Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My nephew is staying with us this weekend. I really don't have a connection with him and I hate myself for it. Obviously I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to him or anything but I don't know why I find it hard to do stuff with him.
    I don't know if it's because I'm gay so I'm never going to have biological children of my own or what.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnie)
    I don't understand myself

I've had endless energy for about 2 weeks - Up on cloud coocoo thinking i'm winning the lottery (can't remember any of this - just have the evidence on this forum) followed by a 4 day anxiety attack where I was off the rails drinking, paranoid and doing all sorts of stupid things.

And now i'm not anxious at all, just completely exhausted, low and emotional. I'm not the kind of person who thinks negative thoughts about myself. I don't think i'm worthless or a horrible person. I'm just tired and meh and could probably sleep for 12 hours straight.

i'm convinced that this isn't triggered by outside events, just something wrong in my brain that I can't control.
    :console: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous #2)
    My nephew is staying with us this weekend. I really don't have a connection with him and I hate myself for it. Obviously I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to him or anything but I don't know why I find it hard to do stuff with him.
    I don't know if it's because I'm gay so I'm never going to have biological children of my own or what.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You do know you can still have your own biological child, so dont get too down on yourself!
    I dont think ill have much in common with my nephew when hes older. But ill still love him and care about him just like you do yours

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can still have children hun, there's donors and stuff. Plus I'm pretty sure scientists have come up with a way to create a zygote from 2 eggs, anything will be possible in the future!

ReputationRep:
    life is one hell of a pathetic, sick joke
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :penguinhug:

(Original post by ScaryScience)
    life is one hell of a pathetic, sick joke
    :jumphug: Currently on Facebook if you need a rant :hugs: Not sure how much longer I'll be there, coz supposed to be working :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    You do know you can still have your own biological child, so dont get too down on yourself!
    I dont think ill have much in common with my nephew when hes older. But ill still love him and care about him just like you do yours

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks Really? I honestly thought I was the only person who felt like this :hugs:

(Original post by Odd socks)
    You can still have children hun, there's donors and stuff. Plus I'm pretty sure scientists have come up with a way to create a zygote from 2 eggs, anything will be possible in the future!
    Mmm yeah Need to find somebody to have one with first though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not in a good place atm. Everything hurts I came home and its not helped because I know nothing has changed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    Not in a good place atm. Everything hurts I came home and its not helped because I know nothing has changed.
    :console: :hugs: :console:

Sorry, I was gonna say something more useful but it popped out of my head. Memory of a goldfish here

ReputationRep:
    Big :hugs: to everyone :-) hopefully my new account won't offend as many people...

ReputationRep:

Sorry, I was gonna say something more useful but it popped out of my head. Memory of a goldfish here
    Ha, don't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Might buy some booze to drink by myself.

Just not feeling good.

ReputationRep:

:jumphug: Currently on Facebook if you need a rant :hugs: Not sure how much longer I'll be there, coz supposed to be working :ninja:
    :hugs: tiz ok, have no words. just very ill

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Really? I honestly thought I was the only person who felt like this :hugs:

Mmm yeah Need to find somebody to have one with first though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Theres deffo ways for LGBT people to have their own biological children, even women that cant hold a pregnancy to term can still have their own biological children by using a host womb. Science is wonderful these days!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Theres deffo ways for LGBT people to have their own biological children, even women that cant hold a pregnancy to term can still have their own biological children by using a host womb. Science is wonderful these days!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow, really? In all honesty I haven't looked into it much, I just presumed I couldn't. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow, really? In all honesty I haven't looked into it much, I just presumed I couldn't. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yep science is a good thing nowadays

ReputationRep:
    Who is gonna be making the new thread? Nearly there...

ReputationRep:
    Managed to get a decent night's sleep last night and do some uni work today. Also, told one of my lecturers about my MH issues and how I'm struggling with work and he sent me this nice message about how he can help me catch up with work and stuff which meant a lot Still feeling really messed up and my GP appointment on Monday can't come soon enough. I'm certain they're going to put me back on meds and feel a bit bad about that but at this point I have to admit I actually need them as it's a new issue for me and I can't handle it on my own

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LesPaul_Player91)
    Managed to get a decent night's sleep last night and do some uni work today. Also, told one of my lecturers about my MH issues and how I'm struggling with work and he sent me this nice message about how he can help me catch up with work and stuff which meant a lot Still feeling really messed up and my GP appointment on Monday can't come soon enough. I'm certain they're going to put me back on meds and feel a bit bad about that but at this point I have to admit I actually need them as it's a new issue for me and I can't handle it on my own
    I hope the appointment goes alright for you. There's absolutely no shame in taking meds if that's what happens :hugs:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.