Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by iced_dragon_agility)
ahhh, but to be 'possessed' by such a man, oooooooooo :coma:

nice syntax and language btw
Dare I ask...?

Thanks :blushing: I have - quite belatedly - discovered that I have not the greatest, but not a particularly bad way with words.

If I get married, and if I write my own vows - they'll be good'uns!
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by omicronlyrae)
Did you write those? o.O

They're also really good...

Yeah. Top of my head jobbies. Thanks.

Welcome to the weirdness in my head... On one hand, accepted the thought that one day, I might be in the position where I'm killing someone [however slim the odds], on the other hand... words like that :dontknow:
iced_dragon_agility
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
well, by any nice man he can have all of me XD

your vows would make your bride to be cry from happiness!
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by iced_dragon_agility)
well, by any nice man he can have all of me XD

your vows would make your bride to be cry from happiness!
Ah, I see. So good words works for you? I'll send you a nice email if you want, see if it works for you.

And I'm not sure if I'd be thanked for that!:p:
georgia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I actually agree with Drew's point (yes yes, most shocking :p: and I'm sorry, it happened again!)

I don't like the idea of being possessed by a man - far too much like being controlled or something. I'd rather exist as strong equals than one dominating the other like that.

And for the record, the second alternative is lovely
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by georgia)
I actually agree with Drew's point (yes yes, most shocking :p: and I'm sorry, it happened again!)

I don't like the idea of being possessed by a man - far too much like being controlled or something. I'd rather exist as strong equals than one dominating the other like that.

And for the record, the second alternative is lovely
This exactly.

You're called partners for a reason. The idea that the Man owns the Wife has long since left our culture - thankfully.

And thanks. I kinda preferred my first one, though I - obviously :p: - think they're both not bad.
iced_dragon_agility
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i don't mean possessed possessed, it's like feeling very wanted ^^
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It just doesn't sound right.

I'm definitely in georgia's camp. A relationship is a thing to be shared. You can feel beholdened to someone, but not without your freedom.
omicronlyrae
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I agree with drew and georgia on this, but i do see your point ida =) I just...i rememer what feeling very wanted was like and it was like being smothered by emotions =/
iced_dragon_agility
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
of course you'll have freedom, im all for that, i've just interpreted it in a different way. ive read a lot of books where the language is very much like that.
iced_dragon_agility
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I agree with drew and georgia on this, but i do see your point ida =) I just...i rememer what feeling very wanted was like and it was like being smothered by emotions =/
yeah yeah, like that ^^
omicronlyrae
Rep:
?
for the record i didn't like being smothered by emotions. it was horrible, i had hardly any freedom from my ex...
georgia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't like the idea of being beholden to anyone, or indeed wanted like that...it's all a bit hmm. Irrevocable love yes, but not to the smothering extent.

I like my 'me time' just as much as spending time with others. If I didn't have that, I think I'd go mental.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well, I likes what I likes, and my two passages earlier show off what I'd look for.

Obviously, written from a female point of view to fit in the original context :p:

I could earn a living writing that dodgy soppy stuff that wimmin seem to like
omicronlyrae
Rep:
?
(Original post by georgia)
I don't like the idea of being beholden to anyone, or indeed wanted like that...it's all a bit hmm. Irrevocable love yes, but not to the smothering extent.

I like my 'me time' just as much as spending time with others. If I didn't have that, I think I'd go mental.
That is exactly how i feel.
Texan88
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
for the record i didn't like being smothered by emotions. it was horrible, i had hardly any freedom from my ex...
Thats why me and my ex broke up she was insanely clingy and I couldnt take it. Though it still sucks I like being in a relationship but right now being single is more practical in my life. :o:
Pinklemonade-xo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Drewski)

If I get married, and if I write my own vows - they'll be good'uns!
Be careful with that one.. went to a wedding recently and they ahd trouble saying the vows through tears,I daren't imagine what they'd be like had they been evn more sentimental, gushy and lovely Blubbing would be ievitable
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Pinklemonade-xo)
Be careful with that one.. went to a wedding recently and they ahd trouble saying the vows through tears,I daren't imagine what they'd be like had they been evn more sentimental, gushy and lovely Blubbing would be ievitable

I can come up with the nice words, but I can deliver them cleanly enough.

Not quite the same thing, but I was able to read at my grandfather's funeral without breaking.

Just out of curiousity - since you posted the original statements - what do you think of mine?
Pinklemonade-xo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Didn't know who to quote cos it seems a long running conversation.. but for my pennyworth..
I love alone time.. but in some ways I want to know that said partner is able to do the smothering love bit but withold most of the time cos it would peeve me. Does that make sense ??
Pinklemonade-xo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Drewski)
I can come up with the nice words, but I can deliver them cleanly enough.

Not quite the same thing, but I was able to read at my grandfather's funeral without breaking.

Just out of curiousity - since you posted the original statements - what do you think of mine?
I read at my Grandads funeral. That was tough.
I like them.. alot. The secnd is my favourite.
I can deliver things well, if i know what I'm saying overwise my brain works one step ahead on my mouth, and the process between the two.. gets muddled.
aha.. I sound like a lunatic :P
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (282)
27.35%
No (749)
72.65%

Watched Threads