Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    **** watching football with other people. Chilling at home and watching the games. To many asinine *******s that call themselves football fans.
    omg who is barkley? why is he playing?

omg is beckham on the bench?

OMG

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Nothing new tbh. As long as Roy Hodgson is the manager England won't do well.
    We did quite well at the Euros

ReputationRep:
    wilshere releasing the ball early? what is this madness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excuse Me!)
    I honestly don't rate welbeck at all. Hopefully Chamberlain will be fit or perhaps Sterling.

Lallanas the best englishmen right now - future captain.
    You're drunk.

(Original post by manchesterunited15)
    We did quite well at the Euros
    What another Quarter final finish? I don't really rate Roy. Tactically he is retarded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    Impressive how no matter what we do we seem to be able to create a team devoid of creativity.

Hopefully this second half is better. Hopefully Wilshere, Henderson, and Barkely can provide a bit of drive.
    I think in central midfield England are suffering Man United syndrome, nobody is dropping deep from the AM positions, then trying to push forward after getting the ball. Also I feel that there's a lot of space for players to go in the middle if there was more movement from the players, there's not enough fluidity between the central midfield and the AMs. It feels rigid there.

Saying that, Barkley coming in has made the team suddenly play much better. We're starting to drive more and there is more integration between the CMs and the AMs.

ReputationRep:
    You're definitely a once every 4 years football expert if you think Lallana is the best englishman.
    Who's played better than him this season?

Only argument i could see is Sturridge but other than that Lallanas the only one thats put in consistently good performances.

I am more than a 'once in every 4 years fan'. Maybe you've not been up to date with the past season?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, we're starting to create holes in the opposition once again now that Rooney is off.

Drop him for Italy, it's plain to see.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, we're starting to create holes in the opposition once again now that Rooney is off.

But his stats though. His stats. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    What another Quarter final finish? I don't really rate Roy. Tactically he is retarded.
    Draw with France and Italy, win against Sweden and Ukraine, can't complain about that. France and Italy were at our level if not better so a draw is a decent result.

It's better than Capello or McClaren did, and as good as Sven, but Sven had a better team so Hodgson is the best England manager I've seen in my life.

ReputationRep:

couldn't agree more
    however who to replace him?

ReputationRep:
    Dear God, we're so much better when we have players willing to take a man on and move off the ball.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excuse Me!)
    Who's played better than him this season?

Only argument i could see is Sturridge but other than that Lallanas the only one thats put in consistently good performances.
    Sturridge isn't an argument.

Cahill as well for sure, Baines has had another solid season too. Sterling only played for half a season but he did more in that half season than Lallana.

Arguably Gerrard after January and Henderson the whole season too.

Lallana is not the best player on this team, just because people fawn over him on MOTD doesn't make him the best player on the team.

ReputationRep:
    Saying that, Barkley coming in has made the team suddenly play much better. We're starting to drive more and there is more integration between the CMs and the AMs.
    Yeah, this is what I was about to say. I think more than anything we need a physical link between the attack and the midfield, not just a Rooney touch and go, someone who is going to get on the ball and run. Second you have someone like him or Ox go past their man, someone's got to break from those banks.

He's probably not going to get much credit, he's kind of fashionable to bash atm, but Welbeck is having a really good game. He's putting in a top defensive shift, he's running hard, and he's getting involved. His had some nice link up moments and had a couple of chances too.

ReputationRep:
    But, Lallana has a trendy haircut. And facial hair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)

But his stats though. His stats. :rolleyes:
    Exactly what I have been saying.

Like I said, if we play Rooney and Sturridge together we will get raided against Italy, we will lose.

ReputationRep:
    Last World Cup it was "How many Germans would get in the England team." This World Cup it's "I don't think Italy are good."

ReputationRep:
    Poor old James Milner could be getting excited with the performance Johnson is putting in tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Problmlem with Welbeck is he holds on to it for too long. A couple of times in this game and in midweek he's drifted past a few players with ease and then given it away or ran into traffic.

Like Milner he's nowhere near as bad as some people like to think, but we do have better options.

ReputationRep:
    really hope honduras don't play this dirty at the world cup.
    they should be ashamed really; this is a friendly.

ReputationRep:
    How many times are England going to play a team like this, under circumstances like this in the WC? Perhaps Costa Rica.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.