The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wiggity word.
Original post by warwickorbristol
Lost your touch mate, used to have the whole forum hanging on your every word. Nowadays you're the Gary Neville of forum members; a liability destroying all the credibility he once had.

Changed your tune. Before it was dangerous challenges that carry a 10 match ban.

It was dangerous challenges that caused serious injuries.

It's the same reason why attempted murder, carries less of a punishment than murder.

There needs to be accountability.
Reply 9922

Changed your tune. Before it was dangerous challenges that carry a 10 match ban.

I knew you would put this- so predictable and so wrong it is really pathethic :congrats:

Go back to my previous post on this issue and you would see that I mentioned that the whole 10 game ban thing should be used on rare occasions, i.e. when a stupid wreckless tackle result in someone's leg being snapped and iicrc, Wilshere's tackle didn't result in a broken leg so it doesn't warrant a ten game ban.

I challenge you to find a post where I mentioned dangerous challenges.
Original post by Colonel.

Original post by Colonel.
Wow. This thread needs to chill the **** out a bit.

It's cos we actually started talking about football :mmm:
Suppose.
Reply 9925
Can i just mention the fact that Gibbs played poorly again in Clichy's absence today?

Have said before that we'd massively miss Clichy but nooooo everybody wants to sell him...
Reply 9926
We lost to a very good stoke team today. But we really did help their cause!
Well let's face it, we weren't good enough today. Stoke actually played pretty well. The Britannia is a hard place to go. We didn't create enough but one of their goals was very lucky.

All teams have losses like today's in a season, though, even a trophy-winning season. Sometimes you just don't turn up and get plastered by an average team. Days like today are not where our season has gone wrong. The season-destroying moments have rather been:

-Playing well but letting leads slip due to poor defending (e.g. Spurs, Liverpool, Newcastle)

-Not bothering to turn up vs lower teams (points dropped needlessly vs. Brom, for example)

-To a certain extent not bringing our A game to very big matches (Nou Camp, CC final).

Those deficiencies are what have really cost us, imo. There are always games where the performance, the crowd and the luck of the draw just straight up goes against you, it's just that we have let so many days which should have been, and quite easily could have been, great days slip from our grasp.

I mean ****, if we had just taken 12 points rather than 5 from our four games against Newcastle and West Brom, the title would still be in the balance right now...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9928
Original post by Cermo
Can i just mention the fact that Gibbs played poorly again in Clichy's absence today?

Have said before that we'd massively miss Clichy but nooooo everybody wants to sell him...

Actually, most people here don't want Clichy to go anymore, i think, but due to his contract situation there's suggestion that he might go- I'd rather he play out the final year of his contract than Gibbs at the momment.

Also, we'd all rather see someone like Contreao come in if Clichy go.
Man Utd fans jizzing on themselves on fb... blechhh....
my wall is in ruins too... "knocking liverpool off their ****ing perch" "glory glory man utd" and the classic "* years without a trophy".... BLAAARGHHGH
Not suprised Stoke won. They a good side at home and a bunch of lightweights like Arsenal are always going to lose to big, physical bruisers like Stoke because they don't have the mental toughness to cope with it. Their results against the teams they should be beaten have cost them, the same things cost Arsenal every season and Wenger fails to adress them. That is why he has to go.
Almost time for episode 9 of the TSRsenal saga. :teeth:
Btw, is there something about the "cancer ref" term that I'm missing, aside from the fact that the word cancer is sensitive?
Original post by milkytea
Btw, is there something about the "cancer ref" term that I'm missing, aside from the fact that the word cancer is sensitive?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/13/mark-halsey-referee-cancer
I've had lung cancer (neuroblastoma) myself, I certainly wouldn't be impressed if I was being referred to as 'cancer bloke'. :erm:

Right, that story escaped my attention somehow. Think the line was well and truly crossed there tbh
Most football fans are scum. Evidence today. Booing a player who's career was on the line. And mocking a guy who beat cancer just because he's an official.
Lost your touch mate, used to have the whole forum hanging on your every word. Nowadays you're the Gary Neville of forum members; a liability destroying all the credibility he once had.

You're not my mate. I don't even know who you are... John Terry likes mates though, have a word.

No one ever bought into anything I said, they were just significantly less prone to nerd-rage than the current crop, or perhaps just more intelligent.
Original post by Cermo

He was lucky Djourou was on the pitch to take away the focus of how utterly awful he was.
Last season when we beat them after the horrible injury it was because players like Cesc, Campbell and Vermaelen really stepped up on the day and lead us to victory. We didn't get intimidated by Stoke and allow them to play as they did today. Today we didn't really have anyone step up to lead the team. I'll give credit to Van Persie for actually scoring and Wilshere was also fired up but other than that the team just seemed to be lost. The defence was in pieces and we didn't have much attack wise either. We do have problems but they can be fixed if Wenger makes the right changes, and he must make them now because if we go trophyless next season I can't see him staying on any longer.

Latest