Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C.Almasy)
    Huge northern bias tbh, they are seen as "proper" football clubs and glorified as old school working class clubs. This country has a large cognitive bias towards those from the disadvantaged backgrounds/victims in general.
    Think we probably are a bit too North London for their liking as well. A bit too intellectual, moralising and grand to feel sorry for. All bowls of Muesli and Arsene Wenger.

Chelsea with their 'proletarian' :rolleyes: fanbase, shameless lack of principles and Terry/Mourinho/Roman leadership never seem to attract any grief whatsoever though. Funny that.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Not to mention the fact that anyone from their academy is yet to become a first-team regular (in the "Roman era" at least). McEachran got 10 games before getting loaned out, I don't see him coming back to the club

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    ^ Not to mention the fact that anyone from their academy is yet to become a first-team regular (in the "Roman era" at least). McEachran got 10 games before getting loaned out, I don't see him coming back to the club
    Shame though because McEachran has a lot of talent. He should be in the Chelsea first team by now. But with the way things are over there I don't think he'll have a role in that first team anytime soon. A club like Southampton would be perfect for him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [email protected] conspiracy theorists in here

There's no agenda we're just **** a lot of the time so it's justified get a hold of yourselves you sound ****ing ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    i nominate our friendly neighbourhood butty to make the new thread btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    [email protected] conspiracy theorists in here

There's no agenda we're just **** a lot of the time so it's justified get a hold of yourselves you sound ****ing ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    i respect that a lot saying it how it is. ozil has been a ****ing flop

ReputationRep:
    i respect that a lot saying it how it is. ozil has been a ****ing flop

Show me the articles on Carroll, Fellaini, Torres, Lamela?

ReputationRep:
    Show me the articles on Carroll, Fellaini, Torres, Lamela?
    I've heard all of them criticised loads by pundits and on commentary

ReputationRep:
    Ozil has been disappointing tbh. Not as bad as people make out but you expect the press to exaggerate things. I'm hoping Sanchez can take the weight of expectation off Ozils shoulders. He seems to be the type of character that thrives under that kind of pressure whereas Ozil seems like the shy guy who prefers life out of the spotlight. Next season is make or break time for Ozil, no more excuses about needing time to adapt.

ReputationRep:
    Ozil had a good game yesterday though. Was instrumental in Germany's clinical counter attacking. He did miss a chance at the end but if anyone is still expecting him to be a prolific goalscorer they obviously don't know his game.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard all of them criticised loads by pundits and on commentary
    Don't think they are vilified by the media and have article after article talking about them 'stealing a living'

Please stop pretending you are an Arsenal fan, because you really aren't. The amount of effort you put in keeping up this front is pathetic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ''Wenger is said to have explained the benefits of joining Arsenal and living in London and Alexis then asked for a few days to think about it. Then he informed his agent ‘within hours’ of the meeting that Arsenal is the team he wanted to join.''

Players love Arsene

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Don't think they are vilified by the media and have article after article talking about them 'stealing a living'

Please stop pretending you are an Arsenal fan, because you really aren't. The amount of effort you put in keeping up this front is pathetic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh boo hoo get over yourself for **** sake every club thinks there's an agenda vs them how stupid can you be

ReputationRep:
    ''Wenger is said to have explained the benefits of joining Arsenal and living in London and Alexis then asked for a few days to think about it. Then he informed his agent ‘within hours’ of the meeting that Arsenal is the team he wanted to join.''

Players love Arsene
    Gotta love the thought of Rogers frantically phoning Sanchez's voicemail while Wenger was having a kickabout with the Brazilian ladies on the beach knowing this one was in the bag.

ReputationRep:

Players love Arsene
    I remember Last year George Graham said Arsene has lost his pulling power. In a space of a year he's managed to get Özil and Sanchez.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by De Chirico)
    Gotta love the thought of Rogers frantically phoning Sanchez's voicemail while Wenger was having a kickabout with the Brazilian ladies on the beach knowing this one was in the bag.
    Pfft who wants Sanchez anyways I'd rather Lallana....proven Prem quality.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If Sanchez goes to Arsenal I can't see him wearing a squad number below 18.

btw, his full name is Alexis Alejandro Sánchez Sánchez (if anyone didn't know that) because both his parents share the same surname. the other famous person with a surname like that... is a diver

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    I remember Last year George Graham said Arsene has lost his pulling power. In a space of a year he's managed to get Özil and Sanchez.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pfft who wants Sanchez anyways I'd rather Lallana....proven Prem quality.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    German with Ozil, Spanish with Sanchez. Rodgers was probably trying to lure him with his strong Irish accent lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Chirico)
    Ozil had a good game yesterday though. Was instrumental in Germany's clinical counter attacking. He did miss a chance at the end but if anyone is still expecting him to be a prolific goalscorer they obviously don't know his game.
    I wanna see him pull the trigger more often tho. He can get a lot more goals, a lot more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    German with Ozil, Spanish with Sanchez. Rodgers was probably trying to lure him with his strong Irish accent lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Rodgers speaks Spanish in fairness

How I imagine Brenton Rodgers' meeting with Sanchez

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.