastle for QPR obviously for the ££££

We're better off giving Campbell a go tbh. We owe it to him in fairness. The boy has confidence and hunger that comes with youth, it's so blatant when he plays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Don't know why but I'm not really convinced by him. Maybe if he does well at Atlético I'll start taking him in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    One of those strikers who does a lot of subtle and underrated things really. I like him lots and think Atl have got at least as good a player as Costa for half the money

(Original post by sevchenko)
    Happy to be a squad player? What does that say about Remy's character? Chamakh 2.0 waiting to happen. Bare in mind he snubbed Newcastle for QPR obviously for the ££££

We're better off giving Campbell a go tbh. We owe it to him in fairness. The boy has confidence and hunger that comes with youth, it's so blatant when he plays.
    It's one of those things. Yaya Toure is a complete mercenary but still performs
    And there are such things as professional squad players too of course.

But yeah, dont think there's much between Joel and Remy and he has the potential to be great so happy to have him on the bench instead

ReputationRep:

Yeah. No excuse can justify us not going for mandzukic in my book. Just like Cesc another one that could've been great and within our grasp that we willing let go for some reason.

Remy definitely underwhelms me. Not a fan of his in the slightest. But, the guy's been desperate since forever to come so hopefully he'll be eager and passionate to perform- so that's something there. I'm content to have him. Definitely rather that than go into with just Giroud as main striker.

We'll create enough chances for him to score around 15 goals. So if we can get him, giroud, sanchez, theo, rambo into double figures and hopefully 2 of them get over the 20 mark that should be 70-80 goals MINIMUM between those 5. With ozil, poldi, santi contributing around the 7+ mark- we should have enough goals overall within the squad. It's clear that we're been set up to spread the goals around and build upon quick one-twos around the 18 yard box- so that was perhaps why there was a lack of interest in Mandzukic- I'm probably wrong though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Ideally we should keep all of them for depth and rotation purposes. It'd e ****ing brilliant looking at the bench to see cazorla, podolski, wilshere, rosicky, ox etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Doubt you can keep all those happy though.

Rosicky is a fantastic footballer in all honesty, I think he's better than Cazorla. Still plays with great stanima and performs in big games unlike Cazorla. Rosicky is the kind of midfielder who plays well with anyone as well, Santi doesnt like playing with Ozil for instance.

And 2011/12 Rosicky was 100% the difference between CL footie and not, and who knows where we'd be without that now?
    Tbh that comment was more tongue-in-cheek than anything else. Yeah Rosicky is a player who puts in a good, but never (or rarely) an excellent performance. He's the type of player who excels when top quality players are around him. Sounds simple but. I rate Cazorla highly though, his use of both feet :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Doubt you can keep all those happy though.

Tbh that comment was more tongue-in-cheek than anything else. Yeah Rosicky is a player who puts in a good, but never (or rarely) an excellent performance. He's the type of player who excels when top quality players are around him. Sounds simple but. I rate Cazorla highly though, his use of both feet :coma:
    Players like Rosicky are line breakers though, while Cazorla shuffling on the wing sideways, Tommy makes those intelligent runs that make things happen. Like Iniesta and I think that's an underrated trait. I also appreciate the fact Rosicky will get stuck in and has some fight whereas too often I see Santi dejected and and out-fought in tough games.

No harm keeping him around anyway, he's a player Wilshere can learn from .

ReputationRep:
    One of those strikers who does a lot of subtle and underrated things really. I like him lots and think Atl have got at least as good a player as Costa for half the money

It's one of those things. Yaya Toure is a complete mercenary but still performs
    And there are such things as professional squad players too of course.

But yeah, dont think there's much between Joel and Remy and he has the potential to be great so happy to have him on the bench instead
    Yaya Toure ain't a mercenary. His unhappiness was due to him not being able to talk to his brother before he died as City forced him to go to a trip, it was not about money.

I feel for the guy tbh. But regardless yes Toure will perform. Remember somebody telling me that City spent too much on Yaya toure(liverpool fan) and I was like he should have costed more. Now I'm sure he feels different.

ReputationRep:
    Players like Rosicky are line breakers though, while Cazorla shuffling on the wing sideways, Tommy makes those intelligent runs that make things happen. Like Iniesta and I think that's an underrated trait. I also appreciate the fact Rosicky will get stuck in and has some fight whereas too often I see Santi dejected and and out-fought in tough games.

No harm keeping him around anyway, he's a player Wilshere can learn from .
    Yeah he's Arsenal through and through always good to have that senior influence around the club. Tbh don't watch enough of Arsenal to comment fully so i'll take your word for it. He's a player that you can't hate though!

ReputationRep:
    Guardian Football Weekly, literally 1 minute in:

James Richardson: ''Are you distraught?''
    Barry Glendelling: ''I feel sorry for Brazil, I don't think any team deserves a hammering like that. Well maybe Arsenal...''
    [laughter all round]

Just unbelievable. Mate...why always us?

ReputationRep:
    Guardian Football Weekly, literally 1 minute in:

James Richardson: ''Are you distraught?''
    Barry Glendelling: ''I feel sorry for Brazil, I don't think any team deserves a hammering like that. Well maybe Arsenal...''
    [laughter all round]

Just unbelievable. Mate...why always us?
    Huge northern bias tbh, they are seen as "proper" football clubs and glorified as old school working class clubs. This country has a large cognitive bias towards those from the disadvantaged backgrounds/victims in general.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Yaya Toure ain't a mercenary. His unhappiness was due to him not being able to talk to his brother before he died as City forced him to go to a trip, it was not about money.

I feel for the guy tbh. But regardless yes Toure will perform. Remember somebody telling me that City spent too much on Yaya toure(liverpool fan) and I was like he should have costed more. Now I'm sure he feels different.
    He joined City when they didn't have CL football but did have money. I'm not sure but he probably had offers from a better team.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.