Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    and this thread is about to descend into "your club sucks, No your club sucks"

Just leave it please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stopmessing)
    Ohhhh right.... you're talking about the very last game between you two sides where you were trailing 2-0 at HT? Ahh finally we're on speaking terms! And talking about themes at the Emirates.... Hasn't empty seats and booing become quite a regular theme over there recently? Or is my memory deceiving me again? :rolleyes:
    Think you should stick to Rugby. Easier to follow the big numbers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)
    Wenger is bringing in players. Probably 3 or 4 and that will give us the depth we need once we welcome back Ox and Diaby. It'll give us a squad size of about 22/23.

As for being two nil down to spurs. Cough. 5-2, ring any bells?
    Rings a couple actually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhw)
    Rings a couple actually
    Worth a cheeky flutter for this weekend perhaps? 125/1. hmm...

ReputationRep:
    Benzema's agent apparently tells him to reject a move to Arsenal and stay at Madrid. Surely the first time in history that an agent has been against his player moving. Only with Arsenal :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Benzema's agent apparently tells him to reject a move to Arsenal and stay at Madrid. Surely the first time in history that an agent has been against his player moving. Only with Arsenal :laugh:
    There's talk of him wanting Benzema to have a new deal and it would obviously be more lucrative for Benzema and the agent will get his cut.

Big if, but could you see Benzema staying even if Suarez arrives?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Benzema's agent only gave Arsenal the hint that he was available to increase his clients negotiating position with Madrid. We never had a realistic chance of getting him.

Also hearing Di Maria wants to stay at Madrid. Foolish decision if Bale arrives, considering it's a World Cup year :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Benzema's agent only gave Arsenal the hint that he was available to increase his clients negotiating position with Madrid. We never had a realistic chance of getting him.

Also hearing Di Maria wants to stay at Madrid. Foolish decision if Bale arrives, considering it's a World Cup year :rofl:
    He will probably start for Argentina anyway. Lavezzi and other wings have been disgustingly poor haha. Could miss out if Sabella goes with 6 striker formation

ReputationRep:
    No point in badmouthing the transfer business that the Tiny Totts have done this summer. Capoue and Paulinho look like good buys and it's ironic that AVB has done exactly what a lot of gooners have been wanting Arsene to do for years: add some real muscle to the midfield. But we look better creatively, but on a negative note have a paper thin squad. Will be a really good NLD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    He will probably start for Argentina anyway. Lavezzi and other wings have been disgustingly poor haha. Could miss out if Sabella goes with 6 striker formation
    True say. Still, at Madrid would think Isco/Ozil/Bale would get more game time than him. I don't think he's the kind of player that would be happy sitting on the bench, especially at this stage of his career, entering his peak and all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soul of Mischief)
    No point in badmouthing the transfer business that the Tiny Totts have done this summer. Capoue and Paulinho look like good buys and it's ironic that AVB has done exactly what a lot of gooners have been wanting Arsene to do for years: add some real muscle to the midfield. But we look better creatively, but on a negative note have a paper thin squad. Will be a really good NLD.
    Agreed with all this. Looking forward to the derby, hope i'm not working when it's on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soul of Mischief)
    They look too defensive to me. I've watched their opening games and there's hardly any creativity in midfield.

Be interesting to see how we cope with Soldado as I think he's their main threat tbh. We'll be pretty much full strength and I'm hoping Podolski can get his left boot on the ball again. Why we don't play him more I don't know...

I know he gets inconsistent but it takes one second for him to have a shot and bang, goal. He rarely wastes his shots too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Agreed with all this. Looking forward to the derby, hope i'm not working when it's on!
    I'm gonna be at a wedding. I have Sky Go but not on my phone which has unlimited internet allowance. Means I'll be following on BBC and Livescore

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They look too defensive to me. I've watched their opening games and there's hardly any creativity in midfield.

Be interesting to see how we cope with Soldado as I think he's their main threat tbh. We'll be pretty much full strength and I'm hoping Podolski can get his left boot on the ball again. Why we don't play him more I don't know...

I know he gets inconsistent but it takes one second for him to have a shot and bang, goal. He rarely wastes his shots too.
    If Podolski plays, Rosicky won't because Ramsey, Wilshere and Cazorla will make up our midfield trio. No way can Cazorla be sitting on the bench, no way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    I'm gonna be at a wedding. I have Sky Go but not on my phone which has unlimited internet allowance. Means I'll be following on BBC and Livescore

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Couldn't you just remove it say a laptop for the day and put it on your phone? Bit antisocial i guess but depends how much fun you would be having

ReputationRep:

People ask this question a lot but to me it seems obvious. You just cant have podolski and walcott playing on opposite wings against good teams. They are both direct so it just creates an imbalance which just makes us extremely one dimensional. I think I remember Wenger saying something similar to this last week? Cazorla is amazing but we can't expect him to be the only source of creativity against the good teams so we need rosicky up there as well. Podolski would be used more if we had another more creative right winger to balance it out. That's just what I think anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Couldn't you just remove it say a laptop for the day and put it on your phone? Bit antisocial i guess but depends how much fun you would be having
    Haha, I've thought of that. But nah, I think it'd be incredibly rude sitting at the wedding with the footy on - just gotta be on the BBC text commentary. I wouldn't have gone but I've known this mate practically my whole life.

It's funny because I'm also at a wedding this Tuesday so will be missing the Fenerbahce match lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    People ask this question a lot but to me it seems obvious. You just cant have podolski and walcott playing on opposite wings against good teams. They are both direct so it just creates an imbalance which just makes us extremely one dimensional. I think I remember Wenger saying something similar to this last week? Cazorla is amazing but we can't expect him to be the only source of creativity against the good teams so we need rosicky up there as well. Podolski would be used more if we had another more creative right winger to balance it out. That's just what I think anyway
    But Ox and Walcott play together and they do practically the same thing tbh. I feel we underestimate Podolski's finishing.

But I guess you're right. If Di Maria came in, IF, who would make way to the bench?

ReputationRep:
    But Ox and Walcott play together and they do practically the same thing tbh. I feel we underestimate Podolski's finishing.

But I guess you're right. If Di Maria came in, IF, who would make way to the bench?
    Di Maria will play on the left, Walcott right and Giroud in the middle. Behind them would be Santi.

I was so happy when we bought Podolski because I thought he's similar to RVP in many ways but I just don't think he's a winger.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Because he become too anonymous in games. We can't really afford that for one moment of magic every 3/4 games.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.