Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Di Maria will play on the left, Walcott right and Giroud in the middle. Behind them would be Santi.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So either way, Pod will be a bench warmer? See him leaving at the end of the season, if not earlier, if that happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)
    So either way, Pod will be a bench warmer? See him leaving at the end of the season, if not earlier, if that happens.
    I think he will be even if we don't buy Di Maria or another winger. Cazorla will play out wide with Rosicky behind the attackers.

He's a good player but a winger should offer more than what he does - primarily being able to run with the ball at defenders. He just can't do that. Shame really because his left peg is just like RVP's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    He isn't leaving anytime soon. He's a good squad player

ReputationRep:
    But Ox and Walcott play together and they do practically the same thing tbh. I feel we underestimate Podolski's finishing.

But I guess you're right. If Di Maria came in, IF, who would make way to the bench?
    Ox and Walcott only play together against the **** teams. For the good teams, it's always santi and Walcott. If we got di maria, I reckon podolski would be benched with the occasional game with walcott to appease him. He doesn't offer any movement whatsoever. From what I remember, the ball simply luckily landed in front of him for his first goal from a rebound. I love the dude but he really needs to stop playing like hes using a walking stick and take some tips from gervinho (yeah I said it bi*ches :cool:). Clinical finishing as useful as it is will only get you so far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    He isn't leaving anytime soon. He's a good squad player
    100 caps for Germany, nearly 50 goals for Germany, peak of his career, not sure he'd want that. He's been that for a year.

I want him to stay but I can't see him warming the bench for his remaining footballing years. He is on good money though in Arsenal terms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    Ox and Walcott only play together against the **** teams. For the good teams, it's always santi and Walcott. If we got di maria, I reckon podolski would be benched with the occasional game with walcott to appease him. He doesn't offer any movement whatsoever. From what I remember, the ball simply luckily landed in front of him for his first goal from a rebound. I love the dude but he really needs to stop playing like hes using a walking stick and take some tips from gervinho (yeah I said it bi*ches :cool:). Clinical finishing as useful as it is will only get you so far
    Yeah, Podolski's frustrating, his 1 goal in 3 games ratio is decent for a winger though. Wish he had a bit more movement in him and he'd be perfect.

His shot is awesome though, I haven't seen him waste many of his shots though. That's what I mean, if we can find him and give him some space he could rocket the ball into the net.

ReputationRep:
    New thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...6#post44193866

ReputationRep:
    === Thread closed ===

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xamanus)
    === Thread closed ===
    kk

ReputationRep:
    ==========================CLOSED =========================

ReputationRep:
    CLOSED

ReputationRep:
    Case Closed

ReputationRep:
    Closed

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Going out on a high?

ReputationRep:
    Looooooooool these RVP gifs are pissing me off, anything but him. All part of the banter. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRDJNoax8p8

Mods, close this already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRDJNoax8p8

Mods, close this already.
    I'd 8-2 see the thread end on that

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    I'd 8-2 see the thread end on that

:congrats:

Very original ...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.