Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    They should really teach basic economics/budgeting skills in schools.
    Mhmmmm. I mean it's common sense really, but some people lack the ability to live within their means. The frustrating thing is it's usually ditsy girls who'll marry a rich guy and their lifestyle will be funded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    Mhmmmm. I mean it's common sense really, but some people lack the ability to live within their means. The frustrating thing is it's usually ditsy girls who'll marry a rich guy and their lifestyle will be funded.

Are you going to marry a rich guy
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    Champagne lifestyle on lemonade wages. I'm guilty of doing it to some extent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    If you honestly think you need a macbook you're a piece of ****
    Yeah that's a ******** ting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Champagne lifestyle on lemonade wages. I'm guilty of doing it to some extent.
    You can do it to an extent as long as it's not a permanent lifestyle change. The problems arise when people become dependant on it, and actually convince themselves that it's sustainable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Are you going to marry a rich guy
    What does my sexuality have to do with anything?

ReputationRep:
    Hello :girl:

ReputationRep:
    Oh look, all my brothers are here :cool:

Waddup.

ReputationRep:
    know what you guys mean about living beyond your means..

I was very guilty of doing that as a student, and only now that I am working am I realising the true cost of leading the life I want to, and doing it in a sustainable manner that wont end in me being financially ****ed.

in the end there is only 2 options: Reduce your quality of life and live within your means... or increase your means..

Nothing wrong with a girl increasing their means by getting a rich guy. both parties will probably be happy, for the short-term atleast.

ReputationRep:
    Please don't let her ruin the misc. Not the misc! anything but the misc. SR don't let it happen

ReputationRep:
    Most students in certain halls are generally morons, it really depends on what type of halls you end up in.

Sister got bullied for being German, and her friend also for being German Turkish. Got yelled at with the "Heil Hitler" b.s. and also targetting of her mixed heritage. Had her stuff stolen/vandalised by the girls and the guys. She went to the same RG as I did. So, I am under no illusions that the average student can be just as cretinous as the stereotypical mong on the street. Also, the Facebook/Twitter bull****, God.

I got pissed off when I found out and print screened all of their posts online, racist stuff included. One of the girls was a national level athlete. So funnily, when she found out I deliberately stitched them up hilarity ensued. I went around with some mates personally to warn them first, that they had a chance to change (obviously did not aware them of the print screens I had). The guys stepped the **** down like the little first year pussies they were. But then I decided "**** that" and deliberately baited them even more online with a dud 'student' account. More print screens.

After that I released the print screens one by one on social networks and sites like Reddit and 4Chan. Hilarity ensued. Sister told me to stop as I was going a bit far and the girl was on the floor puking up from fear her whole life was crashing. The rest of them were in their rooms in tears. It was chaos and they were at each others' throats anyway because they were paranoid that one of them was a mole lmao. They begged to have them removed as they were getting a lot of hate mail for their publicly published views, I moved my sister to another halls which she ended up meeting good friends.

They wrote a letter in apology even when I said they did not need to. And asked me to remove the pictures. I did... well in part. Sent them 'proof'. Little do they know I left a few crumbs :lol: . One of the lads who they sent to be their 'spokesperson' could not look me and my mates in the eyes lol. Funny thing he said when I was giving him the death stare in public "You would not be so confident without your mates there". My response "Oh, but they are :lol:".

But, ok, maybe that whole episode did not show the best side of me. Went a bit far but oh well, no regrets really.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Please don't let her ruin the misc. Not the misc! anything but the misc. SR don't let it happen
    Reported her to the powers that be 3 months ago and nothing was done about it.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    is 60% out of 100% alright? (if that makes sense)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Most students in certain halls are generally morons, it really depends on what type of halls you end up in.

Sister got bullied for being German, and her friend also for being German Turkish. Got yelled at with the "Heil Hitler" b.s. and also targetting of her mixed heritage. Had her stuff stolen/vandalised by the girls and the guys. She went to the same RG as I did. So, I am under no illusions that the average student can be just as cretinous as the stereotypical mong on the street. Also, the Facebook/Twitter bull****, God.

I got pissed off when I found out and print screened all of their posts online, racist stuff included. One of the girls was a national level athlete. So funnily, when she found out I deliberately stitched them up hilarity ensued. I went around with some mates personally to warn them first, that they had a chance to change (obviously did not aware them of the print screens I had). The guys stepped the **** down like the little first year pussies they were. But then I decided "**** that" and deliberately baited them even more online with a dud 'student' account. More print screens.

After that I released the print screens one by one on social networks and sites like Reddit and 4Chan. Hilarity ensued. Sister told me to stop as I was going a bit far and the girl was on the floor puking up from fear her whole life was crashing. The rest of them were in their rooms in tears. It was chaos and they were at each others' throats anyway because they were paranoid that one of them was a mole lmao. They begged to have them removed as they were getting a lot of hate mail for their publicly published views, I moved my sister to another halls which she ended up meeting good friends.

They wrote a letter in apology even when I said they did not need to. And asked me to remove the pictures. I did... well in part. Sent them 'proof'. Little do they know I left a few crumbs :lol: . One of the lads who they sent to be their 'spokesperson' could not look me and my mates in the eyes lol. Funny thing he said when I was giving him the death stare in public "You would not be so confident without your mates there". My response "Oh, but they are :lol:".

But, ok, maybe that whole episode did not show the best side of me. Went a bit far but oh well, no regrets really.
    Omg that's absolutely horrible, why on Earth would they do stuff like that to your sister?!

I don't blame you for what you did tbh, looks like they learned the hard way and hopefully now they won't treat people badly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

(Original post by sr90)
    Reported her to the powers that be 3 months ago and nothing was done about it.
    Me? :cry2:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    is 60% out of 100% alright? (if that makes sense)
    For an essay? That's a 2.1, so yes. 60 usually indicates that the majority of what you wrote was good, you're on the right lines, but there is something that you haven't done enough of or missed out on.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    For an essay? That's a 2.1, so yes. 60 usually indicates that the majority of what you wrote was good, you're on the right lines, but there is something that you haven't done enough of or missed out on.
    No, it's for an online MCQ assessment which is worth 10% of the module marks. Got 60% for it lol and ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    Omg that's absolutely horrible, why on Earth would they do stuff like that to your sister?!

I don't blame you for what you did tbh, looks like they learned the hard way and hopefully now they won't treat people badly.

Open and widespread racism. And people opposed to it did not speak out against it. The German Turk was muslim, they drew a pig's face on her door. Stuff like that.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    No, it's for an online MCQ assessment which is worth 10% of the module marks. Got 60% for it lol and ok thanks
    Multiple Choice Questions? I wish I had stuff like that in my degree... you got the majority of them right so nothing to complain about
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Multiple Choice Questions? I wish I had stuff like that in my degree... you got the majority of them right so nothing to complain about
    Yup! My uni makes certain stuff too easy :rofl: majority of people will cheat. Google is your friend. Although it's hard to find proper law cases on google etc. And it's timed but still easy. Answered them honestly hence why only 60% and yeah guess you're right haha thanks.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 5, 2015
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.